ESPN: Bills plan to quicken pace, trust Edwards more

Lori

I believe that Fairchild scaled back the offense last year so Edwards wouldn't get ruined too early in his career. Now it's time for Edwards and this offense to go forward and become more aggressive. They can say whatever they want but I believe that Edwards is the clearcut starter and there will be no true open competition. To take it a step further, Losman's a goner if the compensation is anything close to being reasonable.

If they are looking to quicken the pace then it's even more apparent that our #2 WR will be a big body and they will occassionly go deep to Evans. Reed should figure into the gameplan more than ever. I don't think that we need a pure pass catching TE but I expect to at least see us aquire a TE with better pass catching abilities than what we currently have. Someone like John Carlson or Jacob Tamme would fill the bill.

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

I believe that Fairchild scaled back the offense last year so Edwards wouldn't get ruined too early in his career. Now it's time for Edwards and this offense to go forward and become more aggressive. They can say whatever they want but I believe that Edwards is the clearcut starter and there will be no true open competition. To take it a step further, Losman's a goner if the compensation is anything close to being reasonable.

If they are looking to quicken the pace then it's even more apparent that our #2 WR will be a big body and they will occassionly go deep to Evans. Reed should figure into the gameplan more than ever. I don't think that we need a pure pass catching TE but I expect to at least see us aquire a TE with better pass catching abilities than what we currently have. Someone like John Carlson or Jacob Tamme would fill the bill.

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

I doubt that, the offence was the same no matter who was the QB, and they have already named Edwards the clearcut starter