New Mock Draft considering the recent signing of James

1.Devin Thomas WR Michigan State(i just think we wont risk losing him by trading down and taking him here)

2.Dustin Keller TE Purdue(only 6'2 but athletic and we got the big boys with Teyo Johnson and Courtney Anderson)

3.Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina(really want to see him in a Bills jersey, he is a playmaker)

4.Antwaun Molden CB (just has to work on technique and making more plays but is an athletic freak and a workaholic which is what the Bills like in a player)

5.Thomas DeCoud FS Cal (a good tackler as he accumulated 116 tackles last year)

6.Keilen Dykes(underrated,fantastic year last year,and good size,sounds like a good pick to me)

7.Fernando Velasco(said to be very powerful and a good run blocker, could compete with Fowler or at least add depth)

7.Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas(he probably wont be available but i wish he would)so i pick Jehuu Caulcrick FB Michigan State(think he shows potential and i have had him here for most of my mock drafts)

p.s. i would rather take Brad Cottam in the 3rd and draft Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech in the 2nd

but i would be very excited and pleased with this draft

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

1.James Hardy WR Indiana(i just think we wont risk losing him by trading down and taking him here, perfect #2 6-6 basketball star with most upside)

2.Dustin Keller TE Purdue(only 6'2 but athletic and we got the big boys with Robert Royal, Teyo Johnson and Courtney Anderson)

3.Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina(really want to see him in a Bills jersey, he is a playmaker)

4.Owen Schmitt FB WVU (just has to work on technique and making more plays but is classic mauler and a workaholic which is what the Bills like in a player)

6.Keilen Dykes(underrated,fantastic year last year,and good size,sounds like a good pick to me)

7.Fernando Velasco(said to be very powerful and a good run blocker, could compete with Fowler or at least add depth)

7.Best QB available

p.s. i would rather take Mario Manningham or Early Doucet in the 2nd, then select whoever falls out of Martellus Bennett, Dustin Keller, or Fred Davis in the 3rd

Edwards for Pro Bowl 2008!

:) thats what I think

But I like what you think

so are you just mocking me or what is the deal no one ever takes anything seriously on this board, i dont know why i bother

no i'm serious. I like your draft but this one from my perspective. But i'm sure that will change in about 5 min cause I like so many different prospects.... Keep posting! it was just easier to quote and change then to type cause I like most of your ideas

Trade down with Dallas and gain their 22 and 28

1a. Devin Thomas WR

1b. Fred Davis TE

2. Brandon Flowers CB

3. Mike Pollack C

4. Owen Schmidt FB

5. Jordy Nelson WR

6. D-Line (not sure who)

7a. Matt Spanos C/G

7b. O-Line

I think that takes care of most of our needs. We need a lot of depth at WR and O-Line, and I think that this takes care of our needs and addresses most of our "want" positions.

Trade down with Dallas and gain their 22 and 28

1a. Devin Thomas WR

1b. Fred Davis TE

2. Brandon Flowers CB

3. Mike Pollack C

4. Owen Schmidt FB

5. Jordy Nelson WR

6. D-Line (not sure who)

7a. Matt Spanos C/G

7b. O-Line

I think that takes care of most of our needs. We need a lot of depth at WR and O-Line, and I think that this takes care of our needs and addresses most of our "want" positions.

Nelson will be gone but by far the best mock i've seen on here.

I don't know if Pollack is any better than Fowler but he might be a bit better

1.Devin Thomas WR Michigan State(i just think we wont risk losing him by trading down and taking him here)

2.Dustin Keller TE Purdue(only 6'2 but athletic and we got the big boys with Teyo Johnson and Courtney Anderson)

4.Antwaun Molden CB (just has to work on technique and making more plays but is an athletic freak and a workaholic which is what the Bills like in a player)

7.Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas(he probably wont be available but i wish he would)so i pick Jehuu Caulcrick FB Michigan State(think he shows potential and i have had him here for most of my mock drafts)

p.s. i would rather take Brad Cottam in the 3rd and draft Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech in the 2nd

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

I like this draft as well. Getting 2 WRs makes us far more likely to produce in this pass-happy world of the NFL and getting a solid TE will do far more to increase the productivity of our pass D than wasting an early pick on a CB.

We do need to increase our CB depth but a second day pick does this quite well. Picking a CB would be useful for us with our D scheme because the CB plays the useful role of containing outside rushes and doing press coverage in the short zone. However, the thought that some seem to have that we need to get a 1st round CB capable of covering WRs all over the field really demonstrates difficulty in understanding how our D works.

Further the idea that because of Moss/Welker et al. forces us to get a rookie CB who actually would be burned badly by these vets for a couple of years really shows a misguided sense of football.

This is the Mock Draft that I would like to see and I try to base it off of all of the talk that I've heard of the Bills plans:

1st round (pick #11) we trade to Seattle, who still have their eyes fixed on possibly snagging Rashard Mendenhall even though they went out and got Julius Jones and T.J. Duckett. Mendenhall has the potential to be an monster in this league for a long time with his size and speed to go with it. Holmgren is contemplating it all right now. In return we get their 1st which is #25 and their 3rd which is #86. With all of that, here go our picks,

1st round - Devin Thomas / WR / Michigan St. The guy has all the attributes of a solid posession WR with better speed. Think of a faster version of T.J. "Who'syamama" :)

2nd Round - Antione Cason / CB / Arizona There's just alot of talk right now about other CB's other than him. This could end up going very well for us. He's a good fit for our scheme and we need another good CB.

3rd Round from Baltimore - John Carlson / TE / Notre Dame I've already pleaded my cause for this guy in another thread. He can be a top tier TE in the NFL with his smarts, hands, and blocking ability.

3rd Round from Seattle - Jordy Nelson / WR / Kansas St. After this pick our WR corp goes from one of the worst in the league to one of the best up and coming groups you will EVER see.

4th Round - Owen Schmidt / FB / West Virginia This guy is an IMMEDIATE starter for our team. He's one of the strongest guys, not only at his position, but in college football altogether. He will be a great FB in the NFL and will be opening alot of massive holes for our franchise RB Lynch and sidekick Jackson.

5th Round - Steve Justice / C / Wake Forest Some mocks have him going earlier, but I think he'll be there. Will take some time to develope, but has good potential.

6th Round - Robert Felton / G / Arkansas Some depth for the OL

7th Round - Ben Moffit / MLB / South Florida Good tackler and probably a solid ST player. Also more depth at LB.

7th Round - Chester Adams / OT / Georgia More OL competition and bringing in of younger players. The guy definitely has the size at 6'6" 335lbs. , but his agility, ability to learn blocking schemes, reactions to stunts and blitzes are what make this guy available here. He was solid at Georgia and could make it as a pro, but time will tell.

This is the Mock Draft that I would like to see and I try to base it off of all of the talk that I've heard of the Bills plans:

1st round (pick #11) we trade to Seattle, who still have their eyes fixed on possibly snagging Rashard Mendenhall even though they went out and got Julius Jones and T.J. Duckett. Mendenhall has the potential to be an monster in this league for a long time with his size and speed to go with it. Holmgren is contemplating it all right now. In return we get their 1st which is #25 and their 3rd which is #86. With all of that, here go our picks,

1st round - Devin Thomas / WR / Michigan St. The guy has all the attributes of a solid posession WR with better speed. Think of a faster version of T.J. "Who'syamama" :wallbash:

2nd Round - Antione Cason / CB / Arizona There's just alot of talk right now about other CB's other than him. This could end up going very well for us. He's a good fit for our scheme and we need another good CB.

3rd Round from Baltimore - John Carlson / TE / Notre Dame I've already pleaded my cause for this guy in another thread. He can be a top tier TE in the NFL with his smarts, hands, and blocking ability.

3rd Round from Seattle - Jordy Nelson / WR / Kansas St. After this pick our WR corp goes from one of the worst in the league to one of the best up and coming groups you will EVER see.

4th Round - Owen Schmidt / FB / West Virginia This guy is an IMMEDIATE starter for our team. He's one of the strongest guys, not only at his position, but in college football altogether. He will be a great FB in the NFL and will be opening alot of massive holes for our franchise RB Lynch and sidekick Jackson.

5th Round - Steve Justice / C / Wake Forest Some mocks have him going earlier, but I think he'll be there. Will take some time to develope, but has good potential.

6th Round - Robert Felton / G / Arkansas Some depth for the OL

7th Round - Ben Moffit / MLB / South Florida Good tackler and probably a solid ST player. Also more depth at LB.

7th Round - Chester Adams / OT / Georgia More OL competition and bringing in of younger players. The guy definitely has the size at 6'6" 335lbs. , but his agility, ability to learn blocking schemes, reactions to stunts and blitzes are what make this guy available here. He was solid at Georgia and could make it as a pro, but time will tell.

That's a real solid mock draft. Personally, I'd rather see what other TEs are available with that pick, but that's just me. Also, if we traded down with the 'Hawks, based on the trade value chart, we'd get their second and third. So I think the problem there is that's too much for the 'Hawks to give up for a RB, and if the Bills just accepted a third from them, that would be too little. If the 'Hawks packaged their first and third this year, plus second next year I'd definitely listen.

Also, if Mendenhall is still there at 11, he'll probably still be there at 14. The Broncos and Panthers probably won't go RB. So the team they really have to worry about is Detroit at 15. And if they could hold out until 14, it'd only cost them a first and second.

I don't mean to crap on the mock, I really like it. I just like to throw scenarios out there. Good stuff :)

That's a real solid mock draft. Personally, I'd rather see what other TEs are available with that pick, but that's just me. Also, if we traded down with the 'Hawks, based on the trade value chart, we'd get their second and third. So I think the problem there is that's too much for the 'Hawks to give up for a RB, and if the Bills just accepted a third from them, that would be too little. If the 'Hawks packaged their first and third this year, plus second next year I'd definitely listen.

Also, if Mendenhall is still there at 11, he'll probably still be there at 14. The Broncos and Panthers probably won't go RB. So the team they really have to worry about is Detroit at 15. And if they could hold out until 14, it'd only cost them a first and second.

I don't mean to crap on the mock, I really like it. I just like to throw scenarios out there. Good stuff :thumbsup:

It's cool man. I don't really know much about the draft value chart and all of that. I'd like to see this stuff happen maybe, but I'll be happy if we don't trade the pick and take Kelly or Sweed too. I just hope we get Schmidt and a starting TE out of this draft, along with a #2 WR to put opposite of Lee Evans. If we do these things, I will consider our offseason one of the greatest the Bills have seen in a really long time.

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Why are you and other Bills fans here so high on Devin Thomas who's a one hit wonder former JUCO player? Nothing against the Devin, but Limas Sweed has been a stellar performer for four years at the highest level in college. The only reason Thomas' stock has risen is because he had at great 40 time. Is this the reason why he is all of a sudden a better player than Sweed in your eyes? The Bills should be going by what the player has done in his college career and not on 40 times. Sweed is the much better prospect and should be considered much heavily over a guy like Thomas who's a johnny come lately who only did well in one year. We don't want the Bills to pull a "Mamula" like the Eagles.

1- DE - Derrick Harvey

2- WR - Jordy Nelson

3- TE - John Carlson

4- CB - Antwaun Molden

5- DT - Keilen Dykes

6- C/OG - Kory Lichtensteiger

7a- OG/OT - Chad Rinehart

7b- WR - Marcus Monk

First-Round WR Bust Rate: 64%

Tyler Dunne, of the Buffalo Football Report http://buf.scout.com/2/739162.html, puts the wide receivers bust rate among first-rounders at 64%:

"Of the 22 wide receivers drafted in the top 15 from 1997 to 2006, 14 can

legitimately be labeled busts. Whether you’re a fan of their particular

teams or a diehard fantasy football player, it’s a nightmarish list. Hold on

tight…Troy Williamson (2005, seventh overall), Mike Williams (2005, 10th), Reggie

Williams (2004, ninth), Michael Clayton (2004, 15th), Charles Rogers (2003, second), David Terrell (2001, eighth), KorenRobinson (2001, ninth), Rod Gardner (2001, 15th), Peter Warrick (2000, fourth), Travis Taylor (2000, 10th), David Boston (1999, eighth), Troy Edwards (1999, 13th), IkeHilliard (1997, seventh) and Yatil Green (1997, 15th). A 64 percent bust rate."

If only one out of 3 prospects fail at WR, what are our chances with Kelly, who has an injury history; with Hardy, who has character issues; with Thomas, who wasn't a first round pick until recently; with Sweed, who isn't real quick or explosive and may not separate from CB's; with Manningham, who isn't 6'0"...Are we good enough with McGee-Greer-Youboty-James to NOT consider CB at pick #1?

Why are you and other Bills fans here so high on Devin Thomas who's a one hit wonder former JUCO player? Nothing against the Devin, but Limas Sweed has been a stellar performer for four years at the highest level in college. The only reason Thomas' stock has risen is because he had at great 40 time. Is this the reason why he is all of a sudden a better player than Sweed in your eyes? The Bills should be going by what the player has done in his college career and not on 40 times. Sweed is the much better prospect and should be considered much heavily over a guy like Thomas who's a johnny come lately who only did well in one year. We don't want the Bills to pull a "Mamula" like the Eagles.

These are the numbers he put up last year as a Junior. 2007................ 12 games played, 75 catches, 1,226 yards, 8 TD's 80 yarder being his longest reception, 16.3 avg. per catch, and 102.2 yards per game. The kid is right at 6'2" tall and weighs 215 lbs. Who gives a crap if he played Junior College and then transferred. Is that somehow supposed to make him less of a productive player? Does is make his #'s worse because he's a "JUCO Transfer :unsure: " ? NO. You're just in love with Texas and Limas Sweed. Get off of it. He is not the second coming of Randy Moss. Thomas will be a good WR and I think Sweed, Kelly, and Hardy will too. If we can trade down to increase our number of VALUABLE selections and still get Devin Thomas, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The Bills will not implode and move to Toronto if we don't take Sweed. Calm down dude, I think you need a :thumbsup: