You thought RW was cheap!

nemhoff

Heard on the radio this morning that the Florida Marlins take in 30 million in revenue sharing and another 30 in tv deals. That is 60 million before any ticket, concessions, whatever else they make throughout the year. Their payroll? They spend an unbelievably cheap 21 million on players (how many Yankees singlehandedly make more?). Makes RW look like a big spender in NFL terms.

Just because one guy is an even cheaper bastard, doesn't mean Ralph isn't.

Ralph is far from cheap... he just sucks at making football personell decisions. He let Polian go and that was his best move, all because Polian called his a daughter a B word, and from what I understand from people in the know... she is.

And what's sad is that they've won two World Series in less than 20 years doing that. They scout and draft well, trade thier marginal players for good prospects, get good all at once, sell off everyone who gets expensive and start the process over again. They almost had a payroll of sub 10 million last year.

Love it or hate it it works. I think Pirate fans would trade places in a minute. They are alomst the opposite. They have overpriced mediocre veterans who they can't unload for anyone and draft horribly.

And what's sad is that they've won two World Series in less than 20 years doing that. They scout and draft well, trade thier marginal players for good prospects, get good all at once, sell off everyone who gets expensive and start the process over again. They almost had a payroll of sub 10 million last year.

Love it or hate it it works. I think Pirate fans would trade places in a minute. They are alomst the opposite. They have overpriced mediocre veterans who they can't unload for anyone and draft horribly.

Yes the pirates can't seem to get it right. We do have some promising young pitching though. No offense, but decent pitching.

Heard on the radio this morning that the Florida Marlins take in 30 million in revenue sharing and another 30 in tv deals. That is 60 million before any ticket, concessions, whatever else they make throughout the year. Their payroll? They spend an unbelievably cheap 21 million on players (how many Yankees singlehandedly make more?). Makes RW look like a big spender in NFL terms.

The difference is Wayne Huzienga owns the stadium so the Marlins don't see any revenue from tickets or concessions, thats why getting a new stadium was such a big deal down here. Huzienga is a total A$$. Just look at his football team.

I hope that new stadium comes with gun turrets. The Orange Bowl is not exactly in the safest part of Miami. But then again , what part of Miami IS safe?

PTR

I was reading about that area, someone had wrote about going to Wrestlemania at the orangebowl this weekend and they said the stadium is in such a bad area of Miami and were being warned by Cab Drivers to not leave the Stadium area before or after

He let Polian go and that was his best move, all because Polian called his a daughter a B word, and from what I understand from people in the know... she is.

Try saying that to your bosses' daughter and tell us how things work out...

I was reading about that area, someone had wrote about going to Wrestlemania at the orangebowl this weekend and they said the stadium is in such a bad area of Miami and were being warned by Cab Drivers to not leave the Stadium area before or after

Wrestlemania was at the citrus bowl which I dont think is in Miami..