• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only have 5....

Rusty- 12 yo black lab

Broccoli- 14 yo pit/rottie mix

Savannah- 6 yo chow mix

Roxy- 8 yo dalmation/lab mix

Nugget- 7 yo big eared mix breed

We love them all immensely and are thankful they are part of our lives... :thumbsup:

12 year old Border Collie (Rex) - the smartest dog I've ever seen

We had one (Dutchess) when we were kids. Agreed - smart, pleasant, doting breed. Absent livestock, they will herd little kids. When we were little, and if the weather threatened to turn, she would collect us from the yard, nuzzle, nip, and prod us up onto the back porch, then sit at the top of the steps to protect us against come what may.

LAMP (or LAMD look at my dog, if you will) post:

Thurman must have seen a "seam" developing off tackle this evening because he just went "Kool-aid man" on our screen door on our garden level exit from the basement. I was pissed at first, but once I realized he was okay and he gives me those doe-eyes, I can't stay mad. I gotta admit and 85-pound greyhound busting through the screen at about 20 to 25 mph is pretty fuggin impressive... pulled the screen off clean, not a single tear. :)

We have two chihuahuas. We got Casper 4 years ago when our previous dog died. I was joking with my wife we should get a chihuahua. (Before then we owned terrier mixes of various sorts) Casper was a rescue dog and he seemed so small at the time, about 10lbs. We really fell in love with him. Then this past November we got a second chihuahua. This time a toy named Chalupa (we call her Loopy, not that she can hear us.) She's 10yrs old (Casper is 7 now), and we discovered after we got her home she is totally deaf! Despite that Loopy is so funny. Even though she is half Casper's size (she's only 5lbs), she dominates him.

I used to think tiny dogs were a joke. Now I see how cool they are. I also appreciate the convenience of having a dog you can stick in a small kennel, bag or pocket. They don't each much either. And they are tougher than you would think they are.

PTR