Mike Maycock's Top 5 At Each Position.

His mock drafts are the best I've seen. IIRC, he was the only person making a mock draft that had the Bills taking Donte Whitner two years ago.

I'm pretty sure his name is sans-rooster

I still can't fathom why ANYONE would think that Mendenhall is better than McFadden. That blows my mind!

People said the same thing about Edgerrin James vs. Ricky Williams.

haha, I love how he goes from having Mario Manningham as his number one receiver coming out to not even making his top five. I loved watching Mayock squirm at the combine as Manningham's numbers came out.

Give the guy credit for letting his opinions evolve. It's better than sticking to stupid guns.

Give the guy credit for letting his opinions evolve. It's better than sticking to stupid guns.

I agree with that to a certain extent. Mayock watches film of these guys all year. Just because he ran two tenths of a second slower at the combin than expected, he falls from first overall to at best (in Mayock's opinion) sixth? I'm not exactly sure what that says about Mayock.

I agree with that to a certain extent. Mayock watches film of these guys all year. Just because he ran two tenths of a second slower at the combin than expected, he falls from first overall to at best (in Mayock's opinion) sixth? I'm not exactly sure what that says about Mayock.

Or what does it say about the guys he moved above him? It may not be the measurables from the combine it may be things like IQ or interviews or showing up to the combine more out of shape than he'd like. There may be many other reasons.

Or what does it say about the guys he moved above him? It may not be the measurables from the combine it may be things like IQ or interviews or showing up to the combine more out of shape than he'd like. There may be many other reasons.

Mayock is an idiot! He will be red with embarrassement all draft. Mark my words. He will be way off a lot. Kiper too

Well if he watches film all year long, why the hell is he switching his rankings still? The season is over, the combine is over, what would make him change his rankings, are they playing secret games or something? New film lol?

Well if he watches film all year long, why the hell is he switching his rankings still? The season is over, the combine is over, what would make him change his rankings, are they playing secret games or something? New film lol?

What is seen on film is only one aspect of a player.

His mock drafts are the best I've seen. IIRC, he was the only person making a mock draft that had the Bills taking Donte Whitner two years ago.

again, people give this guy way too much credit simply because he got the Whitner pick right....Id really like hear some examples of how his mocks are "some of the best you've seen"

the guy was an announcer that was in the right place at the right time when the NFL Network needed a so called draft expert and he got the job and people praise him because he got a pick right in a mock draft and that pick happened to be the Bills pick

Say what you will, Mike Mayock is very good at what he does.

I trust his judgment as much or more than any of the commentators out there. That does not mean he is infallible. No one is. Nevertheless, he does his homework, knows what he is talking about, and his views are well thought out.

Mike Mayock is great. he isn't wowed by big college numbers or combine stats. He looks more at technique of the player and their physical attributes. Plus he considers what they can do against NFL players who aren't rookies.

You can see his top 5 RB's on NFL.com's video section. he shows that Mcfadden lacks strength in his legs to push piles and break tackles which he feels will cause him issues in the NFL. He claims that Mcfadden will get you some big plays but when it comes between the tackles he will have issues. he said the samea about Reggie Bush and well you have seen what he has done so far in the league.