Marcus Monk?

I like Monk a lot. His biggest problem is his knee injuries, he's had problems with both his knees and has lost some speed and quickness. However, he is still a redzone threat, and as a 4th WR who can come in on third downs and in the redzone, he would be perfect. Anyone who says he has bad hands, please watch his games.

no thank you this kid doesnt even use his size i was watching a youtube video on him and there was a jump ball at the red zone he didnt even jump for it the cornerback dropped it and monk caught it towards the groud,kid cant do anything he has good hands but we need a big reciever which he is but one that goes up and gets it

I think there are several better alternatives that late in the draft with better hands and better % in the red zone.

In Round 4, I'd take Harry Douglas (Louisville) or Lavelle Hawkins (Cal) before Monk.

In Round 5, I'd take Paul Hubbard of Wisconsin. You'd have 2 badgers; just don't put them in a car when eating crunchy food. Adarius Bowman (Okla St) and Will Franklin (Mizzou), even Urrutia (Louisville) would have more upside.

In Round 6, I'd take Todd Blythe of Iowa State or Davone Bess from Hawaii, one of the guys that made Colt Brennan look better than he was.

In Round 7, I'd take Danny Amendola of Texas Tech.

We will take 2 WR's in this draft ... It's now becoming a question of when we take the second one.

I think there are several better alternatives that late in the draft with better hands and better % in the red zone.

In Round 4, I'd take Harry Douglas (Louisville) or Lavelle Hawkins (Cal) before Monk.

In Round 5, I'd take Paul Hubbard of Wisconsin. You'd have 2 badgers; just don't put them in a car when eating crunchy food. Adarius Bowman (Okla St) and Will Franklin (Mizzou), even Urrutia (Louisville) would have more upside.

In Round 6, I'd take Todd Blythe of Iowa State or Davone Bess from Hawaii, one of the guys that made Colt Brennan look better than he was.

In Round 7, I'd take Danny Amendola of Texas Tech.

We will take 2 WR's in this draft ... It's now becoming a question of when we take the second one.

You mean it wasn't the June Jones system? :thumbsup:

no thank you this kid doesnt even use his size i was watching a youtube video on him and there was a jump ball at the red zone he didnt even jump for it the cornerback dropped it and monk caught it towards the groud,kid cant do anything he has good hands but we need a big reciever which he is but one that goes up and gets it

Well then, case closed, you saw a youtube video! :devil:

Too bad Marcus Monk can't catch

You are simply incorrect. Monk can catch the ball very well. In addition to posting over 50 catches his junior year, the kid caught 20 out of 21 balls at the combine.

I am very interested in giving this kid a shot in the later rounds and think he could provide what the bills are looking for in terms of big red zone threat. There are some concerns that I have with him, namely his speed (he routinely blew past SEC defenders during his career but since the knee injury appeared to have lost a step) however I don't think his role in the NFL would be to outrun defenders -- it would be to catch the ball at it's highest point in the end zone -- something this kid does extremely well. BTW ran a 4.54 40 -- not bad.

Also, I would like to see him finish his blocks better, he needs to get a bit more physical -- did 9 225 lb. reps at the combine (most receivers opt not to participate in this drill).

Also, for the poster who dismissed him based on a youtube video, check out game footage of him against USC, Florida and Auburn -- their three biggest games of '06 -- kid burned all three of these big-time secondaries for touchdown scores and did it in impressive fashion.