Are we seeing Eric Moulds last season as a Bill?

Rudyc80

I would say it has a good chance of happening, since hes only got 2 years left on his deal.

Perhaps they redo his contract and extend it.....i think hes the type that would do that!

I say its 50/50 hes a bill in 05! I will say this, the one reason i could see him not getting cut is cause evans isnt ready for that role as a number 1 and reed clearly is awful so they would have to spend money signing a wideout anyway.

Do you guys think Moulds is a Bill in 05? I would be heartbroken since hes my favorite Bill!

he's the only one producing anything... he's dropped a few balls, but EVERY WR does... you guys drive everyone away. There has never been more negativity than what I see on this board this year... wow. if we didn't have Moulds, we score almost 0 points this year... he's still good and will be still good enough to keep around for at least two more years

Don't remember how his contract is structured but with 2 years left and his numbers I'd say they restructure at the end of next year and extend unless they have a real need for cash next year which I don't think they will. The only real big free agents we have left to worry about next year are Pat williams and Jonas and neither one of these guys is exactly tearing it up right now.

If we end up going with JP this year, we need to keep Moulds around next year......JP needs weapons - even overpaid ones.

Thank you.

A voice of reason.

he's the only one producing anything... he's dropped a few balls, but EVERY WR does... you guys drive everyone away.  There has never been more negativity than what I see on this board this year... wow.  if we didn't have Moulds, we score almost 0 points this year... he's still good and will be still good enough to keep around for at least two more years

67241[/snapback]

I hope not. 

He's not top five but it would be interesting to see his #'s if he played with Culpepper, Manning or McNabb. 

TO and Ty Law think he's pretty good.

67463[/snapback]

Exactly - he's played his whole career with no one consistently good at QB, and how many different coordinators...etc.

My honest answer on this question is that it depends on how durable he is throughout the season. If he plays like he has so far and stays on the field, I think he comes back. If he ends up starting 12 games, I think the organization might not feel he's worth the investment. It's a pretty good question actually.

Moulds is signed through 2006. His cap numbers breakdown as follows:

2004: Salary $4.245 million, Amort bonus $2 million, Reporting bonus $1 million, workout bonus $100,000. Cap number is $7.345 million. He also has a $150,000 Pro Bowl bonus that is considered "NLTBE" because he didn't make the Pro Bowl last year.

2005: Salary $5.5 million, Amort bonus $2 million, reporting bonus $1 million, w/o bonus $100,000 which gives cap numbers of $8.6 million. It can increase to $8.775 million because he also has a PB bonus of $175,000. The $175,000 will count on the 2005 cap if he makes this years Pro Bowl

2006: Salary $6.045 million, amort bonus $2 million, reporting bonus $1 million, w/o bonus $100,000 for cap number of $9.145 million. Pro Bowl bonus of $200,000 would also count if he makes Pro Bowl after 2005 season

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

With the Bills facing a tight cap picture after this season, I fully suspect that Moulds will work out a cap friendlier deal but he certainly doesn't deserve a huge pay cut. Bills have about $2 million available in '04 to use for an extension for a player. I would like to see the Bills re-work Moulds contract NOW and use some of that money to get the future cap relief we will need.

I'll be highlighting this in my 2005 Cap Outlook article due out very soon at BZ :doh:

Unless he puts up Moss-like numbers the rest of the season,

he's gone if he doesn't take a significant paycut IMO.

67234[/snapback]

Teflon Tom will give him a pay "cut" like he gave Drew- maybe about $8.75 mil worth with additional years on his contract.

Guest Teresa Heinz Beans Fart

Moulds is currently our most feared offensive weapon. Unfortunately (or fortunately) for wideouts, a big part of their production is based on what the QB does with the ball. Moulds is every bit as good as he's ever been, but with a swinging door offensive line as well as a QB with tunnel vision, there's only so much he can do as he runs down field. He's still good enough to get double teamed.

He is without question, the team leader and voice of reason. He's also a fierce competitor.

Following the Jets 7 series/7 punts debacle, who do you think Ralph Wilson spoke with to get a player's perspective on the cause of the offensive woes? Eric Moulds?

Just from a business standpoint, it would be an idiotic move to jettison Mould just as a new QB, WR, and RB are being groomed to be the future of the Bills offense.

Can you imagine the backlash from potential ticket buyers?

Moulds ain't going anywhere. Count on it.