question about chris brown

Do you think that when he talks up a player like Devin Thomas or Red Bryant, it's because he does the research, he likes them and it's his opinion? Or, do you think he hears these guys names from people within the Bills organization and puts it out there?

Do you think that when he talks up a player like Devin Thomas or Red Bryant, it's because he does the research, he likes them and it's his opinion? Or, do you think he hears these guys names from people within the Bills organization and puts it out there?

Lets just say he wont talk bad about a player he think Buffalo will be getting. Like when he said this about Kalimba Edwards I pretty much knew we weren't interested.

March 14, 2008

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:35 AM ET | Link

DON'T THINK DE EDWARDS IS AN OPTION: The release of Kalimba Edwards got my attention yesterday, but after looking at him further and talking to some people in the know, I don't anticipate him being a free agent target of the Bills. Talking to some people in Detroit he's a great practice player, but it never translates to the game field. He's had a myriad of injuries in his career and lost his starting job to Jared DeVries, a player that produces even though he's not as physically gifted as Edwards. An NFL head coach once told me that being available on Sundays is one of the most important qualities needed to have a long career in the NFL. Granted a lot of that is luck, but a guy with knee, ankle, foot, head and groin injuries in his six-year career is viewed as a risk. Even in a situational pass rushing role I don't think Edwards comes off as anything impressive, since his best sack season was 6.5. --

Lets just say he wont talk bad about a player he think Buffalo will be getting. Like when he said this about Kalimba Edwards I pretty much knew we weren't interested.

. Even in a situational pass rushing role I don't think Edwards comes off as anything impressive, since his best sack season was 6.5. --

Not I think much of Edwards, or that sack totals are the be al/end all. I just wonder what he thinks about chris kelsay who's best sack season was 5.5 :beer: Either way hopefully Kelsays spot is upgraded, so he can fill the role he should be filling. A good off the bench 3rd swing de.

totally agree. his comments on Manningham told me that we're probably not interested.

MANNINGHAM HELPED HIMSELF: Michigan WR Mario Manningham helped his stock at the Wolverines pro day over the weekend with a 4.44 and 4.38 pair of 40 times. It was significantly better than his 4.59 at the combine. He also improved his vertical by three inches from 32 at the combine to 35 inches. That being said I just don't care for him too much because he's got a slight build and doesn't work well against press coverage. He's not a physical receiver, which is what Buffalo needs for the red zone. So as far as the Bills are concerned I don't see him as a fit. ---

though I kind of disagree with him about Manningham - the guy seemed to win every jump ball that came his way in college and played a lot bigger than his height and weight.

compare Kalimba Edwards comments with Will James. Of course a big difference is that we actually brought James in, Edwards we never showed any interest in. But somebody must give him some hints to measure fan expectations.

James would be a good get

March 13, 2008

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:48 PM ET | Link

JAMES WOULD BE A GOOD GET: William James would be a good addition to Buffalo's cornerback contingent. He offers size (6'0") and can hang with some of the bigger receivers in the league. He's considered a good tackler and could compete with Jabari Greer for the starting RCB job in camp. His experience in the league is also a plus with 45 starts under his belt. It also appears that his back problems are b

Guest Buffalo Billdo
compare Kalimba Edwards comments with Will James. Of course a big difference is that we actually brought James in, Edwards we never showed any interest in. But somebody must give him some hints to measure fan expectations.

James would be a good get

March 13, 2008

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:48 PM ET | Link

JAMES WOULD BE A GOOD GET: William James would be a good addition to Buffalo's cornerback contingent. He offers size (6'0") and can hang with some of the bigger receivers in the league. He's considered a good tackler and could compete with Jabari Greer for the starting RCB job in camp. His experience in the league is also a plus with 45 starts under his belt. It also appears that his back problems are b

What webstie are you getting this stuff from?

. Even in a situational pass rushing role I don't think Edwards comes off as anything impressive, since his best sack season was 6.5. --

Not I think much of Edwards, or that sack totals are the be al/end all. I just wonder what he thinks about chris kelsay who's best sack season was 5.5 B-) Either way hopefully Kelsays spot is upgraded, so he can fill the role he should be filling. A good off the bench 3rd swing de.

IIRC, Edwards was drafted to be the Lions' designated pass-rusher. I think Marv saw Kelsay as the next Phil Hansen, doing the dirty work so the right end could disrupt the offense. That's a pretty big difference.

Oh, and one more reason why you might not want to use Wikipedia as a source for your next college paper:

Kalimba Edwards (born December 26, 1979 in East Point, Georgia) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He was originally drafted by the Detroit Lions in the second round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football at South Carolina.

Edwards has interest from both the Cleveland Browns and the Tennessee Titans and will probably sign with one of these teams.

External links

* Detroit Lions bio

This biographical article relating to an American football defensive lineman born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help by expanding it.

Even thought the Browns are gay, he still might sign with them. But Kalimba wants to be a Titan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimba_Edwards

You stay classy, Titans fan. :beer:

IIRC, Edwards was drafted to be the Lions' designated pass-rusher. I think Marv saw Kelsay as the next Phil Hansen, doing the dirty work so the right end could disrupt the offense. That's a pretty big difference.

Nah, that line of thought would require critical analysis and reasoning, 2 very uncommon traits on this board. Kelsay doesnt rack up 15 sacks a year, so he sucks and is overpaid (even though similar players in antwan odom and travis laboy got similar deals this year)

Nah, that line of thought would require critical analysis and reasoning, 2 very uncommon traits on this board. Kelsay doesnt rack up 15 sacks a year, so he sucks and is overpaid (even though similar players in antwan odom and travis laboy got similar deals this year)

Odom has a bit more potential as a pass rusher then Kelsay does, he's had to deal with some injuries, but his style of play is more pass rushing and less in the run support mold. I don't hate chris kelsay, and I've gone over this plenty of times. I'd prefer to see Kelsay coming off the bench, where he would be at his most effective, as opposed to being a starter. That's my only qualm with the guy. Someone in the Alex Brown mold, who comes off to spell Anderson/Ogun. This team just needs someone in the vein of Mark Anderson opposite Schobel. It would then Allow Kelsay to do what Odom, and Laboy both did with the titans, be a good swing player, who you can interchange.

Oh, and one more reason why you might not want to use Wikipedia as a source for your next college paper:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimba_Edwards

You stay classy, Titans fan. :thumbsup:

As much as people were screaming for our offensive line to be improved, I've been screaming for real pass rushing threats to be added. Kelsay has value, as a swing end, or someone who could even spot start. I think he's a liability, as an every week starter. Especially when we have no pass rushers outside of Schobel. It's my #1 biggest concern with this defense. The depth on this dline is weak across the board. Ther just seems too many people, willing to accept Kelsay as a starter, for no reason other then "hey he's here it could be worse". Which is true, but when you can have legit comparisons, and say that Ryan Denney is probably a better player then Kelsay, when it comes to run defense, and even as a pass rusher.

It puts your defense behind the 8 ball. Espcially when it comes to passing downs. Unless you have excellent back end players. With just 1 legit pass rush threat, 7 times out of 10 you'll get victimized on 3rd and long. We all saw that this past season. I don't care if the sack numbers aren't there. Rushing throws is probably a hell of a lot more important. I just don't see the 1st step, or closing burst from Kelsay to be effective in that manner. Like I just said in a previous post. I'd like to see Kelsay in the swing de role in the mold of Alex Brown. I think the Bills could do a hell of a lot more damage on passing downs. If they employ a strategy similar to what they did in 06 with schobel/hargrove/denney/kelsay. Only this time, with a player who has potential to in a year or 2, take over at lde.

Odom has a bit more potential as a pass rusher then Kelsay does, he's had to deal with some injuries, but his style of play is more pass rushing and less in the run support mold. I don't hate chris kelsay, and I've gone over this plenty of times. I'd prefer to see Kelsay coming off the bench, where he would be at his most effective, as opposed to being a starter. That's my only qualm with the guy. Someone in the Alex Brown mold, who comes off to spell Anderson/Ogun. This team just needs someone in the vein of Mark Anderson opposite Schobel. It would then Allow Kelsay to do what Odom, and Laboy both did with the titans, be a good swing player, who you can interchange.

Compare to 2006 Chris Kelsay to 2007 Odom or LaBoy. Very similar in their on the field production. Odom simply looks better because he isnt on the Bills, and the grass is always greener on the other side.