Seriously, Do they just give these things out in Hollywood???

I'm starting to think that the award should reflect the quality of the actor/actress. For instance, Estrada gets a star on the Walk.... someone like Jimmy Stewart gets several city blocks... and Stephen Baldwin gets a fire hydrant or perhaps some discarded gum stuck to the curb.

Another incident of a highly talented thespian typecast and forever associated with the only role the masses are familiar with. Eric Estrada was friggin' awesome in "Shasta McNasty" as well his highly underrated tour de force in "Russkie v. Gorode Angelov". Particularly pay attention to his subtext in the watermelon scene. And frankly, I can't wait for "Horrorween" which will be out later this year.

Another incident of a highly talented thespian typecast and forever associated with the only role the masses are familiar with. Eric Estrada was friggin' awesome in "Shasta McNasty" as well his highly underrated tour de force in "Russkie v. Gorode Angelov". Particularly pay attention to his subtext in the watermelon scene. And frankly, I can't wait for "Horrorween" which will be out later this year.

Or his powerful monologue in CHiPs episode 401 "Go-Cart Terror."

I always thought you needed some success (not just one sitcom/TV show) and then living off it as a 'D' List celebrity. Who's next? Flava Flave?

Evidently not...considering they've given out over 2300 in less than 50 years, including Halle Berry?? For what, Catwoman?

(Excuse the use of Wikipedia):

The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a sidewalk along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States, which is embedded with more than 2,000 five-pointed stars featuring the names of celebrities honored by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce for their contributions to the entertainment industry. The first star, awarded on February 9, 1960, went to Joanne Woodward. On April 4, 2007, Halle Berry was honored and became the 2,333rd star on the walk.

Evidently not...considering they've given out over 2300 in less than 50 years, including Halle Berry?? For what, Catwoman?

(Excuse the use of Wikipedia):

At least she has an Oscar and an Emmy. Catwoman probably nullifies at least one of those...but still.

I was told these stars could be (and often are) purchased by the stars themselves (or their reps). Any truth to this, Kelly the Dog?

I really don't know, as I find the entire idea and practice rather foolish. But by the sheer number, and who gets them, I wouldn't doubt it. In fact, I'd probably bet on it.

Except in the case of Mr. Estrada. Dude has more chops than Charlie the Butcher.

I really don't know, as I find the entire idea and practice rather foolish. But by the sheer number, and who gets them, I wouldn't doubt it. In fact, I'd probably bet on it.

Except in the case of Mr. Estrada. Dude has more chops than Charlie the Butcher.

:thumbsup::(

You are tearing this thread up!

Walk Of Fame FAQ

Q: What is the cost of a Walk of Fame star ceremony?

A: $25,000 upon selection. The money is used to pay for the creation and installation of the star, as well as maintenance of the Walk of Fame.

A nominee has to be able to attend their ceremony, and be willing to be nominated in order for a star to be "awarded".