Really good article

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/21672.html

Its becoming very hard to renew season tickets with an offense this boring. Fix it!

The writer obviously doesn't understand that the defense was tired because the O couldn't sustain drives. :unsure:

Half the problem is gone, Steve "no audible" Fairchild. But I am sure Dick "play not to lose" Jauron will have Turk on a short leash.

The writer obviously doesn't understand that the defense was tired because the O couldn't sustain drives. :unsure:

Half the problem is gone, Steve "no audible" Fairchild. But I am sure Dick "play not to lose" Jauron will have Turk on a short leash.

I think that the writer of this particular article understands that the offense is the defense's problem. Now most of the active posters on this board are the ones that need to be reminded that the defense was tired because the offense couldn't sustain drives. Greer seems to be the odd man out at the stadium wall. The James signing meant absolutely nothing to most. And despite all the initial clamour with the signing of Stroud, Mitchell, and Johnson most seem to think that adding a defensive player in rd 1 will generate more wins. That is crazy talk. But its everywhere. I haven't even forgotten that POZ, KO, KELSEY, and DENNEY misses significant time. Seriously, how much could adding any defensive rookie help in the win loss category this year? I can honostly say that a 6-4 to 6-6 wr would instantly improve our third down and red zone offense. So much that I believe that the Bills would win the 2-3 more games that it takes to make the playoffs. Good luck finding one in rd 2 or 3 cause just as big a need is TE and I hope that the Bills brass doesn't forget how bad Royal is. Much like most fans seem to forget how good Greer and McGee are. Oh yeah, we signed some James guy too... I heard he is pretty good. Of course some will say he's not. Just like Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney suck, or whatever other slang word for not Bruce Smith.

Nice read. I agree that Greer and McGee played well last year. I also agree that our pass rush was nonexistent. I also agree that we need to sustain longer drives on the offensive side of the ball to help the defense. What I don't agree with is the talk that we SHOULDN'T take a corner in round 1. I've been saying it over and over that we need to take the BEST PLAYER in round 1 whether it is a corner, wideout or defensive end. I think it's silly to say "no, I'm not taking a corner with my 1st pick because we need a wide receiver." We need to build a better team, and to do that you need better players. The top of the 1st round is where the best players should be taken.