Malcolm Kelly's workout has me convinced...

With regards to DRC, I can't see using a high draft pick on a guy who has so much potential to be a bust.

On the other hand, its going to be 50-50 regardless of who you choose, so taking the guy with huge potential does have its merits.

On the other hand, its going to be 50-50 regardless of who you choose, so taking the guy with huge potential does have its merits.

If it's as simple as being 50-50 then why do the teams bother to put so much effort in scouting? Because they take precautionary steps to minimize their risk.

If you're choosing a track star who is extremely raw, isn't physical, can't tackle, hasn't played against top notch talent and has only one kidney....that's not exactly minimizing risk. If we were a team that could afford (talent-wise...not monetarily) to take a chance on a guy like this, then even I can admit that it would be fun to have the guy on the team. But we aint.

If it's as simple as being 50-50 then why do the teams bother to put so much effort in scouting? Because they take precautionary steps to minimize their risk.

If you're choosing a track star who is extremely raw, isn't physical, can't tackle, hasn't played against top notch talent and has only one kidney....that's not exactly minimizing risk. If we were a team that could afford (talent-wise...not monetarily) to take a chance on a guy like this, then even I can admit that it would be fun to have the guy on the team. But we aint.

The point is to show that there is always a significant risk involved. Ultimately, I think that it comes down to choosing the guy who, if he hits anything close to his potential, will make the biggest positive impact on your team. The draft should be approached just like a game. You play to win. That doesn't mean that you get stupid, but sometimes you have to take risks to get ahead.

With regards to DRC, I can't see using a high draft pick on a guy who has so much potential to be a bust.

Thing is, with his natural athletic ability and talent it seems some good coaching and a great work ethic could turn him into a star. He's super raw, but super talented.

He did play against weak competition, but he was great at the combine and lit up the Senior Bowl, where he earned defensive MVP honours.

He's high risk/high reward. But I think he'll be a solid starter and perhaps even a pro bowler come his third or fourth year.

• 3 weeks later...
at 11 like Jenkins or DRC and then trade for a pick between 20-35 to grab D Thomas, Sweed or Hardy. I think that Jauron/Modrak/Fewell value DB's over WR. If we leave the draft with Jenkins/DRC and Sweed/Hardy I will get a raging hardon!

OH MY GOD! I AM A GENIUS!!! A BONAFIDE GENIUS!!! ITS NO WONDER I HAVE ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN THE BANK!THATS RIGHT!I HAVE ONE TENTH OF A BILLION DOLLARS IN THE BANK!!!HAD I PREDICTED THAT MCKELVIN WOULD STILL BE AVAILABLE AT 11 MY CLARVOYANCE WOULD ASSURE ME A WINDOW OFFICE IN CITY HALL!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD! I AM A GENIUS!!! A BONAFIDE GENIUS!!! ITS NO WONDER I HAVE ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN THE BANK!THATS RIGHT!I HAVE ONE TENTH OF A BILLION DOLLARS IN THE BANK!!!HAD I PREDICTED THAT MCKELVIN WOULD STILL BE AVAILABLE AT 11 MY CLARVOYANCE WOULD ASSURE ME A WINDOW OFFICE IN CITY HALL!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you just typed that with your rooster?