The latest on the NFL in L.A. saga

So in a sense it's going to be L.A. or Toronto.........I really hope the team doesn't move. We are quickly become the Seattle Supersonics of the NFL! NOT GOOD! :P

NFL in L.A.?

"If a team committed to moving to Los Angeles, "we could begin construction in the final quarter of this year and have it ready for play for the first exhibition game in 2011."

Besides the Bills, what other franchises are on shaky ground? New Orleans? Jax? Minny?

PTR

NFL in L.A.?

Besides the Bills, what other franchises are on shaky ground? New Orleans? Jax? Minny?

PTR

I think taking NO and Jax can be taken off that list, for the most part. New Orleans is selling plenty of seats these days, and the NFL has said they will be patient with the Jags as they know that city is growing way too rapidly right now to bail. That said, I think an expansion team would be LA's best bet.

I think taking NO and Jax can be taken off that list, for the most part. New Orleans is selling plenty of seats these days, and the NFL has said they will be patient with the Jags as they know that city is growing way too rapidly right now to bail. That said, I think an expansion team would be LA's best bet.

Note the quote. I don't think these guys are thinking expansion. In fact expect a record price for a sports franchise when the Bills go to auction. $1B+++ Good luck finding anyone who can afford that and keep the team in WNY.

PTR

Note the quote. I don't think these guys are thinking expansion. In fact expect a record price for a sports franchise when the Bills go to auction. $1B+++ Good luck finding anyone who can afford that and keep the team in WNY.

PTR

I am pretty sure that the NFL is now extracting fees for taking opportunities for expansion markets, which should lower the benefit of moving.

PTR

Somehow I feel like we will somehow stay. Remember, Kelly and others are trying their best...................what about Golisano buying the team?

FTR, this is about the 4th LA stadium that has been planned. When I see shovels in the ground, then I'll be concerned.

Likewise. Especially at this site.

LA Times: California subsidy for NFL stadium is blocked

State lawmakers balk at a plan to use tax money to lure a team to a proposed site in the city of Industry.

By Patrick McGreevy, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

April 17, 2008

SACRAMENTO -- Faced with angry opposition from Los Angeles County supervisors, state lawmakers Wednesday sidelined an effort by the city of Industry to get millions of dollars in tax subsidies that could help lure a National Football League team back to the area.

Backed by developer Ed Roski Jr., who wants to build a football stadium on 600 vacant acres he owns in Industry, the city had asked for power to divert $829 million in county property tax revenue from basic government services to subsidize unnamed development projects.

But county officials, complaining that much of the money would come from their already tight budget, blitzed state lawmakers with letters and phone calls demanding that they vote against the proposal.

Minutes before its first hearing, Senate Majority Leader Gloria Romero (D-Los Angeles), who had gutted an unrelated bill of its contents and replaced it with Industry's bid, pulled the proposal from consideration. Her Senate district includes Industry, home to 804 people.

doesn't matter... won't happen and an NFL team wouldn't survive there anymore... no interest. Ask Georgia Frontiere (from her grave) and Al Davis.

I'd really like to see this issue resolved before 5 years. If it means sharing the team, long term with TO - with most games played in Buffalo - then I'm fine with it.

But why wait 5 years?

I agree. I just want to stop worrying. I mean, at least knowing how much it would cost to keep them there either with a new stadium and/or 2-3 games in Toronto each year.

So in a sense it's going to be L.A. or Toronto.........I really hope the team doesn't move. We are quickly become the Seattle Supersonics of the NFL! NOT GOOD! :beer:

How the hell can you compare the Bills to the Sonics? Where are the similarities?