NFL network interview.

JinWPB

Saw the Terrell Davis interview of Ricky Williams. Bottom line was T.D. thinks Ricky is going to kick ass when he returns to football. Implied Miami might not be the place to do it. Ricky says he has refound his "love of the game"missing since college days, but still wants to avoid the Media and keep a low profile.

Sounds like that log cabin out in the Boston/Colden hills is calling you Ricky!

GITERDONE Marv.

Saw the Terrell Owens interview of Ricky Williams. Bottom line was T.O. thinks Ricky is going to kick ass when he returns to football. Implied Miami might not be the place to do it. Ricky says he has refound his "love of the game"missing since college days, but still wants to avoid the Media and keep a low profile.

Sounds like that log cabin out in the Boston/Colden hills is calling you Ricky!

GITERDONE Marv.

That was definitely Terrell Davis. You think the media would actually hire TO to conduct interviews?

please marv, spare us the drama. this like the 3rd time ricky has "finally got it together." he'll probably have about 5/8 of a good season for whoever picks him up... and then he'll get hurt, or flunk a drug test, or go awol and show up in malaysia, or some sh.it like that.

this team is going to have enough problems gelling, and is going to NEED to become more than the sum of it's parts just to be competitive. the last thing we need is a rent-a-player like williams who has only done 1 stupid thing after another his whole career. and he's old enough now that he's probably lost a step anyway.

if marv read this thread, he'd have a good belly-laugh at the thought that he should pursue a guy like ricky williams. personally, i find him to be an interesting and likable character, but i don't want him anywhere near my team.

this team is going to have enough problems gelling

To be honest, I can't think of a better way to gel than to have the guys sitting around the trainers able with a scull bong overflowing with hemp and some blonde hash under glass with a sprig of spearmint. Trust me, they'll be gellin'. 0:)

not that it would happen, but a place like Buffalo (or Greenbay) could be the spot that Ricky could thrive in. They are not huge markets that get alot of Media attention (since Ricky has his fears of the media) and they are not party cities where he could get in trouble partying and have easy access to drugs. NO is a huge party city (Marty Gras) and so is Miami (something Willis told us)

The guys still got some play left in him and low mileage, but the problem (and it would keep Marv from pulling the trigger on the deal) is his past actions of leaving the team and the failed drug tests. If they knew he was focused on football again and the drugs wouldn't be a factor, I'm sure they would be looking at him as an option

It would be poetic justice if the environment (or lack thereof) that caused our last running back to want out of Buffalo was the exact environment necessary for our next running back to thrive.

BTW, don't mistake this as my endorsement for Buffalo to sign the guy.

please marv, spare us the drama. this like the 3rd time ricky has "finally got it together." he'll probably have about 5/8 of a good season for whoever picks him up... and then he'll get hurt, or flunk a drug test, or go awol and show up in malaysia, or some sh.it like that.

this team is going to have enough problems gelling, and is going to NEED to become more than the sum of it's parts just to be competitive. the last thing we need is a rent-a-player like williams who has only done 1 stupid thing after another his whole career. and he's old enough now that he's probably lost a step anyway.]

Personally I don't see it as any bigger crap shoot than spending a 1st day pick and hoping a rookie can/will play well enough to help us, or trading those high !st day picks and a "whole lot of cash" for a backup running back that may or may not be a franchise back.

Ricky Williams could probably be had from the Fish if we pursued it. He says he feels better than he did at 25 in both body and mind. He is not a worn out running back.He is a back that gained over 1800 yards behind a poor OL and who can block and catch at HOF level. Ricky has never been the locker room problem the media has tried to make him . He says he has not smoked in 3 years and has no desire to, having always been a player 'who tells it like it is " good or bad , I see no reason not to believe him now. The year he retired "before training camp" should be looked at from both sides. Would it have been better for him to take the money and not play with his heart in the game, would that have been more fair to his team. Like it or not Ricky Williams "is" a stand up guy and I have no doubt any past , present or future teammates would have any problem playing with him.

Question: Would having Ricky Williams at running back make the Bills a better team?

My take is he would make most ANY team better as I really can think of only two other starting backs that brings the same game to the field.

GITERDONE Marv.

Question: Would having Ricky Williams at running back make the Bills a better team?

My take is he would make most ANY team better as I really can think of only two other starting backs that brings the same game to the field.

GITERDONE Marv.

if the price is right, i dont' see why the heck not. i don't think ricky will be as good as he once was for whoever gets him, but i think he will be very good and he could be great.

i think it all fits together nicely if only management and some fans can see past some of the past problems that i don't think will be problems anymore.

If you dont think theres easy access to drugs in buffalo then I'll go hunting for the easter bunny with you.

IMO Ricky loooked like he was not in playing shape in any way(he wasnt fat, he just didnt appear as cut up as he once was even though its hard to tell when he wears a sweatsuit). RW always ran well, this is true, and he seemed to thrive in cold weather. Heres the thing though, having watched that piece, I dont see how that guy could have any tenacity, the fight needed to get those valuable inches. ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THAT INCH. BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY WHEN YOU ADD UP ALL THOSE INCHES IT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE BETEWEEN WINNING AND LOSING! BETWEEN LIVIN OR DYING!

seriously though, RW is definatley the biggest RB x-factor at this point in the offseason, wich michael bush being a distant number 2,i predict the falcons draft bush late 2nd early 3rd.

this team is going to have enough problems gelling, and is going to NEED to become more than the sum of it's parts just to be competitive. the last thing we need is a rent-a-player like williams who has only done 1 stupid thing after another his whole career. and he's old enough now that he's probably lost a step anyway.]

Personally I don't see it as any bigger crap shoot than spending a 1st day pick and hoping a rookie can/will play well enough to help us, or trading those high !st day picks and a "whole lot of cash" for a backup running back that may or may not be a franchise back.

Ricky Williams could probably be had from the Fish if we pursued it. He says he feels better than he did at 25 in both body and mind. He is not a worn out running back.He is a back that gained over 1800 yards behind a poor OL and who can block and catch at HOF level. Ricky has never been the locker room problem the media has tried to make him . He says he has not smoked in 3 years and has no desire to, having always been a player 'who tells it like it is " good or bad , I see no reason not to believe him now. The year he retired "before training camp" should be looked at from both sides. Would it have been better for him to take the money and not play with his heart in the game, would that have been more fair to his team. Like it or not Ricky Williams "is" a stand up guy and I have no doubt any past , present or future teammates would have any problem playing with him.

GITERDONE Marv.

I watched the segment an have to totally disagree. He turned to pot and then Yoga to manage stress. I don't think he can handle the pressure of being a feature back in the NFL over any sustained period of time. He needs to play football for money which is a good motivator but I see him as being a very big risk as a number 1 back. Marshall Faulk on the set of the show was very quiet when it was suggested that Ricky cold make a good comeback. He did not offer any comment to support it.

if the price is right, i dont' see why the heck not. i don't think ricky will be as good as he once was for whoever gets him, but i think he will be very good and he could be great.

i think it all fits together nicely if only management and some fans can see past some of the past problems that i don't think will be problems anymore.

It is on the cheap beotch...

If you dont think theres easy access to drugs in buffalo then I'll go hunting for the easter bunny with you.

IMO Ricky loooked like he was not in playing shape in any way(he wasnt fat, he just didnt appear as cut up as he once was even though its hard to tell when he wears a sweatsuit). RW always ran well, this is true, and he seemed to thrive in cold weather. Heres the thing though, having watched that piece, I dont see how that guy could have any tenacity, the fight needed to get those valuable inches. ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THAT INCH. BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY WHEN YOU ADD UP ALL THOSE INCHES IT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE BETEWEEN WINNING AND LOSING! BETWEEN LIVIN OR DYING!

seriously though, RW is definatley the biggest RB x-factor at this point in the offseason, wich michael bush being a distant number 2,i predict the falcons draft bush late 2nd early 3rd.

Ricky played all last year and helped the Argos make the CFL playoffs did miss 4 games when he broke his arm, but that is healed,he's in shape, Yoga ect. He looked still young,fresh and ready to me. Has there EVER been a question about his on field effort. When he is in the game it is the game that counts and defenses better account for Ricky Williams or it's see ya later,adios TD.

not that it would happen, but a place like Buffalo (or Greenbay) could be the spot that Ricky could thrive in. They are not huge markets that get alot of Media attention (since Ricky has his fears of the media) and they are not party cities where he could get in trouble partying and have easy access to drugs. NO is a huge party city (Marty Gras) and so is Miami (something Willis told us)

The guys still got some play left in him and low mileage, but the problem (and it would keep Marv from pulling the trigger on the deal) is his past actions of leaving the team and the failed drug tests. If they knew he was focused on football again and the drugs wouldn't be a factor, I'm sure they would be looking at him as an option

Good post

I think a lot of folks on this board may argue that drugs are in fact, readily available in Buffalo!

I think a lot of folks on this board may argue that drugs are in fact, readily available in Buffalo!

Again, as per all i've seen or heard, Ricky's suspension was not for weed but for something in an health food suppliment he took he was unaware of but the league didn't want to hear it because of the past. According to the interview he has been staying up on monthly testing and counseling and is clean for 3 years and no longer has the reason to smoke since he found what he was looking for in Yoga meditation.

Lets move past this and be the team that has the real "Texas Tornado"in the backfield.

GITERDONE Marv.