Sorry, I know there are a lot of Turner posts

nemhoff

Williams?

How is he limited? Maybe im missing something.

maybe you're missing his ok-but-nothing-spectacular performance for the Chargers. he's a good back-up, but we all know that any team that wouldve given up a 2nd or a 1st and 3rd for Kenny Davis wouldve been getting hosed.

The kid wanted to know why he gets sour feedback, just giving some advice. relax dank, there only words on a screen, right?

yes, there are :thumbsup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you're missing his ok-but-nothing-spectacular performacnce for the Chargers. he's a good back-up, but we all know that any team that wouldve given up a 2nd or a 1st and 3rd for Kenny Davis wouldve been getting hosed.

:thumbsup: "OK-but-nothing-spectacular"? :w00t::lol::lol::lol::o

500 yards, 6.3 avg, Seven, 20+ yard runs, and 24 first downs.

:o "OK-but-nothing-spectacular"? :D:D:):blink::blink:

Edit: No one gave Davis the chance to become a full-time starter so we don't know how he would have done as a starter.

maybe you're missing his ok-but-nothing-spectacular performance for the Chargers. he's a good back-up, but we all know that any team that wouldve given up a 2nd or a 1st and 3rd for Kenny Davis wouldve been getting hosed.

yes, there are :thumbsup:

:w00t:

His YPC average since he's been in the league is the exact definition of spectacular.

That doesn't make any sense. What we have seen from Turner is that he excels every time he's in the game. He may or may not be able to do that in Buffalo as a full time back, but it doesn't change the fact that it is what we has shown in his time in the NFL.

How is drafting ANYONE in the 2nd or 3rd an improvement on that?

its a MUCH less investment for basically the same risk. Turner has been "good" playing a bit part on one of the leagues best all-around offenses. He's about to parlay his co-workers success into a big contract for himself. he's already got a couple years of hits on him.

we can get a fresh back, cheap, who is hungry to prove himself. and who doesnt cost much

its a MUCH less investment for basically the same risk. Turner has been "extraordinary" playing a bit part on one of the leagues best all-around offenses. He's about to parlay his extraordinary success as a backup into a big contract for himself. he's already got a couple years of hits on him, but judging by the fact that he is a big back (nearly 240 pounds), he probably has many, many more years to go!

we can get a fresh back, cheap, who is hungry to prove himself. and who doesnt cost much, but at the same time could absolutely bomb and then we are back at the same place. Or we could trade for Turner, and pickup a RB in the later rounds who can be "hungry to prove himself"

I corrected and highlighted the corrected parts with red, in your post above.

MY LITTLE SISTER could run backup RB on that offense....
lol!! HRMPH! i say, my word, unreasonable indeeeeed! how DAARRE he use figures of speech and exaggeration!!

:unsure:

ok guys. hope and dream all you want. i wont be one to piss on your parade. IF we get him i hope he's good. and by good for us, i mean much better than he has been.

Are you looking at the words on the computer screen, and thinking about what you are writing before clicking "Add Reply" ???

The guy has averaged 6.0 yards per carry since he has been drafted. You want him to be "much better" than 6.0 yards per carry???

uote name='BoondckCL' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:47 PM' post='959743']

I'm willing to bet you end up working for the state of New York one day.

I really tried to avoid this thread. I read this response and stared laughing. STILL I stood strong! I kept reading.

truth be told, I couldn't concentrate on any of the other posts as I was laughing so hard from this one.

You are REALLY a bastard!...and I mean that in a good way. :unsure:

Are you looking at the words on the computer screen, and thinking about what you are writing before clicking "Add Reply" ???

The guy has averaged 6.0 yards per carry since he has been drafted. You want him to be "much better" than 6.0 yards per carry???

on how many carries? and on which LIMITED downs?

considering we already have ATrain as a 1b, im looking for a 1a, and i dont see it in Turner.

Post all the stats from his 14-2 team you want, you know they wont mean A THING when he shows up here. ask peerless price.

on how many carries? and on which LIMITED downs?

considering we already have ATrain as a 1b, im looking for a 1a, and i dont see it in Turner.

On 157 carries, he has averaged 6.0 yards per carry. You can have your opinion that you don't see Turner as a good first string back, but to say that he has been anything less than excellent in San Diego is ridiculous. If he was not excellent, then teams would not be interested in him.

MY LITTLE SISTER could run backup RB on that offense....

Little sister won't you please, please, please

Little sister don't you cheat on me

Little sister don't you kiss me once and twice

Say it's very nice and then you run

Little sister don't you do what your big sister done

Ev'ry time I see your sister

Seems she's got somebody new

Well, she's mean and evil

Like that little old Boll Weevil

Got to try my luck with you

Sister won't you please, please, please

Little sister don't you cheat on me

Little sister don't you kiss me once and twice

Say it's very nice and then you run

Little sister don't you do what your big sister done

...or whatever...

On 157 carries, he has averaged 6.0 yards per carry. You can have your opinion that you don't see Turner as a good first string back, but to say that he has been anything less than excellent in San Diego is ridiculous. If he was not excellent, then teams would not be interested in him.

TWO teams are RUMORED to be interested...

uote name='BoondckCL' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:47 PM' post='959743']

I'm willing to bet you end up working for the state of New York one day.

I really tried to avoid this thread. I read this response and stared laughing. STILL I stood strong! I kept reading.

truth be told, I couldn't concentrate on any of the other posts as I was laughing so hard from this one.

You are REALLY a bastard!...and I mean that in a good way. :unsure:

Thank you ,sir. Coming from you, the term bastard can't mean anything but a complement. :lol:

To tell you the truth, i am impartial on the entire situation right now. Draft or trade for Turner or Williams. I'll make up my mind when i see more on Turner, how i think he will fit into the Bills' system, and what the price tag is.

I thought that was a Domanick Williams reference... isn't that what Domanick Rhodes is going by these days ?

TWO teams are RUMORED to be interested...

:unsure:

If your definition of rumor is: Chargers GM AJ Smith admitting that there was a lot of activity at the recent owner meeting involving him, and teams, about Michael Turner. Then yes, its just a rumor.

edit: another rumor is that the Chargers would be willing to let Turner go, for a swap of first round picks. AKA, what the Jets did to acquire Thomas Jones ... except Turner is much younger.