MIA signs B'gals WR Tab Perry

He was a 2005 6th rounder out of UCLA. Did a fair job returning kicks and in ST coverage that season. There was good hope for him, but he suffered a hip injury returning a kick in the last minute of a 2006 2nd game CIN win over CLE 34 -17. With WR Henry's woes, the B'gals penciled him into their '07 plans - but the hip didn't hold up.

A decent young man - He'll likely be an asset to MIA if the injury is healed.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/803170382/

He was a 2005 6th rounder out of UCLA. Did a fair job returning kicks and in ST coverage that season. There was good hope for him, but he suffered a hip injury returning a kick in the last minute of a 2006 2nd game CIN win over CLE 34 -17. With WR Henry's woes, the B'gals penciled him into their '07 plans - but the hip didn't hold up.

A decent young man - He'll likely be an asset to MIA if the injury is healed.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/803170382/

I remember a lot of Bengals fans were excited about him his rookie year. He looked like he'd be a pretty good player, at WR too. I didn't realize the injury was that serious.

I remember a lot of Bengals fans were excited about him his rookie year. He looked like he'd be a pretty good player, at WR too. I didn't realize the injury was that serious.

He had 2 td receptions called back because of penalty - the other end failed to line up on the LOS in both. One of them was something like 70 yards.

He's a big WR, and showed an ability to execute the b'gals pass offense demands - timing routes and getting to a spot for the reception.

That's the aspect that the weeping Ocho Stinko stabbed them with last season. Johnson routinely broke the wrong way, cut short or overran patterns.

I believe they'd trade Johnson if they could, but the combo of owner Brown's refusal to eat dead money plus the cap hit probably means that the unhappy pouting millionaire stays.

Although after June 1st, cap hits get spread out over two years, IIRC.

He had 2 td receptions called back because of penalty - the other end failed to line up on the LOS in both. One of them was something like 70 yards.

He's a big WR, and showed an ability to execute the b'gals pass offense demands - timing routes and getting to a spot for the reception.

That's the aspect that the weeping Ocho Stinko stabbed them with last season. Johnson routinely broke the wrong way, cut short or overran patterns.

I believe they'd trade Johnson if they could, but the combo of owner Brown's refusal to eat dead money plus the cap hit probably means that the unhappy pouting millionaire stays.

Although after June 1st, cap hits get spread out over two years, IIRC.

Not exactly. After 6/1, they would be responsible for this years pro-rated bonus in 08, and all of the rest next year, even if he has multi years remaining.

They all pile into ralph's Taurus, head over to Tops, stock up on Hot Pockets, and head home. :pirate:

thats TBD posters, not the Front Office

The Front Office piles into Ralphs Taurus and go to the Country Corner Buffet for the Early, Early Bird Special where they use their Half price coupons ontop of the seniors discount for extra Tapiocca

The Front Office piles into Ralphs Taurus and go to the Country Corner Buffet for the Early, Early Bird Special where they use their Half price coupons ontop of the seniors discount for extra Tapiocca

:pirate: Thanks for clearing that up.

Naa...the front office people are rolling in filthy lucre, and their 40 buck lunches are a comp expense because all their lunches are business meetings. :pirate: