Predictions for the AFC East

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time don't make it so clear. So clear that you didn't read past my first sentence, that is.

Oh, I see..when you say schedule, you mean like days, dates, times, bye-weeks, etc.? Yes, that would certainly affect someone's pre-draft, pre-training camp, pre-preseason season predictions at this point in mid-March.

(Actually, I did read past your first sentence...it was your second sentence that confused the hell outa me.)

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Posluszny!!!!! :beer:

So, the Jets are keeping Pennington and he can't throw more than 10 yards? Hard to believe. With the Jets philosophy in FA'cy this year, I would almost bet Pennington starts. I'll also bet he can throw more than 10 yards without the ball sailing. Usually balls sail on guys who have great arms. Pennington's arm blows......it always has.......but he has enough savvy to still get it done IF IF IF IF these other vets the Jets picked up pan out.

All I know is the Pennington I saw last year was not the Pennington I saw 5 years ago. Not even close. As far as why the Jets are keeping him, did you see the state of QBing in the league last year? Just because Pennington might be their best option doesn't mean he's a good one.

All I know is the Pennington I saw last year was not the Pennington I saw 5 years ago. Not even close. As far as why the Jets are keeping him, did you see the state of QBing in the league last year? Just because Pennington might be their best option doesn't mean he's a good one.

same observations here. I really liked Pennington his first two years in the league. I watched the Jets play all the time and he played with great enthusiasm. Pennington to Moss was a great combo- I don't know why the Jets got rid of Moss. Well Pennington no longer has the arm strength and he looks like he is all done. He was horrible last year and I don't see that changing

Bills: Yes, somehow we lose to the Dolphins...11-5

Home: Chargers - W, Dolphins - W, 49ers - W, Jets - W, Patriots - W, Raiders - W, Seahawks - L, Cleveland - L

Away: Broncos - W, Cardinals - W, Chiefs - W, Dolphins - L, Jets - W, Patriots - L, Rams - W, Jacksonville - L

Patriots: Defense gets stomped on just about every game...I'm guessing Brady goes down with an injury. 9-7

Home: Bills - W, Dolphins - W, Jets - W, Broncos - W, Chiefs - W, Cardinals - L, Rams - W, Pittsburgh - L

Away: Bills - L, Dolphins - W, Jets - L, Raiders - W, Chargers - L, 49ers - W, Seahawks - L, Colts - L

Jets: 7-9

Home: Buffalo - L, Miami - W, New England - W, Denver - L, Kansas City - W, Arizona - W, St. Louis - W, Cincinnati - L

Away: Buffalo - L, Miami - W, New England - L, Oakland - L, San Diego - L, San Francisco - L, Seattle - L, Tennessee - W

Dolphins: 5-11

Home: Buffalo - W, New England - L, N.Y. Jets - L, Oakland - L, San Diego - L, San Francisco - L, Seattle - L, Baltimore - W

Away: Buffalo - L, New England - L, N.Y. Jets - L, Denver - W, Kansas City - W, Arizona - L, St. Louis - L, Houston - W

Off topic - noticed this whenI was lookin at this - You play each team from your division twice (6 games) + each team from another division, same conference (2008 will be AFC West, 4 games) + each team from another division, other conference (NFC West, 4 games) + 2 other seemingly random teams= 16 games...probably the last to figure this out but I thought it was interesting. Anyone know if theres a rhyme or reason to the 2 other games?

Bills, again, are hit or miss. They'll either go 11-5 and surprise us all, or they'll sink back to 6-10 for some unprecedented reason.

The New Jersey Jets, with all their new additions, have little time to develop a lot of players in to their system. Yes, they've upgraded, yes, some will make an immediate impact, but with spaghetti arm or showboat handing the ball off there's no way they can win too much.

The Fins are in the same boat, except they also don't have an offensive line to go with the crap quarterback, nor a legitamite #1 reciever. Whoever is tossed in is going to need to learn a lot about the system and playbook.

The Patriots... well we can't really kid ourselves here.

Same offensive line, same recievers (minus Stallworth, who didn't do much anyway), same Tight Ends, same Running Backs. The offense is what made them, the offense is what will keep them great.

Their defense, however, is obviously aging, and losing key players. But with Belichek being a defensive minded guy, that should be no problem to fix... They'll either go 11-5 or 15-1

The Patriots... well we can't really kid ourselves here.

Same offensive line, same recievers (minus Stallworth, who didn't do much anyway), same Tight Ends, same Running Backs. The offense is what made them, the offense is what will keep them great.

Their defense, however, is obviously aging, and losing key players. But with Belichek being a defensive minded guy, that should be no problem to fix... They'll either go 11-5 or 15-1

Once teams starting keying on Moss towards the end of the season, the Pats offense slowed way down. Moss was practically invisible in some late season games. No way him and Brady come close to the same numbers they put up last year. There was also alot more pressure being put on Marcia late in the season which made a difference as well. We all know pretty boy gets flustered when his clothes get dirty.