No comp picks for bills in '07 draft

d_wag

San Fran is loaded with picks this year! They have a pick in rds. 1,2,3,5,6 with three in the 4th rd. In addition they get another compensatory pick in the 3rd and 4th rd. too???!!! Wow! They should be a serious threat in the NFC West this year.

Pats get 4 friggin' picks :(

1 5th, 2 6th, and 1 7th

New England Patriots

New free agents: TE Kyle Brady (Jaguars); LB Adalius Thomas (Ravens); RB Sammy Morris (Dolphins); WR Donte' Stallworth (Eagles); WR Kelley Washington (Bengals); CB Eddie Jackson (Dolphins).

Retained free agents: FB Heath Evans; G Billy Yates; LB Larry Izzo; S Rashad Baker; OL Gene Mruczkowski.

Trades: WR Wes Welker, from the Dolphins.

Departed free agents: LB Tully Banta-Cain (49ers); TE Daniel Graham (Broncos)

Released: S Tebucky Jones; RB Corey Dillon.

Franchise player: CB Asante Samuel.

i am curious .....why do the pats get 4 picks when they only lost two players? i mean they signed 6 players.

San Fran is loaded with picks this year! They have a pick in rds. 1,2,3,5,6 with three in the 4th rd. In addition they get another compensatory pick in the 3rd and 4th rd. too???!!! Wow! They should be a serious threat in the NFC West this year.

Don't you mean next year.....or the one after. It's rare for a rookie to make a difference to a team. All of those picks won't help much this season more than likely.

I agree they may well be a force in the West this season but that's won't be due to the number of draft picks they have.

New England Patriots

New free agents: TE Kyle Brady (Jaguars); LB Adalius Thomas (Ravens); RB Sammy Morris (Dolphins); WR Donte' Stallworth (Eagles); WR Kelley Washington (Bengals); CB Eddie Jackson (Dolphins).

Retained free agents: FB Heath Evans; G Billy Yates; LB Larry Izzo; S Rashad Baker; OL Gene Mruczkowski.

Trades: WR Wes Welker, from the Dolphins.

Departed free agents: LB Tully Banta-Cain (49ers); TE Daniel Graham (Broncos)

Released: S Tebucky Jones; RB Corey Dillon.

Franchise player: CB Asante Samuel.

i am curious .....why do the pats get 4 picks when they only lost two players? i mean they signed 6 players.

Comp picks awarded were for LAST YEAR's FA period......by the info provided, Pats will not receive any comp picks in the 2008 draft

That's eight picks in the first four rounds. A good portion should contribute immediately. No, I like their chances this year for the division title.

I agree Tipster. They were playing the best down the stretch last year in that division. With the FA pickups, Alex Smith's progression AND this years crop of draftees, they will not only be a force in their division, but the entire NFC.