The Bills need to make it happen

I know...Chad has a big mouth etc...but the guy is a legit #1 WR...imagine Chad, Evans, and Lynch and an offense that is now Fairchild free, and the Bills offense will become a Top 15 offensive unit.

Ocho Cinco brings some other things to the table:

1. Personality: If I am looking at this from a business standpoint, it gives my franchise some relevance, better talent, and a personality that can only help my franchise sell more tickets and jerseys. PR is big for business. No matter how much we hate ESPN for hyping other teams and ignoring Buffalo, that will not happen with Chad in the fold.

2. Production: No denying what he can do on the field, and the ripple effect will be great...makes Lee that much better, Parrish etc...opens things up for the running game because defenses will not be able to stack the box against Lynch.

3. Instant Impact: Sure, the Bills can draft a WR at 11. Generally, WR's do not produce right away, and Jauron and the Bills are at a point where a move needs to be made to get into the Top 6. If the Bills can trade a 2nd for Chad as an example, that #11th pick can be used on a guy like Derrick Harvey to improve the D-line. Win Win situation for the Bills.

Make it happen Brandon!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude after listening to this guy for the past month I dont know how any team would want to deal with this distraction. I really liked CJ before this whole mess but now he is border line T.O. There is no denying he isnt a great talent but now he wants to be paid and coddled. Not a chance buddy.

Dude after listening to this guy for the past month I dont know how any team would want to deal with this distraction. I really liked CJ before this whole mess but now he is border line T.O. There is no denying he isnt a great talent but now he wants to be paid and coddled. Not a chance buddy.

It would be great to go get this guy, it could save this franchise. New announcement in LA for an NFL team, and Toronto already having a lock on the Bills. This is a time for desperate measures. The best way to keep this team in this town is to compete against Jerry Jones money. Jones is a football idiot, just like Snyder. Beat them at their own game and help keep Buffalo an NFL town. The answer is to win and this is a gift made just for the Bills.

Well if Ralph is really serious about winning NOW....he can make that happen too....no excuses why the Bills cannot pay a guy like that.

I know...Chad has a big mouth etc...but the guy is a legit #1 WR...imagine Chad, Evans, and Lynch and an offense that is now Fairchild free, and the Bills offense will become a Top 15 offensive unit.

1. Personality: If I am looking at this from a business standpoint, it gives my franchise some relevance, better talent, and a personality that can only help my franchise sell more tickets and jerseys. PR is big for business. No matter how much we hate ESPN for hyping other teams and ignoring Buffalo, that will not happen with Chad in the fold.

2. Production: No denying what he can do on the field, and the ripple effect will be great...makes Lee that much better, Parrish etc...opens things up for the running game because defenses will not be able to stack the box against Lynch.

3. Instant Impact: Sure, the Bills can draft a WR at 11. Generally, WR's do not produce right away, and Jauron and the Bills are at a point where a move needs to be made to get into the Top 6. If the Bills can trade a 2nd for Chad as an example, that #11th pick can be used on a guy like Derrick Harvey to improve the D-line. Win Win situation for the Bills.

Are you by any chance eating the mulch instead of spreading it?

For those here who just love to be comedians here and come up with the fancy one liners, care to offer any reasons why the Bills offense would not greatly benefit from adding a guy who can provide instant production, or should we just hold on to these coveted 2nd and 3rd round draft picks and hope for the best, watch another 7-9 season and complain next year again???

Ocho is a distraction. But he just likes to celebrate and have fun. He likes to win. He doesn't have any off-field issues. He might be annoying to some, but I find him entertaining. It would be risky to bring him on board. But my question is this: What would it cost to get him?

I would not give our pick 11 for him. I would however give up pick 41.

For those here who just love to be comedians here and come up with the fancy one liners, care to offer any reasons why the Bills offense would not greatly benefit from adding a guy who can provide instant production, or should we just hold on to these coveted 2nd and 3rd round draft picks and hope for the best, watch another 7-9 season and complain next year again???

I'll try. Do you honestly believe his talent and production will outweigh the potential problems he will most definitely bring with him? Have you listened to him the last couple of weeks and watched his antics over the last couple of years? I believe he is not worth the trouble and cost to bring him here.

Silent Bob would never have posted this! :beer:

How about, besides all the other crap, he's on the wrong side of 30 and it's obvious this front office has been focusing on adding and building through youth. So, besides your suggestion being silly it's not even realistic considering the present real world operation of One Bills Drive.

That enough? Now, go grab yourself a rake...

I can't come up with anything. From almost all accounts CJ is actually a really good teammate. Sure he is a showboat and wants the ball, but how many wideouts in this day and age can you name that aren't like that to some degree? Only a handful.

Beyond the obvious personality issue....I think his best years are behind him.

Care to explain because there is no statistical trend that shows this. :beer:

If you think it's mainly because of his attitude that's one thing. His actual on field production says he's an elite nfl wr, with no signs of a downward trend.

How about, besides all the other crap, he's on the wrong side of 30 and it's obvious this front office has been focusing on adding and building through youth. So, besides your suggestion being silly it's not even realistic considering the present real world operation of One Bills Drive.

That enough? Now, go grab yourself a rake...

Stop with the age stuff. The guy JUST turned 30 in January, and there have been a ton of WRs in this league, ie Harrison, Holt, Owens, etc. who have had some of their best years statistically at 30+ years of age. The contract may be the only problem I see with bringing Johnson in, not age or production.