Official "Thanks, Takeo" thread

It's been mentioned in a few of the trade threads, but like some others here, I'm very, very sad to see this guy go. I felt, and still feel, like it would have been worth it to see what a great LB like Spikes had left in the tank two years removed from a bad injury. I'm excited to see what Walker brings to the table, but I always valued TKO's competitive edge, the fact that he was very excited to come to Buffalo because of the FANS, and that when he was at his very best he was an exciting maniac to watch on the football field. Wish that injury never happened.

Best of luck on a new team that, thankfully, is one I can see myself pulling for as long as they aren't playing the BILLS! Thanks for your effort and short time as a great Bill, Takeo.

Oh, and Holcomb, you were never a bad dude, despite the idiotic posts you inspired. As long as my team was going to be in a holding pattern, I'm glad it was with you at the helm. Best of luck in your 6 starts once Donovan gets hurt again.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well i know how philly fans feel today.they are extremely excited about picking you up and rightfully so.i remember that game against cincinatti when the bills fans were chanting your name to become a bill.i was crazy excited when the bengals didn't match our offer.i wish you well in philly except when the bills come to philly this season.you will be missed!

?

I can't believe some people were upset McGahee left but don't care that we lost this guy. "Meh" all you want, but this guy always played hard, and when healthy, well.

first, i wasn't upset McGahee left.

second, i liked Spikes. i liked him a lot.

but i wouldn't say he did anything extrordinary. just my .02

first, i wasn't upset McGahee left.

second, i liked Spikes. i liked him a lot.

But that's exactly it. Spikes was a warrior and a great person and a very good player but even in his healthy prime he never took any games over himself. He was a very good player, and I hope he continues to be in Philly. He deserves the respect he gets and I hope he's happy there. But again, it's about SYSTEMS. And We just got Darwin Walker for a guy who simply was not a good fit in the T2. Had the Bills waited, they'd have had to deal him for much less.

i liked Spikes. i liked him a lot.

I think his first two years here he was extraordinary. Due to injury and Pat Williams' loss, his production obviously suffered. But I'd take these numbers anytime:

Year G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def FF

2003 16 126 70.0 56 2 2 1 0.5 1 0 6 1

2004 16 96 61.0 35 3 5 122 24.4 62 2 11 3

I think his first two years here he was extraordinary. Due to injury and Pat Williams' loss, his production obviously suffered. But I'd take these numbers anytime:

Year G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def FF

2003 16 126 70.0 56 2 2 1 0.5 1 0 6 1

2004 16 96 61.0 35 3 5 122 24.4 62 2 11 3

Hence the:

:worthy:

It's been mentioned in a few of the trade threads, but like some others here, I'm very, very sad to see this guy go. I felt, and still feel, like it would have been worth it to see what a great LB like Spikes had left in the tank two years removed from a bad injury. I'm excited to see what Walker brings to the table, but I always valued TKO's competitive edge, the fact that he was very excited to come to Buffalo because of the FANS, and that when he was at his very best he was an exciting maniac to watch on the football field. Wish that injury never happened.

Best of luck on a new team that, thankfully, is one I can see myself pulling for as long as they aren't playing the BILLS! Thanks for your effort and short time as a great Bill, Takeo.

Oh, and Holcomb, you were never a bad dude, despite the idiotic posts you inspired. As long as my team was going to be in a holding pattern, I'm glad it was with you at the helm. Best of luck in your 6 starts once Donovan gets hurt again.

Thanks TKO and Willis for making my authentic jerseys obsolete :worthy: