Chad Johnson's Breakdown on ESPN

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's on the phone so you don't know what he is doing. If you listen to the question posed to Johnson just before halfway through the video, Johnson burps lightly over the phone. Listen for it....he replies to the original question with a one word question (it was either change? or face?), then when the question is repeated, he burps.

The guy is probably at home, drinking.....ESPN calls him on his cellphone, the agent isn't there to say no comment, and Chad did a little drunken ditty. He said nothing that revealed bad character, other than poor judgement to do an interview on national tv after 2 Old English 40's. He said he's going to work hard like he always has, and if that means putting on a happy face in a losing situation, so be it. He had a point....why is Cincy now posturing like Johnson is bad news when he has been a choirboy off the field? "So I celebrate and do a little dance, big deal." I agree.

Is there anyone here that remembers the old interview on Empire Sports with Josh Reed? Howard Simon and probably Brinson have Reed on the phone at the exact same time 5-6PM or so, and Josh Reed was LIT UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE. He was babbling total nonsense and it sounded like a disaster. Here with Johnson, you can follow his story. Josh Reed went on about some crazy stuff....it was BAD.

After Reed hung up, one of the guys said "I hope for the sake of Josh Reed and the Buffalo Bills, that we have been had and that wasn't really Josh Reed on the phone."

Lori is a broadcast afficianado....I bet she remembers.

Chad sounded like a fool, Get this guy off the air and trade him to an NFC team please! Thanks for the link.

Why not trade him to a AFC east team? Clements or not, we've shut him down and beat the crap out of him every time he's played us.

If Chad is so unhappy about his situation in Cincy, he should offer to pay the cap hit the Bengals would take himself. I know their may be some league issues but that would should if he was serious. Doubt that would ever happen though.

He could return his bonus and that would allow him to be traded but that aint gonna happen!!

It sounds like at the end of the video he stopped paying attention.

I think he was playing a game of Madden or something. Had to be in overtime, cause he was REALLY distracted.

I think he's lit up. He also likes the sound of his own voice. "Is that it?" "Is that it?" Then the interviewer asks what else he want's to say and he says "I don't know." :lol:

That was amazing.. Although I think Chad has issues and loves attention, I think he is simply frustrated and misunderstood to some degree. His lack of maturity does not allow him to handle it properly; I can't lie though, I love listening to it.

Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson suffer from Eric Dickerson's disease. Just like Dickerson they believe they are being disrespected and they are such elite talent that they should be treated the way they want to be treated and are willing to make a spectacle of themselves and hurt their teams with their prima donna antics. In the end it just hurts career stats. Dickerson could have been a lot higher on the rushing list if he hadn't been such a douche. Same with T.O. and Chad is headed down that path.

I really don't think it's that bad. The central theme of all of Chad's rants and raves seems to be that Cincinnati is a bad team that hasn't done anything to make itself better. Like an unmarried woman in their mid 30's Chad realizes that his biological clock is ticking and that he only has so long to win a Super Bowl.

The desire he's expressing is not entirely different from what Brett Favre said last year after the Packers did not trade for Randy Moss.

Mr. Johnson, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Mr. Johnson, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine."

I really don't think it's that bad. The central theme of all of Chad's rants and raves seems to be that Cincinnati is a bad team that hasn't done anything to make itself better. Like an unmarried woman in their mid 30's Chad realizes that his biological clock is ticking and that he only has so long to win a Super Bowl.

The desire he's expressing is not entirely different from what Brett Favre said last year after the Packers did not trade for Randy Moss.

I agree fully. They got the guy on the phone at his home at dinner time as he's drinking some beers and grilling some steaks. He made rational sense to me. The guy is PO'd that word is coming out of camp that he is a problem and that his coach is disappointed. He goes on to say "What have I ever done off the field to cause a problem?" This coming on a team where 20 % of it's roster was arrested last year. He admits he has a colorful persona on the field, but that he's going to do what he always does and work hard, and catch balls, and try to go to Pro Bowl #6 in a row.

This is a situation where I would trade for the guy in a heartbeat. He doesn't feel appreciated and he has always worked hard and produced. I bet if he does get traded, he will have a great year.

I guess nobody heard Josh Reed's interview then. If the guys who are mocking Johnson heard Reed, their heads would have exploded on the spot.

This poor, aggrieved, noble one - who only wants to win - happily signed TWO contract extensions with the attendant big bucks... :lol:

His recent rant is because he and his agent Rosenhaus want even more $$$.

He has at least 4 kids via "baby mommas", and is being sued for fraud in KY.

You probably haven't see recent CIN games - the short-arming, the unsportsmanlike penalties thanks to his antics, the pulling up short, the turning the wrong way on routes, his disappearance from the EZ in the last half of '06, his "injury" in the Bflo game where he was wisked to the hospital but was back into practice the next day.

If you desire a player who needs his ass kissed to perform, you are welcome to him.

they just played a soundclip from a local(i think) show he was on today where he went on to say:

"I sell out games. I put people in the seats."

"Maybe I'll go play for Jon Bon Jovi and STILL make the same money."

what a jackass

(in that second quote, he's talking about going and playing in the arena league)

Mark Schlereth just had a good point about the Henry situation too, he said

"Wouldn't it be nice if the Bengals had a big-name, veteran WR who couldve taken Henry under his wing and shown him THIS is how you play football, THIS is how you act..."

too bad Chad has been too worried about Chad and not the TEAM to even mentor the young guys.

I agree fully. They got the guy on the phone at his home at dinner time as he's drinking some beers and grilling some steaks. He made rational sense to me. The guy is PO'd that word is coming out of camp that he is a problem and that his coach is disappointed. He goes on to say "What have I ever done off the field to cause a problem?" This coming on a team where 20 % of it's roster was arrested last year. He admits he has a colorful persona on the field, but that he's going to do what he always does and work hard, and catch balls, and try to go to Pro Bowl #6 in a row.

This is a situation where I would trade for the guy in a heartbeat. He doesn't feel appreciated and he has always worked hard and produced. I bet if he does get traded, he will have a great year.

I guess nobody heard Josh Reed's interview then. If the guys who are mocking Johnson heard Reed, their heads would have exploded on the spot.

Link?

since when did josh reed go on talk show after national talk show, for NO OTHER REASON than to try to make himself more money?

Chad said it today, its not about winning or losing for him. he wants the cash he THINKS he deserves.

dont compare anything that any Bill has done in the press to what Chad Johnson is doing right now.

Link?

I have no link....but someone here must have heard it. It was after Reed's first or second year, and he was on the phone with Empire Sports during the offseason....and he was LIT UP. He didn't sound drunk, he sounded stoned to the point he couldn't put a sentence together. Simon/Brinson were so shocked that they said on the air they hope that they were duped and that wasn't Josh Reed.

If anyone heard it, they should remember it. It was that bad.

I wouldn't want to play on the Bengals either. There's a 50/50 chance that when you show up at work one of your co-workers is going to try to murder you in one way or another. Prison guards are in a more relaxing atmosphere.

Which is a telling statistic when you consider the league average of 24.6%. On a positive note the Miami Dolphins managed a sparkling 6.25% to lead the league.

:devil:

i dont get what all the fuss is, he didnt say or do anything wrong, sure he is under contract and should live up to that, but contracts in pro sports are a two way street and the other side needs to man up as well. If my boss came to me and told me i couldnt talk bad about my company anymore, i would probably "laugh in her face". expressing displeasure only shows that you care...sure there better ways of going about it, but someone who cares enough to speak out is someone who wants to see things get better