How About a Tradedown For Lito Sheppard?

A DraftTek reader writes:

"One of Buffalo's major needs is at WR, but #11 is too high to be selecting a WR. Philadelphia could use help at OT, but the way many mock drafts are looking, it seems that the last of the elite OTs could go to the teams at #12 to #14. Furthermore, Philadelphia has been shopping CB Lito Sheppard, after signing Asante Samuel.

In the trade, Buffalo gives up #11 and #147 (RD5) and receives #19 plus Lito. This would mean that Philadelphia would be getting compensation for Lito more or less in line with what was given to Atlanta for DeAngelo Hall (the difference in first round picks is a value equal to a second) plus a fifth.

What do you think?"

I thought I'd put it up for discussion. I would do this trade, which essentially could look like this:

RD1-Lito Sheppard CB

RD1-Devin Thomas WR/KR

RD2-Mike Pollak-OC/OG

RD3-Red Bryant -DT

RD4-John Carlson-TE

RD4-Brian Johnston- DE

RD6-Thomas Brown- RB Georgia-204 4.5 quickst, 38"vertical, ACL '06

RD7-Dennis Dixon QB - Oregon inj ACL

RD7-Mark Bradford, WR Stanford,6'1",211,4.6, 41vert

RD7 Mike Gibson - OT Cal - sprung Lynch

I like that idea but Lito is demanding a new contract and significant raise even though he has three years left on his old one. Not sure the Bills want that headache.

This is the MAJOR stumbling block the Eagles will have trying to unload Lito. The Eagles want the same compensation Atl got for Hall & Lito wants to be paid like Hall. Problem is Lito is not as good as Hall, if he was, the Eagles would have had no need to pay all that money to Samuel.

A DraftTek reader writes:

"One of Buffalo's major needs is at WR, but #11 is too high to be selecting a WR. Philadelphia could use help at OT, but the way many mock drafts are looking, it seems that the last of the elite OTs could go to the teams at #12 to #14. Furthermore, Philadelphia has been shopping CB Lito Sheppard, after signing Asante Samuel.

In the trade, Buffalo gives up #11 and #147 (RD5) and receives #19 plus Lito. This would mean that Philadelphia would be getting compensation for Lito more or less in line with what was given to Atlanta for DeAngelo Hall (the difference in first round picks is a value equal to a second) plus a fifth.

What do you think?"

I thought I'd put it up for discussion. I would do this trade, which essentially could look like this:

RD1-Lito Sheppard CB

RD1-Devin Thomas WR/KR

RD2-Mike Pollak-OC/OG

RD3-Red Bryant -DT

RD4-John Carlson-TE

RD4-Brian Johnston- DE

RD6-Thomas Brown- RB Georgia-204 4.5 quickst, 38"vertical, ACL '06

RD7-Dennis Dixon QB - Oregon inj ACL

RD7-Mark Bradford, WR Stanford,6'1",211,4.6, 41vert

RD7 Mike Gibson - OT Cal - sprung Lynch

Anybody got a tissue? That draft is amazing