About Four' Suspects in 2001 Anthrax Attacks

It's about time. How long can it take to identify a particular strain of Anthrax and where it came from and who had access to it? Six and half years??!! Anthrax is made so individually it's easy to determine the parent strain and only a few people have the ability and tools to create Anthrax so running it down shouldn't be a six and a half year task. :thumbsup:

"Fort Detrick is run by the United States Army. It's the most secure biological warfare research center in the United States," a bioterrorism expert told FOX News.

Asked to comment on the likelihood that the anthrax originated at the facility, the expert said:

"It's not suprising, except that it would underscore that there was serious security deficiencies that existed at one time at Fort Detrick — the ability of researchers to smuggle out some type of very sophisticated anthrax weapon and in some quantity. And, nevertheless, it was possible."

:) I'd hate to see the least secure facility!!

:thumbsup: I'd hate to see the least secure facility!!

Ask them and they'll tell you that Lyme disease wasn't a nerve agent experiment that migrated off of Plum Island which is located off the coast of.... Lyme, Connecticut.

Nope. Absolutely not. It's a secure facility!

Ask them and they'll tell you that Lyme disease wasn't a nerve agent experiment that migrated off of Plum Island which is located off the coast of.... Lyme, Connecticut.

Nope. Absolutely not. It's a secure facility!

Professor Plum? His Island? Does he own a large candle stick?

This could solve a shiit load of problems.

It's about time. How long can it take to identify a particular strain of Anthrax and where it came from and who had access to it? Six and half years??!! Anthrax is made so individually it's easy to determine the parent strain and only a few people have the ability and tools to create Anthrax so running it down shouldn't be a six and a half year task. :thumbsup:

"Fort Detrick is run by the United States Army. It's the most secure biological warfare research center in the United States," a bioterrorism expert told FOX News.

Asked to comment on the likelihood that the anthrax originated at the facility, the expert said:

"It's not suprising, except that it would underscore that there was serious security deficiencies that existed at one time at Fort Detrick — the ability of researchers to smuggle out some type of very sophisticated anthrax weapon and in some quantity. And, nevertheless, it was possible."

:) I'd hate to see the least secure facility!!

They identified the strain very early on. A 1969 Ames, I believe. Very good year. And while creating a strain of anthrax suitable for weaponization is a very specialized process that very few people have the ability to do, actually culturing and weaponizing it is frighteningly easy. It requires about five grand worth of equipment and a college-level microbio lab experience (if that - a professional painter who brews his own beer has most of the necessary skills). And the seed stock, which is the hard part.

My feeling is that the FBI "knows" who did it...but they can't get enough evidence to get a conviction, so why even indict? It's not like there's a clock on the investigation - no statute of limitations as far as I know. Don't see how they'll ever get the evidence they'd need though, not this late.