How did everyone miss this?

ROCCEO

Bills | Meachem to visit

Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:31:03 -0700

KFFL has learned the Buffalo Bills will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem April 3.

To all those who are gonna come out and say that this isnt a big deal why does it deserve its own thread, I say, at this point in the offseason not much is a big deal.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were going to go offense outside of RB in the first round, I would much prefer Greg Olsen. We could eliminate the need for a fullback. Play two TEs as our base offense. Have our big target end zone threat. Mess with defenses a little bit not knowing if we are in a run first or a pass first mode, and help out the run game much more than a WR. I also think it will help Roscoe and Reed and Peerless.

It really shouldn't be a suprise. The Bills offense was pathetic on third downs last year and a physical, reliable possession receiver would probably work wonders. The fact that Meachem has great speed is a bonus. I think he'd be a great pick.

I think people are getting a little too caught up in the "needs" of the Bills.

There will be veteran linebackers and lineman and cornerbacks available for short term contracts that can come cheaper than the guys we let go and will be adequate.

I think if they find a guy that they REALLY like and think will be a consumate pro they will and should take him at just about ANY area of need as opposed to the fans perceived "top priority need".

I feel the Bills needs at running back are the hardest to fill, but don't want them to just take any jackass. I think they want a guy that they feel SURE about.

I read that Meacham was the most impressive interview at the combine. His skills also fit the Bills needs at wide receiver.

If we were going to go offense outside of RB in the first round, I would much prefer Greg Olsen. We could eliminate the need for a fullback. Play two TEs as our base offense. Have our big target end zone threat. Mess with defenses a little bit not knowing if we are in a run first or a pass first mode, and help out the run game much more than a WR. I also think it will help Roscoe and Reed and Peerless.

Marv made it clear that he likes the current TE's and felt they were hindered by poor line play. I believe him. No high rd TE this year.

:beer:

Do you have any idea who he is....at all?

:D:wallbash::D:wallbash:

Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee: Not only did Meachem produce big results as a junior in 2006 (71 catches for an 18.3 yard average and 11 TD's), but he also turned heads at the Combine with his 4.39 clocking at 6-2, 214 pounds.

He's pretty fast. Might be good for special teams as a replacement for Andre Davis, but that's it.

:beer::wallbash::wallbash:

The dude is better than every WR on our roster but Evans. He's not a ST player, he's the sort of solid #2/1A type WR this offense needs.

Now ... picking him at 12 would be a mistake, but trading back into the first round to grab him after taking either Willis, Peterson or Lynch would be fantastic.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, WR/TE is a huge hole on this team.

The Bills also conducted a private meeting with Meachem at Tennessee's Pro Day earlier this month.

I could post a direct link to the article, but it requires registration. Enter the following into a google search:

buffalo bills meeting robert meachem march 21

It will be the first story and you can view it without registering by going into the Google cache link below the article.

The Bills also conducted a private meeting with Meachem at Tennessee's Pro Day earlier this month.

I could post a direct link to the article, but it requires registration. Enter the following into a google search:

buffalo bills meeting robert meachem march 21

It will be the first story and you can view it without registering by going into the Google cache link below the article.

I would love to see him on the team next year ... just not at 12.

The dude is better than every WR on our roster but Evans. He's not a ST player, he's the sort of solid #2/1A type WR this offense needs.

Now ... picking him at 12 would be a mistake, but trading back into the first round to grab him after taking either Willis, Peterson or Lynch would be fantastic.

I agree. I have been saying for awhile that it would not surprise me if the Bills took a wide receiver or tight end in the first day of the draft. Possibly even with one of our first two picks. Granted we need a stud at linebacker, but lets face it we need a number 2 receiver badly. Peerless Price is NOT physical and certainly does not fight hard for passes when tightly covered. He is not a number 2 receiver. Reed and Parrish serve a purpose as slot receivers. But we really need that big number 2 threat to compliment Lee.

I don't know much about Meachem, but another downfield weapon gets me REALLY excited!!

What I meant to say is FOR NOW! I never meantioned anything down the road.