Ko Simpson, i still want him to start

Do you think that Ko can still start at Free Safety and Donte will stay at Strong Safety but on certain packages and certain situations Donte will go to Free Safety and maybe George Wilson will go to Strong and kind of have a rotation because George and Ko are good but i mean Ko could have had a really good year after he had a really strong rookie campaign!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Fewell last year actually used a lot of 3 safety sets in pass defense. The problem being that the safeties we had out there Jim Leonard, George Wilson were ill equipped. There were times towards the end of the season where they used Scott up in run defense, and Whitner, and another safety in coverage. I think we'll be better off this year, when the safeties back in coverage are Whitner and Simpson, and not Leonard, or Wilson. The talk about letting Donte play more free safety, is hyperbole. Simpson should still see plenty of time. Barely any defense, strictly plays base defenses anymore.

Do you think that Ko can still start at Free Safety and Donte will stay at Strong Safety but on certain packages and certain situations Donte will go to Free Safety and maybe George Wilson will go to Strong and kind of have a rotation because George and Ko are good but i mean Ko could have had a really good year after he had a really strong rookie campaign!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Keys will be, first and foremost, KO's recovery from the broken ankle, and second, will he take the next step mentally.

I never saw a lot of the alleged deficiencies a lot of other people saw with Ko. Same as with everyone else in the secondary - lack of play in front of him certainly didn't make his job easier. The biggest thing that always comes into my head when I think of him is how sure of a tackler he was when he got his hands on someone - he grabbed them and didn't let go until he rode them to the ground - a lost art it seems with a lot of safeties these days.

I never saw a lot of the alleged deficiencies a lot of other people saw with Ko. Same as with everyone else in the secondary - lack of play in front of him certainly didn't make his job easier. The biggest thing that always comes into my head when I think of him is how sure of a tackler he was when he got his hands on someone - he grabbed them and didn't let go until he rode them to the ground - a lost art it seems with a lot of safeties these days.

True enough, but I did see Ko get dragged more than I would like too.

Keys will be, first and foremost, KO's recovery from the broken ankle, and second, will he take the next step mentally.

Ditto, that. Unlike some others here, I liked what I saw from KO his first year. If his leg is strong, and he continues to grow from his rookie year, he will be a solid FS, IMO.