Crazy Al Davis at it again. Oakland to trade for Deangelo Hall

Chris Mortensen is reporting on ESPN.com that the Raiders have a tentitive trade with the Atlanta Falcons for DeAngelo Hall. It is contingent on a new contract with Hall, as the rumor is that he is asking for slightly less than Asante Samuels deal with the Eagles! This, to me, signals what I've belived all along.... the Raiders will shop the #4 pick in this draft for the right price! Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston anyone?

Chris Mortensen is reporting on ESPN.com that the Raiders have a tentitive trade with the Atlanta Falcons for DeAngelo Hall. It is contingent on a new contract with Hall, as the rumor is that he is asking for slightly less than Asante Samuels deal with the Eagles! This, to me, signals what I've belived all along.... the Raiders will shop the #4 pick in this draft for the right price! Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston anyone?

Chris Long

The problem is who wants to trade up to those top 5 picks. It is similar to what it was couple of years ago when the Dolphins, and Bucs and Bears were forced to pick those RBs even though none of them deserved to be top 5 picks.

Not worth top 5 salaries.

how does this signal the raiders are shoping the 4th pick? I really dont see how this trade effects their desire to trade this pick with the exception of them not having their 2nd round pick now

shopping the number 4 pick and actually making the trade are two completely different things...teams in the top 5 shop their pick every year but other teams are reluctant to trade into the top 5 nowadays because of what it would take to pay that player as well as what it would take to trade up

Holy He!!, I think Old Al is trying to make one more run at having a good team. What a cornerback combo they have now! Too bad their coach still wears diapers!

I was listening to the Saturday ESPN radio show with John Clayton. He said that Crazy Al himself is now handling all the contract negotiations and signings. The GM and the head coach (whom he's been trying to force out) have little input on who's being signed. Hell, maybe Al will stand next to his "head coach" with a set of headphones during the games!

I love Crazy Al. The Raiders are going to suck for quite a while.

Atlanta really scores big here, too. With the Pats* forfeiture and the Raiders 4th pick, it's not much of a stretch to call this a trade for a late 1st rounder. The Falcons appear intent on a complete makeover. Makes me wonder if they're still listening to all offers on anybody, and where the Bills may be interested.