Obama's Preacher for 20 years

VRWC

Is this the guy that is going to give the invocation at Obama's inauguration?

If so, this country is in a lot of trouble.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...16&src=news

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation/po...story?track=rss

Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. heaped praise on Farrakhan.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8011402083.html

Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. is the spiritual leader for Barack Obama and was the inspiration for his first book “The Audacity of Hope”.

If John McCain had any association with a similar racist, anti-semite,, and demagogue, he couldn’t hold a seat on the local school board. What Gives?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the guy that is going to give the invocation at Obama's inauguration?

If so, this country is in a lot of trouble.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...16&src=news

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation/po...story?track=rss

Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. heaped praise on Farrakhan.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8011402083.html

Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. is the spiritual leader for Barack Obama and was the inspiration for his first book “The Audacity of Hope”.

If John McCain had any association with a similar racist, anti-semite,, and demagogue, he couldn’t hold a seat on the local school board. What Gives?

Read up on John Hagee( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hagee ), whose endorsement McCain has positively acknowledged, but I don't think officially accepted ( http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02...agee&st=nyt ).

Read up on John Hagee( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hagee ), whose endorsement McCain has positively acknowledged, but I don't think officially accepted ( http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02...agee&st=nyt ).

I don't agree with that knuckle head either. It's one thing being ones preacher for 20 years and having these extreme views vs. just being endorsed by someone with other despicable views.

If this guy, John Hagee, was McCain's preacher for twenty years he would have a big problem. McCain also rejected any of Hagee's anti-Catholic statements and does not share those views.

Obama's step-grandmother, Sarah Hussein Obama, is quite a chameleon:

Here, she's a muslim...

Years later, Mr. Obama met his father’s family, a mix of Muslim and Christian Kenyans. Sarah Hussein Obama, who is his stepgrandmother but whom Mr. Obama calls his grandmother, still rises at 5 a.m. to pray before tending to her crops and the three orphans she has taken in.

“I am a strong believer of the Islamic faith,” Ms. Obama, 85, said in a recent interview in Kenya.

And here, she's a Christian...

Obama's grandfather had converted to Islam from Roman Catholicism and taken the name Hussein, Sarah Obama said, but his children had inherited only the name, not the religion. Each person should be able to choose how they worshipped, she said.

"In the world of today, children have different religions from their parents," she said. She, too, is a Christian.

Perhaps all the Obamas are who you want them to be.

“I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views,” Mr. Obama wrote in “The Audacity of Hope, his I’m-running-for-president book.

There is something that REALLY, REALLY worries me about this whole Obamessiah thing - he's like an empty suit that the impressionable fill with their own projections. I will honestly lose sleep at night if he becomes President!

I don't agree with that knuckle head either. It's one thing being ones preacher for 20 years and having these extreme views vs. just being endorsed by someone with other despicable views.

If this guy, John Hagee, was McCain's preacher for twenty years he would have a big problem. McCain also rejected any of Hagee's anti-Catholic statements and does not share those views.

True, and Obama needs to stand up and clarify himself on this- like the WashPost op-ed said, he can't just gloss over it. Obama, like McCain, has distanced himself from the controversial points of his endorser, though the long relationship between the two, like I said, needs to be addressed by Obama. I was pointing out with the Hagee thing that McCain has a similar wacko supporting him, and whose support he has carefully acknowledged. So, in reply to this statement:

"If John McCain had any association with a similar racist, anti-semite,, and demagogue, he couldn’t hold a seat on the local school board. What Gives?"

I posted about Hagee.

True, and Obama needs to stand up and clarify himself on this- like the WashPost op-ed said, he can't just gloss over it. Obama, like McCain, has distanced himself from the controversial points of his endorser, though the long relationship between the two, like I said, needs to be addressed by Obama. I was pointing out with the Hagee thing that McCain has a similar wacko supporting him, and whose support he has carefully acknowledged. So, in reply to this statement:

"If John McCain had any association with a similar racist, anti-semite,, and demagogue, he couldn’t hold a seat on the local school board. What Gives?"

I posted about Hagee.

Was Hagee McCane’s spiritual advisor for 20 years? Did McCain attend his church for 20 years? Did McCain get married by Hagee? Did McCain’s children get baptized by Hagee? Did McCain write a book based on spiritual advise from Hagee? Did McCain what him to speak and at his announcement for the presidency? (Obama did, but an advisor at the last minute had him pulled from the event)

The answer is NO! N-O! The relationship between Obama and Wright go way beyond an endorsement of candidacy. If it wasn’t for Wright, Obama would either still be a Muslim or at a minimum, as atheist. Read his book, he said it himself.

This faith of Rev. Wright is nothing like the Christian faith that I know. It’s people like this that make a mockery of Jesus Christ and what he stood for.

The things this guy was saying on the pulpit of his church sickened me. Even if your not a person of faith, but believe in this country and its values, it should sicken you also.

Was Hagee McCane’s spiritual advisor for 20 years? Did McCain attend his church for 20 years? Did McCain get married by Hagee? Did McCain’s children get baptized by Hagee? Did McCain write a book based on spiritual advise from Hagee? Did McCain what him to speak and at his announcement for the presidency? (Obama did, but an advisor at the last minute had him pulled from the event)

The answer is NO! N-O! The relationship between Obama and Wright go way beyond an endorsement of candidacy. If it wasn’t for Wright, Obama would either still be a Muslim or at a minimum, as atheist. Read his book, he said it himself.

This faith of Rev. Wright is nothing like the Christian faith that I know. It’s people like this that make a mockery of Jesus Christ and what he stood for.

The things this guy was saying on the pulpit of his church sickened me. Even if your not a person of faith, but believe in this country and its values, it should sicken you also.

Look, I was responding to your statement:

and I posted because he does have "any" association with a racist, ignorant ahole as well. The relationship isn't nearly as deep as Obama's is with Wright, but it exists. I just wanted to point that out. Yes, Wright says some pretty messed up stuff, stuff that I do not believe in whatsoever. Hagee also says some pretty messed up stuff. I just wanted to alert you of that fact, because it seemed you thought McCain didn't have any association with religious nuts. Like I said, it is Obama's obligation, IMO, to explain himself. McCain doesn't need to because he merely acknowledged the endorsement of Hagee, and, like you said, hasn't had a long relationship with him.

Also, why did you read Obama's book?

While at the same time accepting (they hugged for goodness sakes!) his endorsement.

You're asleep now. His step-grandmother?!

Yes, his step-grandmother. The whole family's stories keep on changing. Did you bother to read any of the links I posted?

The Obamas are whoever you want them to be, at least until Barrack gets elected. Then, all bets are off.

Look, I was responding to your statement:

and I posted because he does have "any" association with a racist, ignorant ahole as well. The relationship isn't nearly as deep as Obama's is with Wright, but it exists. I just wanted to point that out. Yes, Wright says some pretty messed up stuff, stuff that I do not believe in whatsoever. Hagee also says some pretty messed up stuff. I just wanted to alert you of that fact, because it seemed you thought McCain didn't have any association with religious nuts. Like I said, it is Obama's obligation, IMO, to explain himself. McCain doesn't need to because he merely acknowledged the endorsement of Hagee, and, like you said, hasn't had a long relationship with him.

Also, why did you read Obama's book?

I get your point. I think I can sum it up this way. We all have many acquaintances and very few true friends or mentors. We can not be held accountable for our acquaintances digressions or deeds but friends and mentors must be help to a higher level.

We are who we hang out with and associate with. If you associate with thugs, dishonest people, you are most likely a thug and dishonest yourself. If you surround yourself with good, honest, decent people you will most likely be one yourself. It’s not 100% that’s the case, but IMO, it’s about as good an indicator as you can get without knowing the true persons soul.

Are you really dense enough to make the comparison of Obama's spirtual advisor for his entire adult lifetime to some guy McCain met a few times?

Come on.

So then, why doesn't McCain publicly renounce Hagee and refuse his endorsement?

Guess you gotta get some of the loopy fringe votes.

I get your point. I think I can sum it up this way. We all have many acquaintances and very few true friends or mentors. We can not be held accountable for our acquaintances digressions or deeds but friends and mentors must be help to a higher level.

We are who we hang out with and associate with. If you associate with thugs, dishonest people, you are most likely a thug and dishonest yourself. If you surround yourself with good, honest, decent people you will most likely be one yourself. It’s not 100% that’s the case, but IMO, it’s about as good an indicator as you can get without knowing the true persons soul.

Maybe in the world of automatons you seem to prefer, that's the case, but I've had close advisors that I have serious disagreements with, yet find some wisdom in.

You can have it both ways and not be such a reactionary. Personally, I find a few things that are said in churches distasteful. That doesn't mean I associate those beliefs with every person walking in and out of the doors of those churches.

Still time for Democrats to rally behind Hillary. You know what baggage you're getting with her, who knows what other skeletons are in Obama's closet, but I'm sure the RNC is looking.

Skeletons written about in a national newspaper a year ago. Sheesh. Give it up.

Yes, his step-grandmother. The whole family's stories keep on changing. Did you bother to read any of the links I posted?

The Obamas are whoever you want them to be, at least until Barrack gets elected. Then, all bets are off.

Frankly, someone whom he has apparently seen five times in his entire life, who is 85, can only speak to him through a translator, and not remotely close to being actually related to him, isn't the person I would go to to know much about him, let alone vote for him.

Although, to give you the benefit of the doubt, there have been hundreds of interviews I have seen of politicians over the years, and one of the first questions they always ask is "What religion is your step-grandmother?"

Now I know why. It matters!