Mock Draft with a twist

I would love the trade down, just not sure if Thomas should be our guy. I wouldn't be disappointed, but I think Sweed is the more complete player and has a little more size. Devin Thomas on film, however, looks like a beast who can take a hit over the middle and isn't afraid of contact

I would love the trade down, just not sure if Thomas should be our guy. I wouldn't be disappointed, but I think Sweed is the more complete player and has a little more size. Devin Thomas on film, however, looks like a beast who can take a hit over the middle and isn't afraid of contact

Ditto.

Do you think a 3rd is enough to move back?

Warning: The words "value" and "reach" are mentioned in this post. Proceed with caution.

It's an mid round third pick. Does seem a little light per the value chart, but if the Bills get get the guy they

really want, seems like a good value instead of having to reach.

:huh:

That just happened in the DraftTek mock.

http://www.drafttek.com/2008Corr1.html

I traded down with Minnesota, picked up their 3rd rounder, they drafted Harvey. I plan to draft Sweed, but I will check in with TSW first.

Astrobot

Bills Correspondent

www.DraftTek.com

I like Sweed...But I like Thomas more...Sweed is definitely the safer Pick...I think if they both reach their potential Thomas will be the better Player by more than just a little... :huh:

I like Sweed...But I like Thomas more...Sweed is definitely the safer Pick...I think if they both reach their potential Thomas will be the better Player by more than just a little... :huh:

I'll put up a poll when the schedule posts have settled down.

I think I'll be on the clock tomorrow morning with the Bills' pick.

My Plan:

The Bills #11 for the Vikes' #17, and extra 3rd Rounder (#73).

1 #17----Limas Sweed WR- Texas

2 #42----Martellus Bennett TE - Texas A&M

3 #72----Antwaun Molden - CB - E Ky (may still go Charles Godfrey here)

3 #73----Mike McGlynn RG - Pgh

4 #111---Andre Fluellen DT - FSU

4 #132---Owen Schmitt FB- WVU

5 #138---Ezra Butler OLB- Nevada (quick for size, nasty)

6 #170---Orlando Skandrick CB - Boise – (May be a Safety)

7 #202---Rudolph Hardie DE - Howard

7 #210---Fernando Velasco OC - Georgia

7 #251---Darrell Strong TE-Pittsburgh

UDFA's:

Marcus Henry, WR KS,

Derek Lokey DT- Texas

Marcus Howard DE - Ga

Dennis Keyes FS -UCLA

Kennard Cox CB Pitt

Jehuu Caulcrick FB MichSt

Kelin Johnson FS -Ga

Jalen Parmele RB - Toledo

Chad Hall RB Air Force

Paul Smith QB – Tulsa

Here's my question on how a reach is a reach then...

So, to move back, we should get value for (in this scenario) passing up 3 lineman, a HB, an OLB and a DE just to get the guy we need, when we wouldn't take 4 of those anyway?

So... other than to get an extra draft pick, what is the point of trading back and possibly losing out on the prospect in case another team "reaches?"

I'll put up a poll when the schedule posts have settled down.

I think I'll be on the clock tomorrow morning with the Bills' pick.

My Plan:

The Bills #11 for the Vikes' #17, and extra 3rd Rounder (#73).

1 #17----Limas Sweed WR- Texas

2 #42----Martellus Bennett TE - Texas A&M

3 #72----Antwaun Molden - CB - E Ky (may still go Charles Godfrey here)

3 #73----Mike McGlynn RG - Pgh

4 #111---Andre Fluellen DT - FSU

4 #132---Owen Schmitt FB- WVU

5 #138---Ezra Butler OLB- Nevada (quick for size, nasty)

6 #170---Orlando Skandrick CB - Boise – (May be a Safety)

7 #202---Rudolph Hardie DE - Howard

7 #210---Fernando Velasco OC - Georgia

7 #251---Darrell Strong TE-Pittsburgh

UDFA's:

Marcus Henry, WR KS,

Derek Lokey DT- Texas

Marcus Howard DE - Ga

Dennis Keyes FS -UCLA

Kennard Cox CB Pitt

Jehuu Caulcrick FB MichSt

Kelin Johnson FS -Ga

Jalen Parmele RB - Toledo

Chad Hall RB Air Force

Paul Smith QB – Tulsa

Wow, that would easily make me the happiest Bills fan known to man. Glad someone else saw Ezra Butler play, and I watched Darrell Strong play too, great players.

If Devin Thomas is their man and who they are targeting, I would love to trade down as long as we don't lose out on Thomas. I'm just not sold on the other WR's when compared to Thomas and his all around potential/strength/speed/size/hands/etc....

Mock Draft

Bills move back and pick WR Devin Thomas

It's rare when you find a mock that speculates on trades. It seems reasonable that, considering what the Bills need and where they pick, a trade back could happen.

Do you like the scenario that they have here?

If Devin Thomas is their man and who they are targeting, I would love to trade down as long as we don't lose out on Thomas. I'm just not sold on the other WR's when compared to Thomas and his all around potential/strength/speed/size/hands/etc....

Great Comment! That in fact might be what happens in our DraftTek Correspondent's mock.

http://www.drafttek.com/2008Corr1.html

If I am targeting ONE player at #17 after trading down with the Vikings, I may get stung on that one. Denver just might take Devin Thomas with the 15th pick. I know that Detroit, Carolina, and Chicago are really intent on a OT, so Denver (who wants OT, WR, DT) and Arizona (who likes RB) are my obstacles to getting Thomas.

However, if I am content with one of 2 or 3 WR's, I'll be happy. Especially when I'm drafting twice in Round 3.