Does this mean we go RB?

I think so. Like I said before. We really do not have a proven comodity in the backfield. I think marv wants a complete package and not just a RB. We need a blocker, receiver, runner and leader. Lynch to me seems like the perfect fit at 12. Then I believe we get back in the end of the first to grab Puz. just a thought.

I think so. Like I said before. We really do not have a proven comodity in the backfield. I think marv wants a complete package and not just a RB. We need a blocker, receiver, runner and leader. Lynch to me seems like the perfect fit at 12. Then I believe we get back in the end of the first to grab Puz. just a thought.

This would be ideal. When the season starts, I would be disappointed not to see one of three RB's in our backfield either: Peterson, Lynch, or Turner.

;)

Jeff

Not at all.

If my life depended on guessing right, Levy will trade down and grab a first round corner. Marv is a historian, and he will note that this is how Clements was selected.

Until he actually does so, don't be too sure that Marv will ever be able to resist secondary in round 1.

Not at all.

If my life depended on guessing right, Levy will trade down and grab a first round corner. Marv is a historian, and he will note that this is how Clements was selected.

Until he actually does so, don't be too sure that Marv will ever be able to resist secondary in round 1.

I like your thinkin' here Bill!

Jeff

Not at all.

Being a historian, Marv will remember that the addition of Cornelius Bennett's speed at LB was a huge difference maker.

He will be convinced to trade up to #10 with Houston for Balimore 2008 #3 to draft Willis and fill the only gaping hole on the team.

They will take Brandon Jackson or Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd round.

Not at all.

Yes, but if he also wants to go by History, he would realise Buffalo doesn't build their lines, they rely on late picks, and castoffs to fill their lines. The only successful ones are the UFA guys that convert to linemen.

So far Marv has broken that mold and brought in some very capable linemen which I thought would change your entire outlook on Marv.

A first day Safety would surprise me, but a first day (even 1st round) CB would not since without Clement, CB is one of the top needs. I would actually be more surprised and pissed off to see an o-linemen picked on day one then a CB right now

I think Marv will go LB in round 1 and RB in round 2

I think its the other way around, RB at #12, trade back into the first for a LB

Buffalo just does not have RB's on its roster besides Shaud and A-train, and neither are options to be the main guy. The Bills have Crowell, Ellison, and Wire (whom they seem to want to play LB now) So I don't see LB as their main priority right now

The have bodies at LB right now, they don't have bodies at RB though

I think its the other way around, RB at #12, trade back into the first for a LB

Buffalo just does not have RB's on its roster besides Shaud and A-train, and neither are options to be the main guy. The Bills have Crowell, Ellison, and Wire (whom they seem to want to play LB now) So I don't see LB as their main priority right now

The have bodies at LB right now, they don't have bodies at RB though

you make me laugh.

We have Coy Wire so we don't need a starting caliber LB in the 1st ;)

The single biggest hole on this team is a dominating MLB. They will draft Willis and they will proabably trade up to #10 to do it.

Any number of RBs available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (even later) can be productive in a RBBC. My guess is they also sign Chris Brown as the third member of that RBBC.

you make me laugh.

The single biggest hole on this team is a dominating MLB. They will draft Willis and they will proabably trade up to #10 to do it.

Any number of RBs available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (even later) can be productive in a RBBC. My guess is they also sign Chris Brown as the third member of that RBBC.

Any number of LBs in this draft could also be effective players in the Bills' Tampa 2 defense.

In the end, his scenario of a RB at 12 and a trade back up into R1 for a LB would not suprise me at all and in many ways, gives the Bills the best possible combination of players at the two positions.

I suspect we'll trade down, unless by some stroke of unbelievable luck Peterson falls to us. I see four or five good solid running backs and quite a few linebackers available in the late first and through the middle of the second. Linebackers such as Willis or Pos may be the way we go. The cornerback option is something to look at as well.

Yes, but if he also wants to go by History, he would realise Buffalo doesn't build their lines, they rely on late picks, and castoffs to fill their lines. The only successful ones are the UFA guys that convert to linemen.

So far Marv has broken that mold and brought in some very capable linemen which I thought would change your entire outlook on Marv.

A first day Safety would surprise me, but a first day (even 1st round) CB would not since without Clement, CB is one of the top needs. I would actually be more surprised and pissed off to see an o-linemen picked on day one then a CB right now

I am VERY approving of the UFA signings this season, and was very supportive last year when he got rid of Moulds, Adams, Milloy and Vincent.

The draft is a different story, and I reserve the right to nut gush over entering day 1 last year with 4 picks and coming away with 2 dbs, and a DT with a history of being injured, and following this up with an early round 4 safety.

He did a nice job with rounds 5-7 imo.

The way we seem to differ (which is totally cool imo) is that I think that we went all out on the secondary LAST season, and it would simply make no sense to primarily focus on it yet again. I wouldn't mind another corner, but not in the 1st round. We have big needs at LB, RB, and TE. I wouldn't mind seeing an early wideout to compliment Evans.

As for early round blockers, having them enables teams like Carolina to dump bad players such as Reyes and replace them without spending 49 million dollars. The good ones go early because that is when most winning teams select them.

Any number of LBs in this draft could also be effective players in the Bills' Tampa 2 defense.

In the end, his scenario of a RB at 12 and a trade back up into R1 for a LB would not suprise me at all and in many ways, gives the Bills the best possible combination of players at the two positions.

Willis could be an Urlacher type of player in the cover-2.

Poz may be functional at WLB but that puts the undersized Ellison on the bench. Not to mention that Poz is a slow white guy with a blown out knee.

Any number of RBs in the 3rd round and Willis make a far better package than any group of plaeyrs relying on Poz to be teh anchor of your defense.

you make me laugh.

Then I guess the feelings mutual cause you make me laugh too

I'm not saying we don't need another LB, I'm just saying its not a huge gaping hole like you make it out to be. The team obviously sees something in Coy to keep him around now as a LB

Thats why, if you've read any of my posts recently, I have said they will probably draft a RB at 12 (one of the top 2 if they are there) and then trade back into the first for Poz, if he's still available

The way we seem to differ (which is totally cool imo) is that I think that we went all out on the secondary LAST season, and it would simply make no sense to primarily focus on it yet again. I wouldn't mind another corner, but not in the 1st round. We have big needs at LB, RB, and TE. I wouldn't mind seeing an early wideout to compliment Evans.

As for early round blockers, having them enables teams like Carolina to dump bad players such as Reyes and replace them without spending 49 million dollars. The good ones go early because that is when most winning teams select them.

I'm only yanking your chain

I highly doubt the Bills focus on the secondary again, but an early CB is a huge possiblity and not a bad move, they do need another to fill the void from Clements (and if you put Youbouty in that spot, someone has to fill his spot)

I agree RB and LB right now are bigger needs, but if the best available player at #12 is a CB, you take him. I don't think they have a need at TE. They have Royal (who they like and see as only getting better now that they won't have to keep him back to help the o-line), Everett (it would be nice to eventually see what he can do) and Cieslak (a versatile TE who can play FB too, and the team became high on him at the end of the year)

Basically, for needs, I think it would look like this (1 being highest need, 5 being the lowest)

1- RB, LB, CB

2- #2 WR, FB (only because I'm not sure if they plan on even using one if Cieslak can fill in if needed)

3- Depth OL, Depth DL, #3 QB

4- TE

5- K, P, DB

Willis could be an Urlacher type of player in the cover-2.

Poz may be functional at WLB but that puts the undersized Ellison on the bench. Not to mention that Poz is a slow white guy with a blown out knee.

Any number of RBs in the 3rd round and Willis make a far better package than any group of plaeyrs relying on Poz to be teh anchor of your defense.

I'm not as big of a Posluszny fan as many of the others on this board, but I also think he's a better player than you're giving him credit for. I see him much like DeMeco Ryans a year ago, where everyone gets a little too nitpicky about his height/weight/speed measurables and ignore that he's just a really good player on the field. He may not be a gamechanger, but I think he'll be a good pro and would make a nice addition in the mid 20s and could play either OLB position, perhaps even in the middle.