McCargo vs Youboty

Pfft...You have to know when to yell "I'm open!!!" as well.

Or the other guy said "yell " Here!! Here!! Over HEEEEEEREE!!! "

All of which proves my point I'm smarter than both of you. :beer: Just joking

It's the WR that yells that, not the CB Youboty

Have you ever played corner? It's def. not that easy. You have to learn coverage schemes and zones. That's like saying all a WR has to do is run out there and catch the ball.

Clearly he hasn't or he wouldn't have made the post.

simple as this

MCcargo- when he played he got into the backfield and was our best DT along with Kyle Williams,plus Stroud is only going to make him that much better

Youboty-Cant tackle,gets beat to often i think he could still turn out good but he needs to become quicker and more physical because he has the size.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Youboty may or may not turn out to be a good CB, but he is a VERY good tackler.

Guest Buffalo Billdo

McCargo, in my opinion, is an average d-tackle, and like most have stated, will benefit from a healthy Stroud. I am way more concerned with Youboty.

I think the misconception amongst casual fans is that that NFL players are NFL players/good players because they are physically gift. That is not the case. The physical tools of the NFL player are MUCH more common than the intangible gifts an NFL players has... the instincts, adjustments on the fly, etc...

Yeah, I agree with Dean that he is an excellent tackler, but Youboty just doesnt have it. Either you have it or you dont. Youboty is twice the athlete of Brandon Flowers out of Virginia Tech. But Flowers has 10 times the nose for the ball and instincts. That is why, IMHO, Flowers will be a steal if sitting there for us in Round 2. Instinct is more important especially in a cover 2 scheme.

Youboty is still a capable nickel and dime package guy who will be good in special teams (speed and tackling)

MarkyMannn, when Youboty has been on the field, he has been a very solid tackler. Just because he hasn't had a very high number of them doesn't mean he hasn't shown very solid form and willingness to get that part of his job done. You made yourself look like a jackass on that one my man. Sorry.

If Youboty is so sold, please explain how Greer, who was NOT a relatively high draft pick, was able to pass him on the depth chart. How Kilwaukee Thomas, who was cut, was before him? Just because you saw a game once and Youboty made a tackle does not win your argument.

If Youboty is so sold, please explain how Greer, who was NOT a relatively high draft pick, was able to pass him on the depth chart. How Kilwaukee Thomas, who was cut, was before him? Just because you saw a game once and Youboty made a tackle does not win your argument.

I'm still holding out hope on youboty, that pick of McNabb in the last game was very impressive and showed off the talent that the dude has.

This is for sure his make or break year though I think. It's too early to label him I think...

I think McCargo could explode this year being lined up next to Stroud. I don't understand Triplett starting over him at end of year either. Unless they were trying to really evaluate Trip, to see if they were gonna keep him or not. Obviously he FAILED the evaluation!!!

I do not think anyone is arguing Youbouty is great (if they were they are simply wrong). I think what folks are arguing is:

1. that he was a player who when drafted had a lot of real good elements shown in college in his play,

2. that in terms of his size and speed he had shown and a mean competitive streak many outside observers have noticed, 3. who in his play for the Bills has shown several good episodes of play (starting in the NYJ game, some nice tackles as a gunner on punt coverage, and the INT against McNabb).

but unfortunately he has also had:

1. injuries which have limited his play which are way too early to label him injury prone but they are a real thing and a negatives

2. the same need to learn that saw many observers feel he should have stayed in school another year is still there and he needed a year of play to finish his game

3. he had a bad break when his single parent Mom died and as the oldest child he was forced to step up to other responsibilities in addition to learning football.

and this all means:

While excuses are worth next to nothing in this world, there are reasonable reasons which while they do not excuse sporadic performance (at best), they do explain why it would be a bad football move to throw him under the bus.

I am glad they signed James and competition is good. I hope Youbouty steps up and wins the competition and it is not unreasonable to HOPE he does just unreasonable to EXPECT he will.