I think we still could use more depth at LB...

ans4e64

I still think we could use another back-up at LB, since Stamer and Wire are gone and it doesn't seem like Haggan will be returning. I believe on the outside, we only have Crowell, Mitchell, and Ellison. There are a lot of quality LB'ers still left in free agency which wouldn't require us to spend a draft pick to add depth. Here are some people to think about and fight over whether or not we think they will be a good fit :beer:

Victor Hobson

Warrick Holdman

Lemar Marshall

Caleb Miller

Takeo Spikes

Rob Morris

Donnie Spragan

Roosevelt Colvin

Kendrell Bell

Ian Gold

My personal favorites would be Rob Morris and Victor Hobson, because, if need be, they can step in and play both in the middle or outside. Roosevelt I could see coming in to be a situational pass rusher, and Gold... I don't know why no one has jumped on him yet. I don't know if he's had injuries, but a few years ago he was one of the young stud LB'ers in the league. Spragan could add to special teams.

I know a few of these players have stopped off in Cincinnati, so maybe stuckincincy could enlighten us about them.

I still think we could use another back-up at LB, since Stamer and Wire are gone and it doesn't seem like Haggan will be returning. I believe on the outside, we only have Crowell, Mitchell, and Ellison. There are a lot of quality LB'ers still left in free agency which wouldn't require us to spend a draft pick to add depth. Here are some people to think about and fight over whether or not we think they will be a good fit :beer:

Victor Hobson

Warrick Holdman

Lemar Marshall

Caleb Miller

Takeo Spikes

Rob Morris

Donnie Spragan

Roosevelt Colvin

Kendrell Bell

Ian Gold

My personal favorites would be Rob Morris and Victor Hobson, because, if need be, they can step in and play both in the middle or outside. Roosevelt I could see coming in to be a situational pass rusher, and Gold... I don't know why no one has jumped on him yet. I don't know if he's had injuries, but a few years ago he was one of the young stud LB'ers in the league. Spragan could add to special teams.

I know a few of these players have stopped off in Cincinnati, so maybe stuckincincy could enlighten us about them.

If I had to pick one it would be Morris, as he has been in a cover-2 and he's too far along to start anymore but might be good depth.

But...would he play on special teams? If not, should we be picking up a LB that is not going to play on Special Teams?

So far we have starters of Poz, Mitchell and Crowell. Safe to say these guys are not going to play on special teams.

Then we have depth of DiGiogio and Ellison for sure. These guys are perfect because they've both played a lot now and could fill in as needed and will both play on Special Teams. It seems the 6th LB should be in this same mold - a guy who's played a bit but is young and will play on special teams. Not sure who that is, but I don't know if it's any of the aging veterans in your list

If I had to pick one it would be Morris, as he has been in a cover-2 and he's too far along to start anymore but might be good depth.

But...would he play on special teams? If not, should we be picking up a LB that is not going to play on Special Teams?

So far we have starters of Poz, Mitchell and Crowell. Safe to say these guys are not going to play on special teams.

Then we have depth of DiGiogio and Ellison for sure. These guys are perfect because they've both played a lot now and could fill in as needed and will both play on Special Teams. It seems the 6th LB should be in this same mold - a guy who's played a bit but is young and will play on special teams. Not sure who that is, but I don't know if it's any of the aging veterans in your list

I disagree. Ellison and DiGiorgio will play on ST, and also would someone like Morris if he were added. I'd like to have 4 quality LB'ers who could start. Someone that if there were an injury, he could come in and we would not miss a beat. I don't feel Ellison is that guy, even though many around here do. I like DiGiorgio. I think the versatility of someone like Rob Morris would really benefit all 3 LB positions on defense, as well as our ST unit.

I think either Spragan or Gold would be great pick ups and both add depth plus veteran experience and leadership and if Gold could swallow his pride and play Special teams that would be great as he is a very good player

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

I still think we could use another back-up at LB, since Stamer and Wire are gone and it doesn't seem like Haggan will be returning. I believe on the outside, we only have Crowell, Mitchell, and Ellison. There are a lot of quality LB'ers still left in free agency which wouldn't require us to spend a draft pick to add depth. Here are some people to think about and fight over whether or not we think they will be a good fit :thumbsup:

Victor Hobson

Warrick Holdman

Lemar Marshall

Caleb Miller

Takeo Spikes

Rob Morris

Donnie Spragan

Roosevelt Colvin

Kendrell Bell

Ian Gold

It's good starters the Bills need. Don't know about Poz yet, Crowell is really average and Mitchell has yet to play a down for the Bills. This group has a lot to prove this year.

This is a position that the Bills should consider in FA and/or in the draft.... because if you look at next year's free agents, Crowell is a UFA, and Digiorgio and Ellison are RFAs...

It's less likely that they could lose an RFA(and they would get a draft pick), but in this day and age in the NFL, you never know... and you still lose that depth.... and retaining Crowell could be a problem, especially if we decide to give Lee Evans the contract he wants. He'd be a big loss....

The point is LB is a bigger need than people think this offseason, if you consider next year's free agents...

I still think we could use another back-up at LB, since Stamer and Wire are gone and it doesn't seem like Haggan will be returning. I believe on the outside, we only have Crowell, Mitchell, and Ellison. There are a lot of quality LB'ers still left in free agency which wouldn't require us to spend a draft pick to add depth. Here are some people to think about and fight over whether or not we think they will be a good fit :unsure:

Victor Hobson

Warrick Holdman

Lemar Marshall

Caleb Miller

Takeo Spikes

Rob Morris

Donnie Spragan

Roosevelt Colvin

Kendrell Bell

Ian Gold

Caleb Miller was the B'gals 3rd rounder in '04. He's a good LB, and a "playmaker" - when healthy. He went on IR early last season, and also was hobbled in '05. AFAIK, he hasn't been offered a contract for the upcoming season.

Numbers:

http://www.nfl.com/players/calebmiller/profile?id=MIL154181

Lemar Mitchell was acquired late August. He looked decent - a canny vet. But in game four, he was injured - achilles tendon tear IIRC.