Rotoworld.com......interesting tid bits.....

For all you Lynch fans out there.......falling to the second round? hmm.......

4. Marshawn Lynch, California

Overall Rank: 34

Ht/Wt: 5-11/215

Combine: 4.46 forty, 20 reps of 225, 35.5-inch vertical, 10.5-foot broad jump

Pro Day: Performed position drills

Negatives: Lynch was accused of sexually and domestically assaulting his ex-girlfriend in December. He was in the line of fire during a drive-by shooting in college. Of those who did the drill, Lynch's short shuttle at the Combine was markedly slower than every runner on this list. Despite an "official" 4.46, his forties were both in the 4.5s according to both Scout.com and the NFL Network. He was timed as slow as 4.55. Lynch struggled with nagging injuries at Cal and the latest word in league circles is that he has a bad back.

Positives: Lynch tore up Pac-Ten defenses, scoring 15 times as a junior and averaging 6.1 yards-per-carry. He is an effective receiver and explosive, though not elusive. Lynch isn't shifty, and could be a good fit for a zone-blocking scheme.

Verdict: I'm already wary of Pac-Ten running backs that aren't named Reggie Bush, let alone those with off-field issues, suspect speed, and injury questions. The argument has been made that Lynch's sexual assault accusation wasn't pursued, and is thus a non-issue. In a league set to suspend Pacman Jones for a full year, it won't be overlooked. Lynch is unlikely to be drafted in the top 20 and could fall well into the second round.

Full article below......

http://rotoworld.com/content/features/colu...articleid=27953

More of the same if you ask me, after watching a little film though I still want the guy at 12. Call me crazy but I think I might even want Lynch more than AP.

I hear ya......I like Lynch. I look at what the kid does on the field. As for the off the field stuff, is it a case of wrong place and at the right time? Who knows....I dont think hes in the same line as Pac Man Jones....

Im a huge fan of Lynch......and I agree about the Peterson thing. Lynch I think is the all purpose RB....

Whoa, in all fairness what rotoworld is reporting is heavily tainted. I'm at work and I can't take the time to find the link to these allegations but that drive by shooting was a case of mistaken idenity. The gang member(s) who were responsible even called his grandmother's house to admit this and apologize. The charges were dropped in the assault case. The police and eyewitnesses were in agreement to the inaccuracies from the defendent. Apparently she has quite a past and reputation, maybe she should be investigated for character.

Because of my activity on this message board, the more and more that I read on football players, the more I realize how much can be twisted by the media on people's personal business and character. It really isn't so glamourous being in the public eye. I don't think that it's fair how someone can destroy someone else's reputation and character by reporting what they want reguardless of the accuracy of the actual events.

*I'm not discrediting this poster, just the heartless media reporters that write and twist anything that they want for a story.

First...........I also want to say that Stephen Jackson came from the Pac-10 just recently as well.

Forget Reggie Bush.

Jackson should be the standard.

For the record. I like Lynch at #12.

Second......people put way too much stock in combine/pro-day results and 40 times.

Is Lynch a football player on the field? Heck yes.

First...........I also want to say that Stephen Jackson came from the Pac-10 just recently as well.

Forget Reggie Bush.

Jackson should be the standard.

For the record. I like Lynch at #12.

Second......people put way too much stock in combine/pro-day results and 40 times.

Is Lynch a football player on the field? Heck yes.

Forget him...Marv will NEVER draft him. You can mark it down.

he reminds me too much of the "second-coming-of-McGahee"

To me that player is Michael Bush.

Why is Lynch the second coming of Willis? Because he talks funny and drove a cart around lol. Because there running styles are nothing alike.

But Bush has the same size/style as Willis and has leg problems. To me taking Bush in the 2nd or 3rd is the bigger risk.

I dont know, I think Lynch is that RB that can take our offense to the next level.....I also think hes the best RB in this draft that fits the style of offense that Fairchild runs......

Agreed.

Now if the Bills can get more info on this abuse charged that was dropped and get the word on what happened than don't be shocked if Marv does take a flyer on him.

The kid is a very good all around back that can do some damage.

Agreed.

Now if the Bills can get more info on this abuse charged that was dropped and get the word on what happened than don't be shocked if Marv does take a flyer on him.

The kid is a very good all around back that can do some damage.

Agreed..........

There are such things are 2nd chances on life. I also think if surrounded by the right cast of players which we do have......im sure he will fit nicely in Buffalo. Thats the reason McGahee didnt fit, he was a punk....

To me that player is Michael Bush.

Why is Lynch the second coming of Willis? Because he talks funny and drove a cart around lol. Because there running styles are nothing alike.

But Bush has the same size/style as Willis and has leg problems. To me taking Bush in the 2nd or 3rd is the bigger risk.

he just comes off as another Warm-Weather player who doesnt even know where Buffalo is, and doesnt seem to care. while he is probably more skilled than Willis, he seems like he would be another guy who would rather be playing for a bigger market team. and he seems like a guy who we would love to run out of town in a few years. i have no problem with how he speaks, or the cart driving thing. i thought the cart was funny actually. and i dont care about the fake assaults and what not.

from the interviews ive seen, id put him under the McGahee heading (i agree, Bush is there too) and id put guys like Tony Hunt and Kenny Irons on the list of high-character guys. Hunt has just as good receiving skills. plus, i like that he played college ball at Penn State. he's not going to be afraid of the snow. and Irons has stated that Buffalo was one of his favorite teams growing up, and he'd love to play here.

Lynch seems like a guy who is the best RB in the league, just ask him.

again, these are all obvioulsy personal opinions. and while ive seen interviews, ive never sat and talked to any of these guys. but i dont think any of us have. so we're all just guessing.

Well I'm glad there just personal opinions because I love Lynchs attitude. He is a team first guy that is always giving credit to others. Its genuine as well. He is nothing like McGahee. Its also interesting that Thurman came out and said that he thinks Marv ended the Willis Era because Marv and others on the team may have been sick of his attitude. Willis never gave credit when credit was due.

To say that Lynch is another warm weathered player that doesn't care is stereotyping if you ask me. I have watched the kid compete ever since he was a freshman and I love the way he handles himself on that football field with his teamates. His teamates always are praising Lynch on that he never talks about himself. But always about the team. Sound like Willis to you? I think not.

JP was a warm weathered person as well. I think JP wants to be here.

You do know that Irons is not the smartest player and that Lynch actually is a very smart person.

Well I'm glad there just personal opinions because I love Lynchs attitude. He is a team first guy that is always giving credit to others. Its genuine as well. He is nothing like McGahee. Its also interesting that Thurman came out and said that he thinks Marv ended the Willis Era because Marv and others on the team may have been sick of his attitude. Willis never gave credit when credit was due.

To say that Lynch is another warm weathered player that doesn't care is stereotyping if you ask me. I have watched the kid compete ever since he was a freshman and I love the way he handles himself on that football field with his teamates. His teamates always are praising Lynch on that he never talks about himself. But always about the team. Sound like Willis to you? I think not.

JP was a warm weathered person as well. I think JP wants to be here.

You do know that Irons is not the smartest player and that Lynch actually is a very smart person.

JP wanted to be ANYWHERE. and thats the drive we need from players.

once again i hope (IF we draft him) that YOUR opinion is correct. and if we do draft him, in Marv i trust wholeheartedly.

i just think, for what we are getting and for what we need, 12 might be a little high to take him in THIS draft.

and yes, to call him a warm-weather player IS stereotyping. but it IS what he is. he's played his entire career in warm weather. and for people who have never been up north for a winter, the Buffalo weather is(should be) a major concern.

But to call him the second coming of Willis is far from the truth Dr.

Going by what his teamates say Lynch is very selfless. We need more of that on this team.

Not saying that Lynch is going to be Thurman but Thomas also played his entire life in warm weather before heading to Buffalo. Thats where all this pre-draft interviews and such all come into play. I trust that Marv and company will get all the info that they need to make the right choice. Whether its Lynch or not I don't know. But I do see RB as a place where I want to see more than 1100 yards out of my rushers.

Not to mention Maurice Jones Drew, Lendale White, Corey Dillion, Deshaun Foster & Reuben Droughns. All of those guys either started or had significant playing time last year. I'm not sure there is a conference that has more RBs that get significant playing time at RB in the NFL.

But to call him the second coming of Willis is far from the truth Dr.

we dont know that yet. i admitted that its just my opinion. but we dont know either way. Im pretty sure if you had asked any of the Miami guys a few years ago, theyd say Willis was a great guy too.

theres too much unknown still to speak like we're talking facts, from either side of the opinion

I just can't stand it when people say things like Bush is the exception, blah blah blah.

Stephen Jackson was a machine last year. Maybe Bush will turn out to be as good.

But I would take Jones-Drew and Jackson over Reggie anyday. Its all media hype.

Lendale has been a big turd so far though. Too pudgy.

I heard that Mawaii called him out in the Tennessee papers and told the media that he has to get in shape.