Carr Agrees with Panthers

A month after he was released by the Houston Texans, David Carr agreed Friday to play for the Carolina Panthers.

Carr, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft, will serve as Jake Delhomme's backup.

"It's a case where we were obviously looking for someone to come in back up Jake and the opportunity to get a quarterback the caliber of David in free agency is unique," Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said. "We thought it was a good situation and a good opportunity for us."

Carr completed 60 percent of his passes with the Texan, but threw 65 interceptions and was sacked 249 times in five seasons. But the Panthers believe Carr will be more successful behind a better offensive line.

The Panthers needed a backup after releasing Chris Weinke last month. The Panthers also had Joey Harrington in for a visit this week, but came to terms with Carr early Friday morning.

It's the biggest move the Panthers have made so far in free agency. Hurney has said they were content with 21 of 22 starters returning next season

Here is the link http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6651012?MSNHPHMA

I was looking at Carr's numbers for that horrible team called the Texans (I was hoping to use them to show how much better JP was), and I don't think he is as bad as some people think. I think that the Shaub deal will go down as a terrible one (small upgrade in QB for a ton of draft value that should have been spent elsewhere). And I think Carolina just got a good backup who could be their starter if things go that way.

A month after he was released by the Houston Texans, David Carr agreed Friday to play for the Carolina Panthers.

Carr, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft, will serve as Jake Delhomme's backup.

"It's a case where we were obviously looking for someone to come in back up Jake and the opportunity to get a quarterback the caliber of David in free agency is unique," Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said. "We thought it was a good situation and a good opportunity for us."

Carr completed 60 percent of his passes with the Texan, but threw 65 interceptions and was sacked 249 times in five seasons. But the Panthers believe Carr will be more successful behind a better offensive line.

The Panthers needed a backup after releasing Chris Weinke last month. The Panthers also had Joey Harrington in for a visit this week, but came to terms with Carr early Friday morning.

It's the biggest move the Panthers have made so far in free agency. Hurney has said they were content with 21 of 22 starters returning next season

Here is the link http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6651012?MSNHPHMA

Hey, thanks for repeating what I posted 2 hrs previously. It made nervous guy so nervous he locked it so that a REAL Bills fan could report it 2 hrs later.

:thumbsup:

Hey, thanks for repeating what I posted 2 hrs previously. It made nervous guy so nervous he locked it so that a REAL Bills fan could report it 2 hrs later.

:unsure:

oh brother.... :thumbsup:

okay...YOU get full credit for being the better Bills fan.

****Attention TSW Community: Long Island Phil is NOT A dolt who cannot figure out whether or not the subject has been posted before. In the interest of accuracy, I will review and update the automated "form" response.*****

How much money/years is the deal?

per KFFL

Panthers | Contract update: Carr

Fri, 6 Apr 2007 18:17:21 -0700

Updating a previous item, ESPNews reports Carolina Panthers QB David Carr signed a two-year contract worth $6.2 million.