Jonathon Vilma

Beerball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vilma was a great draft pick for the jets. hes young and the core of their D.

they will not trade him for an older, previously injured, OLB. it just doesnt make sence.

maybe... MAYBE if vilma was demanding some insainly high new contract then i can see why they would be willing to trade him. but i think teh jets would be willing to give him a good amount of money to stay.

so i just dont see this happening.

Vilma was a great draft pick for the jets. hes young and the core of their D.

they will not trade him for an older, previously injured, OLB. it just doesnt make sence.

maybe... MAYBE if vilma was demanding some insainly high new contract then i can see why they would be willing to trade him. but i think teh jets would be willing to give him a good amount of money to stay.

so i just dont see this happening.

So you think Stratton is more likely?

Beerball, you need to cap up your ointment, imo. You could get fly cooties and they could prevent you from pulling this trade off for us. Maybe Chicago will throw in some ointment caps?

:nana: It's just an expression. I do think Chicago is the likeliest spot for him to end up. Too bad they only have one franchise. If there was an east and a west side team our chances would be doubled.

yes it is a true rumor.

however i think Marv is asking the Jets to throw in their 1st round pick.

I don't know why the jests would throw in a 1. Consensus is that we would have to pony up a 4th in not higher pick. How would that work out on the trade/draft pick point system?

Bills | Linebacker Search

Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:09:02 -0700

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Buffalo Bills have begun discussions with the New York Jets and Chicago Bears. Reports are that the Bills are hoping to trade Takeo Spikes for either Jonathon Vilma or Lance Briggs. The Bills are also willing to add their 5th round pick in the upcoming 2007 draft to get a deal done.

Bills | Linebacker Search

Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:09:02 -0700

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Buffalo Bills have begun discussions with the New York Jets and Chicago Bears. Reports are that the Bills are hoping to trade Takeo Spikes for either Jonathon Vilma or Lance Briggs. The Bills are also willing to add their 5th round pick in the upcoming 2007 draft to get a deal done.

Fialkov is always gold with the inside info. And for our 5th round pick this year and Takeo! Either Vilma or Briggs would be a great deal! Get it done, Marv!

Woo Hoo! Baseless ridiculous rumors!

Unless we get something from our medical staff saying that TKO's ankle will not improve at all and he is unable to perform, he should be a Bill next year.

Remember, last off season his ankle prevented him from working out, and then he missed tons of time in the season to the hammy. With his ankle healed, he will be able to work out all off season with the same fire he played before the injury, and even if he doesn't get back to where he was, he will still be better than what we saw in 2006. Plus, other than the ankle being "older" after the surgery, like Willis's knee, the rest of his body basically has two years fewer bumps and bruises and wear and tear because of his injury time away.

So while he is 30, his ankle is older and the rest of his body is younger (if that makes any sense). If his ankle will let him compete and not be a forever problem he can be an impact player in 2007 (and really had very little chance of being an impact player in 2006 either way, because of recovery timetables). If his ankle will be something that will plague him forever and limit him to a hobbling old man, then his recovery might never be enough to make him useful.

Judging from the way he played the last month of the season, I'm very excited about TKO being an impact player again, and really hope he remains a Bill.

Maybe we could get Vilma and Briggs for Takeo and our 5th round pick (or one of our many compensatory picks) in a three team trade! That way Vilma and Briggs could compete in camp and we'd know whoever performed better would be a solid starter.... I think this sounds pretty good for us. We should do it.

Maybe we could get Vilma and Briggs for Takeo and our 5th round pick (or one of our many compensatory picks) in a three team trade! That way Vilma and Briggs could compete in camp and we'd know whoever performed better would be a solid starter.... I think this sounds pretty good for us. We should do it.

I found out earlier today that teams aren't able to trade compensatory picks, so you'll have to rethink that. Could we possibly make the deal contingent on our picking a specific player with a compensatory pick and then packaging the player in the trade? I don't know if that would be legal or not.