Brown says we are most interested in M. Turner

He would probably sign halfway between the Gore deal and the Thomas Jones deal. It wouldn't need to be huge money. Not more than they paid Langston Walker.

The only problem I could foresee is that his agent would know the Bills would want to sign him to a deal and not waste a 2nd rounder, so he might ask for the moon.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I could foresee is that his agent would know the Bills would want to sign him to a deal and not waste a 2nd rounder, so he might ask for the moon.

What the Bills give up for him should be irrelevant to his agent's contract demands

Maybe but I sincerely doubt it. The kid has made virtually no money so far. He hasn't been able to start and never will play much for another year if he's not traded. He hasn't proven himself like Gore has and likely won't this year either. The Bills have the big new line to run behind. I would have to think we could get a deal done with him without much trouble. Maybe similar to what Lamont Jordan got or less.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Marv traded the Bills #1 for Turner. Marv has a very unconventional method of placing value on draft picks, players or positions. This does not come from Butler or Polian, they were much more interested in the chips than Marv is. But I do see one simialarity developing, Marv is building his defense cheap and interchangeable, just like Polian did with the Colts. That doesn't bode well if you don't want to see opponents rushing for 150-180 yards every week.

Badol, do you think he is worth the Bills #1? The Bears had to give up Thomas Jones to move up 26 spots.....in the 2nd round.

Based on this, Turner would have to be a near superstar for him to be worth a #12, or so it would seem.