why cant

another awesome metallica song, but before the mid 90s they all were... but its just my opinion that For Whom The Bell Tolls is my fav. But I still remember my first metallica cd being Ride the Lightning and thinking that it would suck because the into to fight fire with fire... i learned after 30 seconds i was wrong... as$... but metallica should return to form... randomness, but still... you get the jist

• 10 months later...

Definately one of the the better Metallica songs. My vote for best Metallica song is Seek and Destroy. We used to crank that before football games in high school. I saw Metallica in 1985- way before they sold out and got all emo

Seek and Destroy is an awesome song, it had the two components of Metallica song that I thought made a lot of their songs awesome, An good solo and a bad ass laugh at the end of the song. If Rick Reuben can get them do that again, they can regain some of their lost fan base

Seek and Destroy is an awesome song, it had the two components of Metallica song that I thought made a lot of their songs awesome, An good solo and a bad ass laugh at the end of the song. If Rick Reuben can get them do that again, they can regain some of their lost fan base

Supposedly Reuben's style of producing is to encourage bands to do what they do best, and not worry about reinventing themselves or other crap.

The articles I've read about this upcoming album is that it's supposed to be a more back to old Metallica....we'll see

why cant, metallica be this awesome anymore

Lack of substance abuse. I'm pretty sure chemicals are the only reason James and Lars were able to co-exist.

It's funny. They did exactly whatever they wanted when they were making great music. Then they decided to try and be like everyone else and the results were predictable...

Metallica = Deathklok

The first thing the local 13-year old guitar geeks can play is metal. They can make a lot of noise with little actual ability. I play them some Leo Kottke or Les Paul and they look at me like I have three heads.

PTR

The sad thing is, thats true, when I got my first guitar (peavy) the first couple songs I learned to play were For Whom the Bell Tolls and a couple System of a Down songs, but as times gone on and I got an acoustic, I started playing well, more heavier/faster songs but a lot more indie/acoustic type music. Still like to shred on the electric though. Even though my Yamaha electric isn't the most capable of guitars

why cant, metallica be this awesome anymore

The old bands are too old to be creative enough to produce anything new within their style of music to push the innovative envelope like they once did many years ago. They relegate themselves to Nostalgia playing their hits over and over again for the short lived crack like high they must derive from the frenzied fanatic followers. Yeah sure they will produce an "album" from time to time but it's a poor attempt and falls short. It's like they are just mindlessly going through the actions of producing an album because it's what they have always done , like the flexing of an involuntary muscle or like movie mall zombies walking the malls without purpose, just going through the motions because it's what they did in life. Sad but True.

The old bands are too old to be creative enough to produce anything new within their style of music to push the innovative envelope like they once did many years ago. They relegate themselves to Nostalgia playing their hits over and over again for the short lived crack like high they must derive from the frenzied fanatic followers. Yeah sure they will produce an "album" from time to time but it's a poor attempt and falls short. It's like they are just mindlessly going through the actions of producing an album because it's what they have always done , like the flexing of an involuntary muscle or like movie mall zombies walking the malls without purpose, just going through the motions because it's what they did in life. Sad but True.

I think it's also true that their own fans won't allow bands to do anything creative, outside what their fans think the band should be.

PTR