Milwaukee, Wisconsin

JoeFerguson

My wife's from all over eastern Wisconsin, but she doesn't like Milwaukee either.

Favorite Italian place would be my grandmother's house. :( Second favorite would be Mama Maria's in North Hudson, WI. Excellent food, great price for anyone in the Twin Cities area :) Regardless though, the food at that festival in Milwaukee sucks: It was on-par with Olive Garden.

Favorite city (for what it's worth) would be London, followed by Vancouver. However, I haven't actually been to too many cities in the US (San Diego, Twin Cities, eastern Wisconsin, and WNY would be about it; oh, and various cities in Hawaii and Alaska).

Drinking isn't on my list of fun things to do, so maybe that's why I'm not a fan of Milwaukee, since most of the posts in the thread are talking about beer :blink:

Cw

London? I hate London! I have been there 3 times. My 3 most hated citys in the world: London, Frankfurt, and Katowice Poland.

Pete, what's your favorite city in the world?

I think New York City is the greatest city in the world! NYC is the most international city in the world and Queens is the most international burough. Tough question though. In the USA I also love Chicago and New Orleans.

In Europe I LOVE Prague, Edinburough, Budapest, Krakow and Rome!

whats your favorite city Joe?

I'm not nearly as well traveled as you, so I don't feel qualified to answer this question.

Anyway, of the cities I've been to, I was most impressed with:

Rome, San Francisco, New York, Munich, Toronto, and of course BUFFALO. Nashville is also really nice.

London? I hate London! I have been there 3 times. My 3 most hated citys in the world: London, Frankfurt, and Katowice Poland.

My wife and I were on our honeymoon in London literally a month after 9/11, so everyone was *VERY* helpful and *VERY* friendly to us and it might've been because of that. For example, we were trying to find the Apollo Theater (there's two theaters with similar names and we went to the wrong one...) so were looking at a bus schedule, when a woman came up to us, asked if we needed help, and when we told her where we were going, she said that she was taking the bus right past that so to just get on with her and she'd tell us when to get off. Things like that happened throughout our entire trip, so it was pretty cool.

My wife and I were on our honeymoon in London literally a month after 9/11, so everyone was *VERY* helpful and *VERY* friendly to us and it might've been because of that. For example, we were trying to find the Apollo Theater (there's two theaters with similar names and we went to the wrong one...) so were looking at a bus schedule, when a woman came up to us, asked if we needed help, and when we told her where we were going, she said that she was taking the bus right past that so to just get on with her and she'd tell us when to get off. Things like that happened throughout our entire trip, so it was pretty cool.

Did you bring your Lego's? :)

Yes!

Wayne Campbell: So, do you come to Milwaukee often?

Alice Cooper: Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers began visiting here in the late 16th century.

Pete: Hey, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?

Alice Cooper: Yes, Pete, it is. In fact , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

Wayne Campbell: I was not aware of that.

I've only spent one night in Milwaukee, and I wasn't overly impressed. However, I was with another non-local so we didn't have any advice on the hotspots. I hear it's a pretty good town. Worst case scenario, if your friend doesn't like Milwaukee, Madsion is very close (which is a GREAT city) and Chicago is only about 1:15 down the shores of Lake Michigan. I toured the Miller brewery in Milwaukee which was absolutely awesome.

<_<