If Peterson were to slip by Cleveland then I would like to

It seems like the Bears don't really want to be in the top ten and they really would like to get McIntosh in their trade with the Redskins. They are also starting to realize that this Briggs may really hold true to his word and sit out 10 games. Meanwhile the Redskins are regretting not having the draft picks that they foolishly pissed away and are in a position to be alittle more flexible than normal for compensation. They also could stand to use some more interior line help for their defense. Here's where the Bills may find an opportunity by using a little creativity. They are in need of a RB and it appears that this Turner is going to cost more than what we are looking to pay, so here's what I think can be a palatable solution for all three teams involved.

Washington trades their by splitting their 1st rd pick (#6) to the Bills and McIntosh to the Bears for their 1st rd pick (#31). The Bills in return sends their 1st rd pick (#12) to the Bears and DT Tim Anderson and our second 3rd rd pick (#92) that we got from Baltimore to the Redskins.

When it's all over and done with the Bears land up with the #12 pick and McIntosh, the Redskins land up with the 31st pick, LB Lance Briggs, DT Tim Anderson and a 3rd rd pick at #92 and the Bills get to move up to the #6 spot minus Tim Anderson and the #92 pick.

This a bit too complicated and I doubt anyone would take tim anderson if the bills asked for nothing more then a warm cup of piss in return. Taking Chicago out of the equation if Peterson Gets past the browns/cards offer washington our 12th and our 2 3rd rd draft picks.

It seems like the Bears don't really want to be in the top ten and they really would like to get McIntosh in their trade with the Redskins. They are also starting to realize that this Briggs may really hold true to his word and sit out 10 games. Meanwhile the Redskins are regretting not having the draft picks that they foolishly pissed away and are in a position to be alittle more flexible than normal for compensation. They also could stand to use some more interior line help for their defense. Here's where the Bills may find an opportunity by using a little creativity. They are in need of a RB and it appears that this Turner is going to cost more than what we are looking to pay, so here's what I think can be a palatable solution for all three teams involved.

Washington trades their by splitting their 1st rd pick (#6) to the Bills and McIntosh to the Bears for their 1st rd pick (#31). The Bills in return sends their 1st rd pick (#12) to the Bears and DT Tim Anderson and our second 3rd rd pick (#92) that we got from Baltimore to the Redskins.

When it's all over and done with the Bears land up with the #12 pick and McIntosh, the Redskins land up with the 31st pick, DT Tim Anderson and a 3rd rd pick at #92 and the Bills get to move up to the #6 spot minus Tim Anderson and the #92 pick.

Brilliant in its simplicity. B-)

When it's all over and done with the Bears land up with the #12 pick and McIntosh, the Redskins land up with the 31st pick, LB Lance Briggs, DT Tim Anderson and a 3rd rd pick at #92 and the Bills get to move up to the #6 spot minus Tim Anderson and the #92 pick.

Oops, you're right Ozymandius, I forgot to credit the Redskins with them getting Briggs in addition to the rest of the scenario.

i like it. I'm been kicking around 3-way trade senarios w/ these teams in my head for a while but never came up with one like this. All three teams get what they want and none give up too much. The biggest problem with it though, even being complicated aside, is that we would have to wait to see if Peterson fell. So you would have to set the trade up prior to the draft and THEN pull the trigger if Peterson was there at 6. Like I said, I do like it though! foward it to Marv, Jerry, and Danny!

i like it. I'm been kicking around 3-way trade senarios w/ these teams in my head for a while but never came up with one like this. All three teams get what they want and none give up too much. The biggest problem with it though, even being complicated aside, is that we would have to wait to see if Peterson fell. So you would have to set the trade up prior to the draft and THEN pull the trigger if Peterson was there at 6. Like I said, I do like it though! foward it to Marv, Jerry, and Danny!

Thanks. I'm just bored to tears waiting for the draft and/or for something to occur to fill one of our pressing needs at LB and/or RB. If I were to grade this scenario then I think that I would mark B for effort and a C for creativity. The draft can't come soon enough, I'm running out of ideas!

In my mind, IF Adrian Peterson does slip by the Browns, ( I think it will happen, they take Quinn!) you simply contact a team that has drafted in the top 10, in ten of the last eleven years, the Arizona Cardinals, and offer the 12th and 43rd picks to move up. They will happily move down for a crack at Levi Brown, more in line with his likely draft value. Just a hunch!!

The only reason for us to do that is because we think Peterson won't be there at 12, ie, that someone with a higher pick than 12 will take him (some team picking between 7and 11). Why wouldn't the Bears and the Redskins just work that same trade with whatever team it is that we think is going to take Peterson before 12? It is the same deal only the Bears end up with a pick higher than 12. As far as I know, the Bears are not on a mission to get Tim Anderson who might not even have a job by the fourth week of training camp.

The only reason for us to do that is because we think Peterson won't be there at 12, ie, that someone with a higher pick than 12 will take him (some team picking between 7and 11). Why wouldn't the Bears and the Redskins just work that same trade with whatever team it is that we think is going to take Peterson before 12? It is the same deal only the Bears end up with a pick higher than 12. As far as I know, the Bears are not on a mission to get Tim Anderson who might not even have a job by the fourth week of training camp.

I know that the scenario is a little confusing but three team trades usually are. The Redskins would be the ones who land up with DT Tim Anderson. They would also receive our second 3rd rd pick at #92 and the Bears' original 1st rd pick at #31. The Bears on the other hand would move to the #12 pick (from the Bills) and also receive the Redskins' LB Rocky McIntosh, who they have been coveting. The Bills give up their #12 pick, #92 (the second 3rd rder that we got from Baltimore) and DT Tim Anderson and receive Washington's original 1st rd pick at #6. At this point the Bills then select RB Adrian Peterson at #6. There, done!

The Skins might do it if you send them McCargo instead of Tiny Tim.

I know that the scenario is a little confusing but three team trades usually are. The Redskins would be the ones who land up with DT Tim Anderson. They would also receive our second 3rd rd pick at #92 and the Bears' original 1st rd pick at #31. The Bears on the other hand would move to the #12 pick (from the Bills) and also receive the Redskins' LB Rocky McIntosh, who they have been coveting. The Bills give up their #12 pick, #92 (the second 3rd rder that we got from Baltimore) and DT Tim Anderson and receive Washington's original 1st rd pick at #6. At this point the Bills then select RB Adrian Peterson at #6. There, done!

Why wouldn't they do that same trade with a team that has a higher pick than we do, whatever team it is we think will take Peterson between 7 and 12 if we don't move up to 6 first?