From Pro Football Weekly Whispers

JoeF

I remember when they drafted him. They took a big chance drafting him where they did.

Hes big and fast for his size. He just hasnt lived up to their expectations (since he was drafed so high).

As always, it all depends on how much we pay him. If he takes a very low deal, then im ok with it. If he wants a large contract, then hes not worth it.

its really up to him.

Jones is a great athlete. Probably the equivalent of Bryant Johnson. Underachievers.

He would be worth it for us under the right contract. Low base high incentive.

There isn't a better WR prospect on the globe for this team than Matt Jones. First, he won't cost a lot of money, second he is very tall and can catch the 3 yard pass and third - by obtaining a player like Jones, Jauron can rest easier knowing he doesn't have to take unnecessary risks having players on his offense that are expected or want to make the big plays. Matt is another player that can support the "let's play it safe fellas" approach.

Matt Jones plays WR the way you imagine a pampered star QB would play WR. He hates the contact, sulks when he doesn't start or play enough, and frankly, is simply a lousy WR.

Sam Aiken is a better WR than Matt Jones.

Matt Jones plays WR the way you imagine a pampered star QB would play WR. He hates the contact, sulks when he doesn't start or play enough, and frankly, is simply a lousy WR.

Sam Aiken is a better WR than Matt Jones.

After putting up with the guy for four years on my favorite college team, I was willing to believe that maybe he was just miscast at QB and that a switch to WR would work wonders for him. All those questions about attitude and his love of the game, maybe those were misplaced as well.

There comes a time when you have to realize that the guy just can't play, whether its because of a lack of ability or a lack of want-to. I don't know what the problem is with Matt Jones and maybe it really is coaching. All I know is that he never developed as a QB at Arkansas, for whatever reason, and now I see him failing in the NFL as well.

There comes a point where you say 'enough is enough'. I've seen enough. Maybe it really isn't his fault, but after seeing him underachieve for 7 years now, I'm convinced he'll never 'get it' where ever you put him on the field.

After putting up with the guy for four years on my favorite college team, I was willing to believe that maybe he was just miscast at QB and that a switch to WR would work wonders for him. All those questions about attitude and his love of the game, maybe those were misplaced as well.

There comes a time when you have to realize that the guy just can't play, whether its because of a lack of ability or a lack of want-to. I don't know what the problem is with Matt Jones and maybe it really is coaching. All I know is that he never developed as a QB at Arkansas, for whatever reason, and now I see him failing in the NFL as well.

There comes a point where you say 'enough is enough'. I've seen enough. Maybe it really isn't his fault, but after seeing him underachieve for 7 years now, I'm convinced he'll never 'get it' where ever you put him on the field.

Good insights from both you and the Dean. The measurables are so tempting but it sounds like there isn't a lot of heart and effort to back them up.