Mike Mayock's comments about Devin Thomas

Devin Thomas, Michigan State

6-2, 215

40-time: 4.40

Projected round: 1

Mayock:

"An explosive athlete. Runs a 4.4 and is probably the best run-after-catch guy in the draft. Has kickoff-return capabilities. Flip side is that he's a 1-year wonder.

Had six catches as a sophomore, then 79 last year. And if you put the Iowa tape on, I counted seven drops in that game.

I didn't give any WR in the draft a first-round grade. But this kid probably will go in the first because he's so explosive."

Devin Thomas, Michigan State

6-2, 215

40-time: 4.40

Projected round: 1

Mayock:

"An explosive athlete. Runs a 4.4 and is probably the best run-after-catch guy in the draft. Has kickoff-return capabilities. Flip side is that he's a 1-year wonder.

Had six catches as a sophomore, then 79 last year. And if you put the Iowa tape on, I counted seven drops in that game.

I didn't give any WR in the draft a first-round grade. But this kid probably will go in the first because he's so explosive."

7? Whoa. Could be just a bad day i hope at least. Might have been sick allegegies perhaps.

Well, he did catch 9 for 139 yards in that game...and 2,600 all purpose yards for the season.

It doesn't add up, IMO. I'd like to see all of these 'dropped' passes, to see if its really Thomas, or if Mayock is being overly critical and counting borderline passes as drops.

Wow, that's alarming. I didn't realize what little experience he's had. I don't think a team can count on him to come in and be a force his first year. Robert Meachem?

Hardy. He's got the height and size to be 'open when he's not open', doesn't drop anything, and a huge threat in the red zone where, let's face it, the Bills sucked the last few seasons.

James Hardy - Scouting Report

James Hardy - NFLDraftScout

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :sick:

Hardy. He's got the height and size to be 'open when he's not open', doesn't drop anything, and a huge threat in the red zone where, let's face it, the Bills sucked the last few seasons.

James Hardy - Scouting Report

James Hardy - NFLDraftScout

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :sick:

I agree. I think Hardy would be the safer pick here. Yeah, he's had some off field stuff but at least he's been honest and taken responsibuility for it. He just looks like a better threat than Thomas and right now the Bills need someone to step in and do exactly that.