Protein Supplements - do you use them?

rockpile

That was me. Cutting down on the alcohol alone saves me close to 800 useless calories a day.

A few weeks ago I decided not to drink at all for a while to see if it "bothered" me. After a week, the only thing I missed was the taste. I wanted to make sure I was not getting into that gray area of a "problem drinker", since I was drinking a couple beers and a couple glasses of wine EVERY day.

So I pretty much just cut down to one small glass of wine or one beer (or none) if I am just home.

Useless, RP? :P

USELESS???

• 4 weeks later...
BSN NO-XPLODE-Pre workout (although this stuff is loaded with caffeine and might not be for everyone)

BSN Cell-MASS- Creatine and workout recovery supplement. Awesome for recovery, wouldn't work out with out it.

I am taking to No-XPLODE now and LOVE THIS STUFF. I want to go work out like crazy as opposed to dragging my ass into the gym. I take three scoops pre-workout and one after. On non-workout days I take one scoop.

The question is do you have to cycle off? The guy at VitaminWorld (who I would never trust) says that you do not have to cycle off because the creatine used in it is composed of a small molecule and won't get trapped in the kidneys like the creatine products of a few years ago.

Moderators, can this stay here? It is not a weght loss question, just general health.

I have been making "shakes" with yogurt, milk, and various fruits. I tried adding vitamin supplement or whey protein powder and it really spoils the shake for me. They do not overpower the flavor, but you know can taste it and it screws up the "texture" of the drink.

Does anyone know of a way to add nutirion to a healthy shake like this, without ruining the taste? :thumbsup:

I am drinking these a lot, more and more in place of a meal, and I am generally feeling much better overall AND losing weight.

As I increase my regular exercise program and add free weights, I want to make sure I am getting enough nutrition.

Suggestions?

The book The ABS Diet has several good recipies.

I am taking to No-XPLODE now and LOVE THIS STUFF. I want to go work out like crazy as opposed to dragging my ass into the gym. I take three scoops pre-workout and one after. On non-workout days I take one scoop.

The question is do you have to cycle off? The guy at VitaminWorld (who I would never trust) says that you do not have to cycle off because the creatine used in it is composed of a small molecule and won't get trapped in the kidneys like the creatine products of a few years ago.

If you dont cycle off the No Explode it will lose its energy effect after a while......

by the way....No Xplode is not a protein supplement....this is a creatine supplement with extra caffiene in it for the energy effect.

i dont know too much about Cell Mass but I thought this was the protein

If you dont cycle off the No Explode it will lose its energy effect after a while......

by the way....No Xplode is not a protein supplement....this is a creatine supplement with extra caffiene in it for the energy effect.

I drink two scoops of whey protein in two shakes (four scoopes a day). I put two scoops in my morning shake and I drink another shake at about three pm (or after my workout).

I have been making "shakes" with yogurt, milk, and various fruits. I tried adding vitamin supplement or whey protein powder and it really spoils the shake for me. They do not overpower the flavor, but you know can taste it and it screws up the "texture" of the drink.

NO, I do not use protein supplements, but my girlfriend drinks my protein shake :lol:

Does anyone know of a way to add nutirion to a healthy shake like this, without ruining the taste? :worthy:

...and she never complains about the taste as she swallows it down :thumbsup:B-)

That was me. Cutting down on the alcohol alone saves me close to 800 useless calories a day.

A few weeks ago I decided not to drink at all for a while to see if it "bothered" me. After a week, the only thing I missed was the taste. I wanted to make sure I was not getting into that gray area of a "problem drinker", since I was drinking a couple beers and a couple glasses of wine EVERY day.

So I pretty much just cut down to one small glass of wine or one beer (or none) if I am just home.

Good for you! I still drink but gave up drinking after hockey games. If I have beer after playing the next day I m very dehydrated and can't drink enough water to feel good again. I also started having a Gatorade after because the simple sugars go right to the muscles and I also have some whey protein with a bit of creatin. I feel much better the day after a game now.

Good for you! I still drink but gave up drinking after hockey games. If I have beer after playing the next day I m very dehydrated and can't drink enough water to feel good again. I also started having a Gatorade after because the simple sugars go right to the muscles and I also have some whey protein with a bit of creatin. I feel much better the day after a game now.

I am still drinking my shakes: yogurt, milk, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, sometimes apples, pears, grapes, fresh pineapple - whatever is available. I am eating more unsalted peanuts and almonds. I also switched to dark whole grain wheat bread with tuna or salmon.

The secret to making the shakes tastier is natural vanilla extract.

I make my own "flavored' vitamin water by mixing some grape or cranberry juice with filtered water, and using it to take a vitamin! :D It tastes as good and is about half the calories.

Slothrop,

Why are you taking the NO after your workout? Yeah its got some creatine in it but its a pre-workout supplement that is really intended to give you that exta Pump you feel during your workouts. The creatine in NO is minmal and furthermore its counteracted by the amount of caffeine thats in the supplement. If you like the effects of the NO, trust me, you'll like the effects of the NO even more when you stack it with BSN Cell-Mass. Cell Mass is a Creatine/Recovery supplement that IMO is the best supplement on the market, I love this stuff! The NO gets you pumped up in the gym and causes you to get great workouts and the Cell-Mass ensures that you get optimal benefits/results from working so hard. Don't take NO after your workouts go get a bottle Cell-Mass and take that instead (plus Cell-Mass tastes good, not like NO which taste like sh*t). Trust me after 2-3 weeks on both the NO and the Cell Mass I made some signifcant strength gains.

BSN recommends a 12 week cycle with a 4 week off cycle for both NO-Explode and Cell-Mass (thats a long fuggin cycle though I usually do about an 8 week cycle). Also you will build an immunity to the NO-Explode like John from Hemet said (especially if your doing 3 scoops pre workout). Thats why its good to cycle off of it. In additon after you get off Creatine your body will lose a lot of the water weight it causes you to hold and you'll naturally get more cut up anyway. Heres the routine I've followed for the last 6 months with the best results I've ever had..........

Creatine Cycle 8 weeks

Pre Workout--NO Explode (I only do 2 scoops though)

Post Workout --Cell Mass (1 scoop on training days right after working out, 2 on off days: 1 in am, 1 at night)

200 grams of Protein every day (Shakes and Meals)

Cutting Cycle 7 weeks

Animal Cuts (2 packs daily for 3 weeks, 1 week off, 2 packs daily for 3 weeks)

Drink lots of water, cut calories (especially sugars and sodium) and still consume at least 150 grams of Protein Daily

This combo will get you fuggin ripped.

Heres links for the other Supplements, you should try these..................

BSN CELL MASS

ANIMAL CUTS

ABB PURE PRO EXTREME BODY 50 SHAKES

Slothrop,

Why are you taking the NO after your workout? Yeah its got some creatine in it but its a pre-workout supplement that is really intended to give you that exta Pump you feel during your workouts. The creatine in NO is minmal and furthermore its counteracted by the amount of caffeine thats in the supplement. If you like the effects of the NO, trust me, you'll like the effects of the NO even more when you stack it with BSN Cell-Mass. Cell Mass is a Creatine/Recovery supplement that IMO is the best supplement on the market, I love this stuff! The NO gets you pumped up in the gym and causes you to get great workouts and the Cell-Mass ensures that you get optimal benefits/results from working so hard. Don't take NO after your workouts go get a bottle Cell-Mass and take that instead (plus Cell-Mass tastes good, not like NO which taste like sh*t). Trust me after 2-3 weeks on both the NO and the Cell Mass I made some signifcant strength gains.

BSN recommends a 12 week cycle with a 4 week off cycle for both NO-Explode and Cell-Mass (thats a long fuggin cycle though I usually do about an 8 week cycle). Also you will build an immunity to the NO-Explode like John from Hemet said (especially if your doing 3 scoops pre workout). Thats why its good to cycle off of it. In additon after you get off Creatine your body will lose a lot of the water weight it causes you to hold and you'll naturally get more cut up anyway. Heres the routine I've followed for the last 6 months with the best results I've ever had..........

Creatine Cycle 8 weeks

Pre Workout--NO Explode (I only do 2 scoops though)

Post Workout --Cell Mass (1 scoop on training days right after working out, 2 on off days: 1 in am, 1 at night)

200 grams of Protein every day (Shakes and Meals)

Cutting Cycle 7 weeks

Animal Cuts (2 packs daily for 3 weeks, 1 week off, 2 packs daily for 3 weeks)

Drink lots of water, cut calories (especially sugars and sodium) and still consume at least 150 grams of Protein Daily

This combo will get you fuggin ripped.

Heres links for the other Supplements, you should try these..................

BSN CELL MASS

ANIMAL CUTS

ABB PURE PRO EXTREME BODY 50 SHAKES

Great advice - thanks. I didn't think I should be taking teh NO Explode after the workouts as well, but I was just doing what the dweeb at the store said. BTW, the fruit punch NO Explode does not taste bad, but the Grape is f-ing terrible!

What is Animal Cuts? (EDIT: just saw your link)