Question about High School Class rings

The Poojer

so my sophomore son, brings home his class ring order on monday, it says we need to have a deposit and order in by thursday. why do we "have" to do this a year in advance or is this their way of getting money early...anyone know????

so my sophomore son, brings home his class ring order on monday, it says we need to have a deposit and order in by thursday. why do we "have" to do this a year in advance or is this their way of getting money early...anyone know????

If he is a sophmore, he has two years to go....

My son is also a sophmore, we ordered his ring last month and put a $50. deposit down. They get their rings early in their junior year so they can wear them for a while

I gotta say, I don't see the purpose of a class ring...

Yeah. It's not like a super bowl ring that you have to earn. It's just a big clunky ring that looks ridiculous. Why anyone would pay more than 5 bucks for one is beyond me. I'd rather buy a throwback Sabres jersey.

One of those things that everyone did, but only about 2 guys in the entire graduating class ever wore it after graduation day.

their the same guys running around with their varsity jackets on two years after graduation....

One of those things that everyone did, but only about 2 guys in the entire graduating class ever wore it after graduation day.

I never did - I thought it was dumb at the time, and still do :wallbash:

I never got one. I graduated in '97 and they always looked stupid and 80ish to me.

To each is own.

The only ring I wear is my wedding ring.

The Varsity jacket comment above got a nice chuckle out of me. How true is that with some people.

When interviewing for new friends, one of the first questions I ask is:

Did you waste $200 on a high school class ring that you probably will never wear?

If their answer is "yes", they don't get my friendship.

We didn't have any money for my high school ring and I was sick about it because everyone else was getting one. I can only imagine the dust it would be collecting today had I bought it back then.

Yeah. It's not like a super bowl ring that you have to earn. It's just a big clunky ring that looks ridiculous. Why anyone would pay more than 5 bucks for one is beyond me. I'd rather buy a throwback Sabres jersey.

I recently ordered a throwback jersey. They must be stitching it one thread at a time because it's not here after 3 weeks.

When interviewing for new friends, one of the first questions I ask is:

Did you waste $200 on a high school class ring that you probably will never wear?

If their answer is "yes", they don't get my friendship.

I find your standards to be lacking, as for most high schoolers, it was their parents cash, not their own cash.