JOSH STAMER

I've always loved Stamer. I think he is an animal as well. The only downside I've had is that I felt he's been an animal for years but still cannot get on the field. I've come to the conclusion there must be something wrong with him that we as fans do not see. I didnt understand Posey starting over him and some of the other guys when our starters were injured. I hope he bounces back, and I honestly feel that if he is healthy he will give whatever rookie we have a run for their money.

While he's great at special teams that does not always translate to being good on defense. If he were that good, there'd have been talk about his starting.

I've always thought he's had tremendous potential and thought that he should have been given a starting nod over Posey as well, but for whatever reasons, perhaps coaching incompetence included, he hasn't.

That being said, special teams is as important as O or D.

Nevada

Wyoming

South Dakota

North Dakota

Alaska

Hawaii

Minnesota

Montana

New Mexico

Oregon

Idaho

Maine

Arizona

Vermont

Washington

Damn, I moved, once again, to the wrong state. :w00t:

Stamer couldn't even beat out Coy Wire for playing time at LB last year. I say no to a break-out year by Stamer.

You do know stamer was out for the year after like week 5, and by the time wire started playing linebacker wasent until like week 10, but stamer will be nothing more than a ST player.

Actually, it doesn't matter, because I do. Regardless of his lack of stats ( I know you guys love the stats ) he is an animal of a player, and his special teams work has been fantastic. I think people forgot about him with his injury last year, but I think he steps in and shows he is a solution for the Bills in 07 a la Crowell in 05.

Uhhhhhhhh.................Let me think about this one. No. Good ST player? Yes. Starter at LB in 07'? No.

As far as the Stamer idea is concerned, and how ridiculous of an idea it is, I’m absolutely certain that the same would have been said of Crowell in 04! If somebody said “Crowell will be our best linebacker in 2-4 years”

This is only true because the other LBs left via FA or had career altering injuries. So yeah, if the rest of the LB core goes down to injury Stamer will be in the starting lineup.

Sounds like you’ve had some experience. As far as wise cracks go, I’ve probably read that exact joke about 300+ times on this board. How about a little originality? A major pre-requisite for making a smart *** comment, of course is actually being smart.

As far as the Stamer idea is concerned, and how ridiculous of an idea it is, I’m absolutely certain that the same would have been said of Crowell in 04! If somebody said “Crowell will be our best linebacker in 2-4 years”, it would have been met with the same stale, less-than witty responses, (centering on drugs and alcohol of course) that every open minded idea is. By the way, who would you say is the best LB on our roster right now?

The mob-mentality of assimilation can not be demonstrated more clearly than on message boards, this one included. Is it a coincidence that the majority of people on the boards have the same 2 or 3 ideas, plans and theories about the near future? No coincidence at all if you ask me, just basic psychology.

If you take a step back, look at things in a historical context, and ignore where the mob is going for a moment, reality sets in quickly. If there are any crackheads out there who said Crowell would go places before Spikes went down, I say smoke on, for you are true renaissance men.

Very well said dude. Keep up the good work. I'll take Stamer anyday, either starter, back up, or special teams.

Sounds like you’ve had some experience. As far as wise cracks go, I’ve probably read that exact joke about 300+ times on this board. How about a little originality? A major pre-requisite for making a smart *** comment, of course is actually being smart.

As far as the Stamer idea is concerned, and how ridiculous of an idea it is, I’m absolutely certain that the same would have been said of Crowell in 04! If somebody said “Crowell will be our best linebacker in 2-4 years”, it would have been met with the same stale, less-than witty responses, (centering on drugs and alcohol of course) that every open minded idea is. By the way, who would you say is the best LB on our roster right now?

The mob-mentality of assimilation can not be demonstrated more clearly than on message boards, this one included. Is it a coincidence that the majority of people on the boards have the same 2 or 3 ideas, plans and theories about the near future? No coincidence at all if you ask me, just basic psychology.

If you take a step back, look at things in a historical context, and ignore where the mob is going for a moment, reality sets in quickly. If there are any crackheads out there who said Crowell would go places before Spikes went down, I say smoke on, for you are true renaissance men.

Crowell is our de facto best linebacker. He is a smart player with good instincts, but tackles like a pacifist. While he may be a good complementary player in a defense, he lacks the physicality to anchor a unit. That is why it is imperative that the Bills get Patrick Willis in the draft. An all-world middle linebacker is the key ingredient to an elite cover 2 defense.

Sketch, I believe you meant Stamer? Your coherent posts are rivaled only by your remarkable brand of humor. But A for effort of course. You really do seem to be giving it the old college try.

Try to keep up, Copy. Sketch was using "sarcasm" to make his point.

Very well said dude. Keep up the good work. I'll take Stamer anyday, either starter, back up, or special teams.

Mrs. Stamer, I didn't notice you joined. Trust that we are not "dissin'" (that's the slang young people use these days) your son here. WE very much appreciate his ST play. Hell, i think he may even work his way into some situational packages (injuries happen, you know). So, keep your chin up, there's lot's of love for Josh here.

Go Bills!