What about this to address the RB situation

CJPearl2

Take Brian Leonard with the second pick (after a LB with 1st, CB 3rd) and Michael Bush with our second third pick (if still on board).

Leonard can split carries with Bush and/or AT as a FB and would be a blocker, rec threat as a FB - much like the redskins use Cooley. Leonard could be an almost everydown FB/RB/TE. They could move him around as a FB/RB/TE from the backfield to the LOS while still keeping a RB in the backfield and Royal (or other) on the line. He's not a liability as a blocker and he is tremendously gifted as a runner/receiver.

Think how much fun Fairchild can have with 2 guys out of the backfield that can catch and run.

With the LB at 12, Leonard in 2nd, CB with 3rd #1 and Bush with 3rd #2 we would adress our four most glaring needs: LB, FB, CB, RB in the first 3 rounds.

This is probably irrational, but sounded good at first.

Round 1 Marshawn Lynch

Round 2 Antonio Pittman

Round 3 Brian Leonard

Round 3 Corey Anderson

Round 4 Julian Battle

Now THAT ought to solve the running back problem! :blink:

Nice Running-Back-By-Committee....the new wave of the NFL.

Round 1 Marshawn Lynch

Round 2 Antonio Pittman

Round 3 Brian Leonard

Round 3 Corey Anderson

Round 4 Julian Battle

Add a scrambling QB and I'm on board.

I concur, this would be an ideal RB/FB scenario on draft day.

For a team that needs an immediate contribution from its RB in 2007, what good is a RB with a broken leg that needed additional surgery?

Other than that, he's the prefect fit, if you like oversized RBs that fall down with minimal contact and don;t run hard between the tackles. :blink:

Round 1 Marshawn Lynch

Round 2 Antonio Pittman

Round 3 Brian Leonard

Round 3 Corey Anderson

Round 4 Julian Battle

This doesn't address our LB issue and Leonard doesn't slip past the Giants with their 2nd round pick.

I think that would be a very slow backfield with Leonard, Bush, and A-Train. Leonard is fast for his size, but the guy is more a tweener than an answer at running back who can take a run outside and dodge tacklers (though the leap is awesome). Bush is a gamble and I don't think his style of play will translate to the NFL. Too much of a Ron Dayne type, except with a broken leg that won't heal right. No thanks.

Wouldn't mind Leonard, but I'd want another guy with more quickness in the 3rd too. I have trouble picturing this happening.

They could have hired - on the cheap - CIN's FA Kenny Watson, who would have been a nice addition to their "RBBC".

PSU grad. Has moxie plus civility...clutch player. Exceptional hands. Situational player, but if called on, is a proven smart, effective blocker. He can give 10+ worthwhile carries - easy.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235389

For a team that needs an immediate contribution from its RB in 2007, what good is a RB with a broken leg that needed additional surgery?

Other than that, he's the prefect fit, if you like oversized RBs that fall down with minimal contact and don;t run hard between the tackles. :blink:

How could we possibly know how good he is going to be if he hasnt played a down of football in the nfl? Several runningbacks in recent memory have had devestating leg injuries and come back to be productive runningbacks in the nfl. We just got rid of one, for instance.

Plus I read that he should be ready to go by the beginning of the season. I wouldnt be upset at all if we picked Bush up in the 3rd or 4th.

Take Brian Leonard with the second pick (after a LB with 1st, CB 3rd) and Michael Bush with our second third pick (if still on board).

Leonard can split carries with Bush and/or AT as a FB and would be a blocker, rec threat as a FB - much like the redskins use Cooley. Leonard could be an almost everydown FB/RB/TE. They could move him around as a FB/RB/TE from the backfield to the LOS while still keeping a RB in the backfield and Royal (or other) on the line. He's not a liability as a blocker and he is tremendously gifted as a runner/receiver.

Think how much fun Fairchild can have with 2 guys out of the backfield that can catch and run.

With the LB at 12, Leonard in 2nd, CB with 3rd #1 and Bush with 3rd #2 we would adress our four most glaring needs: LB, FB, CB, RB in the first 3 rounds.

This is probably irrational, but sounded good at first.

It's more rational than you think. Thanks for your sober thinking.

It's going to be very interesting to see who drafts Leonard and watch how he's used in the NFL. I don't think it's going to be as a feature back. Seeing how the Bills have come out and said they aren't going to use a fullback I'd say the chances aren't good that we would draft him. I wouldn't be surprised to see an NFC team like Philly, Tampa, or the Giants draft him.