Cool Places you've been to.....

taterhill

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatsamatter, Pete? Hartford didn't make your list? :w00t:

I'm very provincial myself. Farthest west I've ever been was the Ralph, farthest south was the Bronx, farthest north is central Maine & St. Lawrence Seaway, farthest east is the Mass. coastline. But even within these confines, I've been to some pretty cool places. I don't need to drop names.

In Maine, I've been to a natural spring that only a few townfolk know about where the water is better than any I've ever drank. I've walked the floor in Gampel Pavillion. I've looked at Babe Ruth's plaque in the Baseball Hall of Fame. I've looked at the gold timothy fields shining in the sun and blowing in the wind at my grandparents' 350 acre farm in WNY. I've hunted amid bare mountain laurel and fished in both the clearest and the darkest (cedar trees turn the water absolute black) of ponds. I've walked down a swamp road with my german shorthaired pointer and placed flags at the graves of men who fought and died for this country in the Revolutionary and Civil wars. I've been at a house where I helped construct walls that will still be standing 300 years from now (excluding vis. force majuer clauses). I've stared at Monets and hundreds-year old pottery in the MFA.

And a thousand other spots that I'm perfectly contented to be in as long as there is good food, good humor, good conversation and good works.