VET VS ROOKIE WR FOR 08

JinWPB

They already said they wouldnt do that with Bryant Johnson... why would they offer that to kennison?

They said they wouldn't do it for younger players with upside. They didn't have a problem signing K. Thomas to play nickel for two years. They didn't want to set a new standard for signing younger guys so they can get rich - they want young guys who are able to grow together and are willign to add in older Vets as stop-gap guys until they can draft their replacements (see Reyes, Tutan and Tripplette, Larry).

Agreed , but in his last 5 seasons with KC( not counting last year) he averaged over 900yds and 5 TD every year.

"not counting last year" is not an advisable tactic to use when analyzing the potential of an injured 35 yo WR.

And anyone comparing Kennison to Lofton needs to have their head examined.

Good post....I always thought that he was underrated as well and he definitely has not had much talent at QB to work with most of his career....I say why not take a 1 year deal and get him on board!

They said they wouldn't do it for younger players with upside. They didn't have a problem signing K. Thomas to play nickel for two years. They didn't want to set a new standard for signing younger guys so they can get rich - they want young guys who are able to grow together and are willign to add in older Vets as stop-gap guys until they can draft their replacements (see Reyes, Tutan and Tripplette, Larry).

Maybe but i feel those stop gap guys were the first two years of the regime... who have they signed this year that fits that category? Stroad? Johnson?

He might be able to be that guy for us. I agree with this one a bit more than other recievers people bring up. That said however i doubt the Bills make a move for him, his age is the main factor

I am not sure he is the right answer but I like how your thinking. They will draft one or two WR's and they will sign one or two Vets.

I was betting on Moulds being the Vet but it could be someone else.

Let me preface my statement by saying that I understand that logic behind the post. For the most part I would support any signing of this nature. With that being said, IMO Kennison would bring NOTHING to the table.

Although he is 6'1, he doesn't play like a big reciever, has never been an above-average red zone reciever, and quit on his teammates in Denver. Though that may have been years ago, it still is inexcusable. He is not tough over the middle, he does not possess amazing hands. Kennison has decent speed but that is all. If we're going to bring in an over the hill vet it should be someone who is at least a red zone target.

Either way, I can't wait for the draft, only 7 days and 1 hour.