an idea for the sabres!

IMO, there has to be something wrong with Miller....He used to be one of the most sound position goalies I have seen in a while....now I constantly see him flying around the crease, sometimes out of position...also the league has solved his flopping style...anytime a guy has time, 80% of the time they are putting it under the cross bar on him....he is going down WAY too soon and teams have caught on...he needs to adjust his style or bad things are on the horizon...again this is just my opinion...i think Ryan Miller is a great guy and I would have a sandwich with him any day of the week, but he has been painfully oridinary for a good portion of this year

I think part of his problem is that he's mentally and physically fatigued. If they had a decent backup who they could put in for 15-20 games with confidence, and a couple games in the past month, he would be fresher. Look at how many games have gone to OT and SO. I'm suprised how bad TBo has been when he's played. Miller is making mental mistakes, not playing the angles properly. Like the first goal last night, that is a shot most goalies should stop; shooter forced wide and shooting from above the faceoff dot. It's discouraging to defensemen when they play it right and the goalie doesn't make that save. But I think his play is an effect of how the team has played, not the root cause of the problem. The main problem was expecting the 2nd and 3rd line players to play like 1st and 2nd line players before they were ready, and the lack of leadership that Drury provided on and off the ice. And having Campbell and Spacek out of the lineup was the beginning of the recent slide.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think part of his problem is that he's mentally and physically fatigued. If they had a decent backup who they could put in for 15-20 games with confidence, and a couple games in the past month, he would be fresher. Look at how many games have gone to OT and SO. I'm suprised how bad TBo has been when he's played. Miller is making mental mistakes, not playing the angles properly. Like the first goal last night, that is a shot most goalies should stop; shooter forced wide and shooting from above the faceoff dot. It's discouraging to defensemen when they play it right and the goalie doesn't make that save. But I think his play is an effect of how the team has played, not the root cause of the problem. The main problem was expecting the 2nd and 3rd line players to play like 1st and 2nd line players before they were ready, and the lack of leadership that Drury provided on and off the ice. And having Campbell and Spacek out of the lineup was the beginning of the recent slide.

Good points, especially the bolded parts.

ill chime in with the same thing ive been saying about miller for 3 seasons now.

he will let in at LEAST 3 goals a game. the only reason we made it as far as we did the past couple of seasons is because our offense was scoring 7 goals a game.

i love ryan miller. he's the heart of the team. he has no defense in front of him. BUT he has this thing about letting in 3 (garbage) goals all the time.

ill chime in with the same thing ive been saying about miller for 3 seasons now.

he will let in at LEAST 3 goals a game. the only reason we made it as far as we did the past couple of seasons is because our offense was scoring 7 goals a game.

i love ryan miller. he's the heart of the team. he has no defense in front of him. BUT he has this thing about letting in 3 (garbage) goals all the time.

Funny you say that....I have a friend who calls him "Four to win"

3's a bit high. He is guaranteed atleast 1 goal a game. although this year he does have more shutouts then he has in the past. He lets in atleast 1-2 a game, although now I would say 3 with the current defencemen.

3's a bit high. He is guaranteed atleast 1 goal a game. although this year he does have more shutouts then he has in the past. He lets in atleast 1-2 a game, although now I would say 3 with the current defencemen.

i obviously am not saying that "as a fact" but as an example. but seriously, every game it counts, 3 goals. we were up in the 3rd last night. then what?