Your Jersey Number

PAF911

Based on a challenge from RRich to start some new thread, I offer this as a meaningless diverson from all of the other "stuff" being beaten to death on this board...if you were on the Bills roster, what would be your number and why?

For me, its easy...#82 because of how proudly Don Beebe wore the jersey and how he gave it his all 100% of the time.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#53, My old high school number. Little story about it. About 20 years ago our center wore number 53 and he passed away in a car accident and as a tribute to him and his father who was a huge supporter of our high school before and after the accident, he asked that every center where that number and no other. As of today the tradition still stands. I think its a good looking number.

One is the loneliest number

That you'll ever do

Two can be as bad as one

It's the loneliest number since the number one

That you'll ever do

Much much worse than two

One is a number divided by two

#53, My old high school number. Little story about it. About 20 years ago our center wore number 53 and he passed away in a car accident and as a tribute to him and his father who was a huge supporter of our high school before and after the accident, he asked that every center where that number and no other. As of today the tradition still stands. I think its a good looking number.

Thats pretty cool...any #53s from your school go on to D1 or the NFL?

By far my favorite number is 24. I wore it for football and basketball in high school. When i moved to tightend my junior year I got 84, my second favorite. But the only jersey I wear is that of the only one worthy right now ... #83 Lee Evans.

P.S. I was at the 2004 Draft and was not happy at all with the Evans pick. I wanted Michael Clayton or the DE from Ohio State, Will Smith. Very glad I didn't get my way.

I played TE and LB in HS. Well, i almost did anyway. I was a JV walk on in 10th grade. I made the Varsity team, only to hurt my back during the last practice before the 1st game. Then before I had a chance to try out the following year, I blew my knee out near Rich Stadium playing sandlot (or snow lot) after a Bills game.

#87 was the number Jay Saldi wore for the Cowboys in the 70's - 80's. I don't know why, but I always remembered this undrafted TE who hung around for about 10 yrs. I guess he wasn't so popular, but he was a guy who did all the little things. I always noticed him making a key block or catch.

In football, #20 (Robert James)

In Baseball #21 (Roberto Clemente)

It's a Bob thing, you wouldn't understand.

Bob bob bob bob bob bob ........

bob bob bob bob bob bob .......

what is the name of that song ????