South Park Season 12 thread

justnzane

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way better than last week's dud. I loved Britney's dance routine at the MTV Awards.

The jokes weren't on Britney, though. The jokes were about our stupid media and our stupid culture for rooting for her to fail. Yes, we all like watching stupid celebrities fail, but that stopped being fun with Britney years ago because she's completely lost her mind (hence "no brain" in the episode). But she's still propped up by people looking to make money and ridiculed by people (the equivalent of making fun of a retarded person at this point).

Not their funniest episode by any stretch, but brilliant in execution. I did appreciate seeing a "Hilldog" guy in the crowd at the debate and the animal control people taking Butters away.

Way better than last week's dud

I agree

Funny episode, but nowhere near their best.

Again I agree

The first two episodes this year were funny, but abit of a disappointment. Maybe I just had heightened expectations from last seasons brilliant episodes (Imaginationland, The Snuke, Night of the Living Homeless, N_ggerguy, Easter, Tourettes, etc)

It seems like they've put together a multi-part episode over the last couple seasons with the Cartoon Wars and Imagination Land. I wonder if they'll do the same this time. Anyway, I was a bit distracted during last night's episode thanks to the results of the Sabres game. I'll have to watch again tonight, but it definitely had its moments.

The jokes weren't on Britney, though. The jokes were about our stupid media and our stupid culture for rooting for her to fail. Yes, we all like watching stupid celebrities fail, but that stopped being fun with Britney years ago because she's completely lost her mind (hence "no brain" in the episode). But she's still propped up by people looking to make money and ridiculed by people (the equivalent of making fun of a retarded person at this point).

Not their funniest episode by any stretch, but brilliant in execution. I did appreciate seeing a "Hilldog" guy in the crowd at the debate and the animal control people taking Butters away.

I think your right on the money Silver. At the risk of being ridiculed myself, I really do feel sorry for Britney at this point. At the end of the day she's just a person. I can't imagine going through all the crap. I thought it was a clear shot at the media and the scandal hungry public as well.

btw. What movie were they spoofing with the sacrifice thing? Wicker Man??

You guys liked that one better than the HIV episode?

Probably. The AIDS episode didn't hold up as well the second time I saw it. The two scenes where the boys find out they have HIV with their mothers present were just depressing. It still had some great gags but I think the source material didn't work.

The Britney episode didn't have a lot of "LOL" jokes but they parallels they drew between Britney's situation and the horror movies they picked were pretty brilliant. I noticed when they were sneaking her out of the hospital, they had one of the paparazzi tip his head back, point, and scream at her just like (I think) the clones in the Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake.

I think your right on the money Silver. At the risk of being ridiculed myself, I really do feel sorry for Britney at this point. At the end of the day she's just a person. I can't imagine going through all the crap. I thought it was a clear shot at the media and the scandal hungry public as well.

btw. What movie were they spoofing with the sacrifice thing? Wicker Man??

I finally watched it yesterday and it had some good moments. Not one of those laugh out loud the whole time episodes but once again great satire and commentary about the media & people's obsession with celebs. I think someone said it on the first page but the sacrifice thing is a spoof of a short story/movie called the lottery. The people in some small farm town have an annual "lottery" that selects one of the townspeople to be a human sacrifice for hope of a good harvest that year.

Of the 3 episodes so far, last nights was probably the best. Boobs, Ann Frank, Elliot Spitzer, and boobs (i know i said boobs twice, but it's worth repeating)

I bet if dib got high, he would dream just like Kenny.

Of the 3 episodes so far, last nights was probably the best. Boobs, Ann Frank, Elliot Spitzer, and boobs (i know i said boobs twice, but it's worth repeating)

LOVED last night's episode. They even got Eliot Spitzer/Gov. McGreevy's tie right (and obviously Sheila Broflovski had the political wife look down).

Was anyone not cracking up when they saw Kenny with a boob sword fight Kyle's dad with a boob axe?

For those that didn't understand the Butters reference, this is

That was the first thing I did during the first commercial break of South Park last night... googled "what what in the butt"... that video is hilarious!

I thought last night's SP episode was much better than the last few.

I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND, GUY!

I'M NOT YOUR GUY, BUDDY!!

I'M NOT YOUR BUDDY, FRIEND!!!

That was the first thing I did during the first commercial break of South Park last night... googled "what what in the butt"... that video is hilarious!

I thought last night's SP episode was much better than the last few.

I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND, GUY!

I'M NOT YOUR GUY, BUDDY!!

I'M NOT YOUR BUDDY, FRIEND!!!

Yes, I was !@#$ing dying last nite watching that episode last nite. Nothing like Butters looking gayer than ever, and the references to Tgreg and the other striking writers.