• Branden Albert-OG
    • Ryan Clady-OT
    • Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie-CB
    • Rashard Mendenhall-RB
    • Dustin Keller-TE
    • Tyrell Johnson-S
    • Kentwan Balmer-DT
    • Other please explain.

The poll questions include only guys I think will have any chance of being available at Buffalo's pick per Kiper's mock. I also included only one player at each position and I'm not taking "value" into consideration very much. For the non-value choices assume Buffalo is able to trade back.

Kiper's First-Round Projection

No. Team Player School

1 Miami Dolphins Jake Long, OT Michigan

2 St. Louis Rams Chris Long, DE Virginia

3 Atlanta Falcons Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU

4 Oakland Raiders *Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas

5 Kansas City Chiefs *Branden Albert, OT/G Virginia

6 New York Jets *Vernon Gholston, DE Ohio St.

7 New England Patriots (from SF) *Aqib Talib, CB Kansas

8 Baltimore Ravens Matt Ryan, QB Boston College

9 Cincinnati Bengals Sedrick Ellis, DT USC

10 New Orleans Saints Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB Tennessee St.

11 Buffalo Bills *Derrick Harvey, DE Florida

I wouldn't mind Derrick Harvey. The only WR I think that is worth taking at #11 is Limas Sweed and if Buffalo could trade down to get him it would be even better.

The poll questions include only guys I think will have any chance of being available at Buffalo's pick per Kiper's mock. I also included only one player at each position and I'm not taking "value" into consideration very much. For the non-value choices assume Buffalo is able to trade back.

No. Team Player School

I wouldn't mind Derrick Harvey. The only WR I think that is worth taking at #11 is Limas Sweed and if Buffalo could trade down to get him it would be even better.

I think their going to take Kelly even though it's a bit high.

I would probably take Sweed, Kelly or Devin Thomas. I'm not sure which one I like better at this point, though I'm starting to lean towards the latter two.

Additionally, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie is already off the board one pick before the Bills. I'd consider selecting him ahead of the WRs if he were available.

BTW, here's the rest of Kiper's draft;

12 Denver Broncos Keith Rivers, LB USC

13 Carolina Panthers *Ryan Clady, OT Boise St.

14 Chicago Bears Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt

15 Detroit Lions *Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois

16 Arizona Cardinals Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy

17 Minnesota Vikings *Phillip Merling, DE Clemson

18 Houston Texans *Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon

19 Philadelphia Eagles Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida

21 Washington Redskins *Devin Thomas, WR Michigan St.

22 Dallas Cowboys (from CLE) *Felix Jones, RB Arkansas

23 Pittsburgh Steelers Kentwan Balmer, DT North Carolina

24 Tennessee Titans *DeSean Jackson, WR California

25 Seattle Seahawks Dustin Keller, TE Purdue

26 Jacksonville Jaguars Lawrence Jackson, DE USC

27 San Diego Chargers Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College

28 Dallas Cowboys *Justin King, CB Penn St.

29 San Francisco 49ers (from IND) *Jerod Mayo, LB Tennessee

30 Green Bay Packers *Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech

31 New England Patriots Forfeited pick

32 New York Giants Tyrell Johnson, S Arkansas St.

BTW, I'll never tire of seeing "Forfeited pick" next to the Pets* 31st pick. It will be there forever!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No. Team Player School

Why did you not include the guy that is the most probable of all to be drafted by the Bills? Malcom Kelly.

I would probably take Sweed, Kelly or Devin Thomas. I'm not sure which one I like better at this point, though I'm starting to lean towards the latter two.

Additionally, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie is already off the board one pick before the Bills. I'd consider selecting him ahead of the WRs if he were available.

I thought about guys who might fall to Buffalo. Branden Albert is also gone in Kiper's draft but I'm guessing.

I honestly have to believe that the pick here is going to be Brandon Flowers. Though I would prefer to see Harvey, we have too much money tied up in Kelsay to make this move. From what I've seen and heard Flowers is regaurded as the top Cover 2 cornerback in the draft. He seems to be like a reincarnation of Antoine Winfield because of his ability to play the run and efficient tackling.

I do realize that this pick will be considered a "reach" by the experts, but then again when is the Bills' pick not considered one. (Lynch was supposed to be a late first, McCargo a second rounder, Whitner a second rounder, Evans a late first) When I heard all of these picks announced I was legitimately disappointed that we did not trade down and then draft them. However, the logic of the Bills seems to be that if their guy is on the board they are going to take them. I have no problem with this strategy anymore because it has worked out well with all of the aformentioned players.

I also see the Bills trading up into the late first or early second to try and grab their WR such as Hardy or Kelly.

I've beaten it to death, so I won't rehash my opinion on why I want it to be harvey. I expect the bills to take a corner. Went with Rodgers Cromartie. I think he's the best man cover corner in this draft. We need a corner you can leave on an island, and not have to rely on over the top help in a zone all the time.

Why did you not include the guy that is the most probable of all to be drafted by the Bills? Malcom Kelly.

Kelly is an enigma until his pro-day. Right now is stock is relatively low due to injury concerns compared to Thomas and Sweed.

Personally I would prefer Hardy. Off-season issues aside, I love this guy. I have spent the entire season forced to watch Giant games and salivating over Plaxico Burress and believe a big, tall, receiver like that si exactly what the Bills need. I believe he will go much earlier than projected in this draft and would have no problem with Buffalo taking him at 13.

I honestly have to believe that the pick here is going to be Brandon Flowers. Though I would prefer to see Harvey, we have too much money tied up in Kelsay to make this move. From what I've seen and heard Flowers is regaurded as the top Cover 2 cornerback in the draft. He seems to be like a reincarnation of Antoine Winfield because of his ability to play the run and efficient tackling.

I do realize that this pick will be considered a "reach" by the experts, but then again when is the Bills' pick not considered one. (Lynch was supposed to be a late first, McCargo a second rounder, Whitner a second rounder, Evans a late first) When I heard all of these picks announced I was legitimately disappointed that we did not trade down and then draft them. However, the logic of the Bills seems to be that if their guy is on the board they are going to take them. I have no problem with this strategy anymore because it has worked out well with all of the aformentioned players.

I also see the Bills trading up into the late first or early second to try and grab their WR such as Hardy or Kelly.

If the Bills could have traded back I think they would have but I don't think they had any partners. Trading back is a one way street. A team doesn't call another team asking if they want to trade down they have to wait for someone to call them.

Brandon Flowers is too short for my hopes. I'd love to see them get one of the bigger corners.

If the Bills could have traded back I think they would have but I don't think they had any partners. Trading back is a one way street. A team doesn't call another team asking if they want to trade down they have to wait for someone to call them.

Brandon Flowers is too short for my hopes. I'd love to see them get one of the bigger corners.

I agree, someone who has a chance to hang with Randy Moss would be great. With the Bills in the draft though I set my expectations low, that way I am never disappointed. I still have nightmares about the Willis pick. After that draft I adapted this logic and it has worked well ever sense. I was completely fine with the Whitner pick when everyone else around me was freaking out.

Screw it then. Trade up and grab Ellis. If he's there @ 8 deal with Baltimore. If they do want Ryan he's likely to be there at 11 (barring other trades...)

I agree, someone who has a chance to hang with Randy Moss would be great. With the Bills in the draft though I set my expectations low, that way I am never disappointed. I still have nightmares about the Willis pick. After that draft I adapted this logic and it has worked well ever sense. I was completely fine with the Whitner pick when everyone else around me was freaking out.

That happened on Done-a-ho's watch.

Interesting fact. The words Done-a-ho don't trip Firefox's spelling check.

Gotta love The Onion

NFL Draft In Chaos As Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over

"This is much worse than the 1995 'bobble' of the Big Board that saw five players' names from the mid-first round come unpinned and flutter to Mel Kiper's floor," said Buffalo Bills general manager Marv Levy, who was woken by aides and told of the knock-over only minutes after it occurred. "We weren't sure whether we were supposed to draft Warren Sapp, Ruben Brown, Mark Fields, or Ellis Johnson. In the end, we had to guess, and Sapp went to Tampa Bay. I don't want this to happen again, to anyone."

:lol:

"I just got up from my seat at the table to get a cup of coffee, and I must have hit the Big Board with my shoulder," said Kiper, holding up a loose stack of cards bearing players' names, positions, and schools printed in his distinctive block letters. "Now, the entire draft has been jumbled all together and no one is sure what player should go when. We might have to wait until July for me to get everyone back where they belong."

:lol: