Sounds Familiar?

1. Who's better, Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson?

Californial's Marshawn Lynch caught 34 passes for 328 yards and four touchdowns last season.

Robert Beck/SI

Adrian Peterson is an explosive and dynamic runner with outstanding speed and quickness. The former Oklahoma star is a talented workhorse who will invigorate any offense with his big-play ability, but Lynch's versatility and overall ability make him ideally suited to play the pro game. As a natural cutback runner with excellent speed, quickness and vision, he has a slippery running style that allows him to consistently pick up tough yards between the tackles.

In addition to being an outstanding runner, he is a polished route runner who has the hands to be used effectively in the passing game. With the majority of NFL teams incorporating parts of the West Coast offense, Marshawn's overall skills will allow him to have a bigger impact on the next level.

Has anyone else heard the reports that many teams medical staffs came away from lynch's checkup less than pleased. I guess he may have back issues.

Well thats what they said about marcus mcneill!you say. Hey Im not saying hes bad, I just heard it on NFL network. They listen Lynch as one of their "slipping prospects"

So we should draft another McGahee in the first? There are quality backs in the 2nd round...take one if available.

Stop with the drafting another Mcgahee....

Besides being black and coming from a rough upbringing......Lynch is the complete opposite of Mcgahee........

An Unselfish Leader....a WE-type player, always talking up his offensive linemen, then taking the credit.....

He's a hard power runner, who can also get to the corner, great vision, great speed......

A willing blocker, with great hands, you can set him wide, great route runner......

very good arm, giving us HB option possibilities(Evans to Royal may turn into Marshawn to Evans a couple times a year).....

Does this guy really sound like Mcgahee??

I think he sounds like another great NFL back.....but i wont name names....you put it together....

Whatever, I'd be happy with either AP or Lynch. No 2nd or 3rd round picks as RB though please marv.

Nothing wrong with drafting RB in the second. After all, Thurman Thomas was a second round pick, 40th overall I believe.

Other recent second or later round notables:

2006: Maurice Jones Drew (2)

2005: Frank Gore (3)

2004: Tatum Bell and Julius Jones (2), plus Michael Turner in the 5th

2003: Domonick Davis (4)

2002: Dashaun Foster, Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts (2) and Brian Westbrook (3), CHESTER TAYLOR (6th round)

2001: Travis Henry (2), Rudi Johnson (4)

That's just in the last 6 years. In that same time there have been at least 5 first round flops.

The point I am trying to make is that Levy may see comparisons to Thurman and make a pick based on those notions. Coaches tend to be like that.

In my opinion the team needs defense and the pick should be either trading down if Patrick Willis can be obtained a little later in the first or select the tackle from Lousiville if he is still around at the 12th spot.

Nothing wrong with drafting RB in the second. After all, Thurman Thomas was a second round pick, 40th overall I believe.

2002: Dashaun Foster, Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts (2) and Brian Westbrook (3), CHESTER TAYLOR (6th round)

That's just in the last 6 years. In that same time there have been at least 5 first round flops.

Those are the successes, but what of the failures? There are usually about a dozen RBs chosen in R2-4 of every draft. Of those, on average only two or three of them develop into quality starters and maybe another two or three hang around a few seasons as backups. That's a success rate of 25-50%, depending upon how you consider the backups.

http://www.drafthistory.com/positions/rb.html

On a related note, the drafts of the 1990s were absolutely pitiful at the RB position usually producing only 1 or 2 long-term starters through all 7 rounds. Perhaps the current 'dime-a-dozen' situation is merely an abberation?

Those are the successes, but what of the failures? There are usually about a dozen RBs chosen in R2-4 of every draft. Of those, on average only two or three of them develop into quality starters and maybe another two or three hang around a few seasons as backups. That's a success rate of 25-50%, depending upon how you consider the backups.

http://www.drafthistory.com/positions/rb.html

On a related note, the drafts of the 1990s were absolutely pitiful at the RB position usually producing only 1 or 2 long-term starters through all 7 rounds. Perhaps the current 'dime-a-dozen' situation is merely an abberation?

Good point, Brandon. Present both sides of the issue.

ESPN in their draft magazine does percentages of starting players last year by round...

Of the 34 starting RB's last year here is the breakdown...

Round 1- 47%

Round 2- 25%

Round 3- 16%

Round 4- 3%

Round 5- 0%

Round 6- 3%

Round 7-0%

UFA- 6%

I would strongly consider Peterson or Lynch considering that everyone else in the RB class is mentione another 30 some picks away from them.

ESPN in their draft magazine does percentages of starting players last year by round...

Of the 34 starting RB's last year here is the breakdown...

Round 1- 47%

Round 2- 25%

Round 3- 16%

Round 4- 3%

Round 5- 0%

Round 6- 3%

Round 7-0%

UFA- 6%

I would strongly consider Peterson or Lynch considering that everyone else in the RB class is mentione another 30 some picks away from them.

Also figured to add this stat... Over the past 5 drafts here is an average of what the RB's gained in their rookie year.

Round 1- 14 chosen- 619 yards average in 1st year.

Round 2- 10 chosen- 338 yards

Round 3- 10 chosen- 198 yards

Round 4- 19 chosen- 184 yards

Round 5- 4 chosen- 56 yards

Round 6- 11 chosen- 0 yards

Round 7- 19 chosen- 0 yards